Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Piercing Roar Build

ganjou234

Question

So I was thinking about building around piercing roar and this is what I came up with in the builder since I dont have some of the mods needed yet.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Rhino_prime/t_30_4402043230_2-0-10-8-8-5-12-3-10-19-1-10-27-9-3-55-6-5-411-7-10-481-2-10-493-4-3-544-5-5_2-6-19-7-481-14-12-8-493-9-544-6-55-6-411-8-8-14-27-9_0/en/1-0-23

Can someone try this out? I think you should be able to refresh that debuff quite often and still have enough duration to dish out a burst of damage while having a decent amount of Iron skin. What do you guys think? Should be fun though Probably not as viable as other Rhino builds. I'm trying to make a workable build around it...

Revised build:

• Party
    • party with Night Equinox/Phoenix Oberon, Nekros , and Mesa/Banshee/Nezha
    • party will have 2x energy siphons and 2x corrosive projection
  • Arcanes
    • 2x Arcane Grace
  • Focus
    • Max Energy Overflow from Zenurik
  • Weapons
    • Ack & Brunt with Guardian Derision and Electromagnetic Shielding.
  • Party Formation
    • Form up and group around the Rhino.
  • Optional
    • Replace Vitality with Iron Shrapnel/Streamline/Natural Talent

2e2068i.png

OLD BULD:

(does the link work btw.....is this the right section?)

wr2x.png

Edited by ganjou234
Revised Build

4 answers to this question

TBH, if you want some non-Stomp AoE fun, might as well go for the 1-2 combo of Ironclad Charge + Iron Shrapnel.

Charge invincibly into a crowd, knocking down / blasting away everyone you hit,
deactivate Iron Skin for a further knockdown blast (that can actually proc Puncture lol),
put massively boosted Iron Skin back on, gg you win.

For your build / strategy, Puncture procs just aren't all that great (unless maybe if you can stack a lot of them, dunno)
and ... are you actually trying to turn that 150 Puncture damage into something useful? Because if so, well, good luck :D

BTW, Handspring on a Frame that's immune to knockdown for the vast majority of the mission? Huh?
Why not e.g. (my absolute favorite / pretty-much-must-have Exilus Mod) Enemy Sense?

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

TBH, if you want some non-Stomp AoE fun, might as well go for the 1-2 combo of Ironclad Charge + Iron Shrapnel.

Charge invincibly into a crowd, knocking down / blasting away everyone you hit,
deactivate Iron Skin for a further knockdown blast (that can actually proc Puncture lol),
put massively boosted Iron Skin back on, gg you win.

For your build / strategy, Puncture procs just aren't all that great (unless maybe if you can stack a lot of them, dunno)
and ... are you actually trying to turn that 150 Puncture damage into something useful? Because if so, well, good luck :D

BTW, Handspring on a Frame that's immune to knockdown for the vast majority of the mission? Huh?
Why not e.g. (my absolute favorite / pretty-much-must-have Exilus Mod) Enemy Sense?

Hi!

Hahaha! I understand the combo with IC and IS, however does iron shrapnel have a guaranteed puncture proc? From my experience it's usually just the knockdown + puncture damage. With this build you one should be able to spam Roar after 3 seconds so I guess you would be able to proc the 30% damage reduction from the "weaken" debuff quite often, plus I'd assume this 30% puncture debuff works with Iron skin in a way that armor does to health. Its that guaranteed weaken proc I'm going after not the 150 puncture damage.

The handspring is just for comfort, I'd prefer to have it just incase I get knocked down with my Iron Skin down, just to minimize that margin of error.

OP, I have to give you a +1 just for trying to come up with something different, which is already more than a lot of players even try to do.

On the other hand, Piercing Roar gives the ability to inflict Puncture procs which are quite bad. I understand from your build that you are trying to give a lot of power strenght and keeping a reasonable efficiency. Low duration is there basically to almost spam it every 4 seconds.

I can try it for you but Im not sure what do you expect from it. you want to check the damage, CC? 

16 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

OP, I have to give you a +1 just for trying to come up with something different, which is already more than a lot of players even try to do.

On the other hand, Piercing Roar gives the ability to inflict Puncture procs which are quite bad. I understand from your build that you are trying to give a lot of power strenght and keeping a reasonable efficiency. Low duration is there basically to almost spam it every 4 seconds.

I can try it for you but Im not sure what do you expect from it. you want to check the damage, CC? 

Please do test! I would like to see the results since I have yet to aquire the needed mods, forma, and endo. I believe this build works best in a group. Can you test this in a T4 Survival or Defence? I want to see the synergy with other damage reduction sources and frames that benefit from it, what frame would best utilize that 4 second duration buff on Roar? With the build Rhino should be reducing incoming damage by 30% or more, and also absorbing 50%.

Here is my revised build:

• Party
    • party with Day Equinox/Phoenix Oberon, Nekros , and Mesa/Banshee/Nezha
    • party will have 2x energy siphons and 2x corrosive projection
  • Arcanes
    • 2x Arcane Grace
  • Focus
    • Max Energy Overflow from Zenurik
  • Weapons
    • Ack & Brunt with Guardian Derision and Electromagnetic Shielding.
  • Party Formation
    • Form up and group around the Rhino.
  • Optional
    • Replace Vitality with Iron Shrapnel/Streamline/Natural Talent

2e2068i.png

Edited by ganjou234
I am deliberately leaving out Trinity from the party.