The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Premium helmets look horrible !!!!!!

MrWednesday

Yeah, they all look horrible, because I have the same sense of aethetics as you.

Oh wait.

I don't. I like them and bought them without a care in the wrld about their stats changes, which are, evidently, not even working properly.

your ego is too high, nobody cares if you bought them all, most people dont spend 17hours a day on warframe.

O.T

They are also way to expensive.. 75 credits for a ugly helm.. k

Edited by titanoz

I like them - especially Ember's (I hope that they will release full Fenix set) and Ash's (it looks like samurai hairstyle with this "pony/scorpion tail). Mag's and Rhono's are weird, but I am using it.

Trinity's is ... weird as hell.

But stiil ,these are first of (probably) many other helmets, so no need to hate.

Hi!

After the new updates there were variety of premium helmets (could only be purchased with platinum). I didn't try any on yet, but from the martket's images they look horrible. The designs don't mix with the game or the armor, they seemed oversized and ridiculous to put on.

They have no cosmetic value at all, no one would ever bought them w/o the bonus stats.

Btw, it'd be nice if the devs provide some in-game footages of these premium helmets or of any future implement of cosmetic items, it'll be easier to judge them.

Thats funny, because i think they look amazing and fit the frames perfectly. Especialy trin and volt. Its the cosmetic customisation, you pick what you like. The stat change is actually so miniscule you can pretty much ignore it.

Also, you make that assumptions only on market images? Check them in game, there are many people using those. I would love to see a 3d preiew before i buy though

Edited by nzzero

your ego is too high, nobody cares if you bought them all, most people dont spend 17hours a day on warframe.

O.T

They are also way to expensive.. 75 credits for a ugly helm.. k

Oh my god your opinions burn so much.

I always care what Cedric has to say, because its usually good. He bought the hats? That's good, I know now that they're possibly worth the purchase.

Do you think people go on the TF2 forums and complain about hats?

No, because they're smart enough to know it's a matter of PERSONAL. OPINION.

Your opinions are NOT better than anyone elses.

I LOVE the way the Rhino's helmet looks. It gives him more of a "plower" sort of look, it looks nice.

Edited by Karagera

Not to critisize anyone, but just because you buy the helmets, or all of them doesn't mean i have to like them nor have to agree with your opinion, I haven't met much ppl with premium helmets, or any of my friends or clanmates have them.

My jump-to-conclusion is only based on market's images since i have not seen real in-game footage, already mentioned that at the beginning of topic; btw, how is this my fault ?

The game is still in early development, devs want to make money fast through cosmetic items. I'm sure not just me but alot others don't like the design and are not willing to pay --> no money, no game.

And fyi, just becasue they are unique, doesn't mean they have to be nice.

Ok listen, when it comes to asthetics it is all personal option no matter whom you are. Infact I will freely admit that I don't really care for any of these new helms, but there are people out there whom like and even possibly love these new helms and guess what no one is wrong becuase it is a matter of personal oppion.

Also I really have to ask what did you hope to achive by starting this thread?

Edited by EclecticDragon

I just got the Frost bundle, and am kinda hoping that the alternate helmet's just a placeholder. From what I can tell, it's the Nyx's helmet, just put on the Frost chassis. I'm not sure if this is the final design, but I was kinda hoping for more...

I actually enjoyed the Frost alternate skin! It looks cool and neat, but why I was kind of looking for an Excalibur/Excalibur prime helment, but Frost one is great!

<3 All of the new thingies, And I really liked the trinity one, I thought it looked like a halo or something

I actually enjoyed the Frost alternate skin! It looks cool and neat, but why I was kind of looking for an Excalibur/Excalibur prime helment, but Frost one is great!

<3 All of the new thingies, And I really liked the trinity one, I thought it looked like a halo or something

Do you mind posting a picture of Frosty's new skin? becuase I haven't seen it yet.

The new Frost helm is a giant ring around the original head without the horn on it.. boosts armor, lowers power. Seeing as how he's one of the two tanks, it's a nice tanking helmet. Unfortunately the ring is about as wide as his shoulders and is only attached on the back.. rather lame. I feel like I'm going to topple over.

Of the new helms I like Ember's..

Edit: The picture above of frost is using Nyx's helm, which was a place-setter. The pic is outdated.

Edited by Nasmodok

This is the propper Frost alternate helmet, the one they had before was the wrong mesh as it was just the same as the Nyx default helmet. I also thought the new Rhino and Ember helmets look pretty cool, the halo on Frosts is a bit too big tho.

Evolution0002_zps31c091d8.jpg

Edited by Kurohitsugi

The new frost helmet is just too big and obstructing. Feels out of place specifically with the giant ring above the head. On a personal note i feel it is the most boring of all the new helmets. The others have a unique feature, though sometimes weird, somehow fit the frametype they are on. This one is just seems encumbering and just a giant ring was added. Function wise this doesn't make sense either. Aesthetics-wise it doesn't give that ice factor that the frost frame features in skills. Hope this can contribute to the artists. I really love the art style and work that has been done!

I think the main problem with Frosts helmets apart from the halo being too big is that neither of them really look like they have anything to do with their element like Embers do, altho i guess the default one does kinda look like a big hat. His shoes kinda look like slippers to me too.