The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A weight system, and way to make energy syphon passive.

GOLANX

10 hours ago, FireSegment said:

first part, the game do have pacing problem for long time now. not suprise to see ppl ask for it

second part, not sure which playstyle u mention, but i can imagine some "playstyle" would unavoidalbly disrupt and annoy a different "playstyle" of other squad mate, so again, not so suprise, it pop up all the time really.

however, i dont think this thread belong to any of those 2 scenario, as this could bbe a systematically nerf or particular buff for some combination of weap (more like introduce a new stance mod, but seriously involve core mechanic) 

DE wont implement any of our half-baked ideas this anyway, so chill

The nd goal is to finish the mission. No matter how cheesy or braindead a strategy is, it shouldnt be removed just because it hurt your feelings. If you want to play something different like like pure stealth missions or self imposed challenges then do so alone or look for a party.

The only thing that should be removed are actions or strategies that actively hurt squadmates (AKA: Trolling).

So long as people are playing for the game's objective, no gameplay style should be removed.

23 hours ago, GOLANX said:

Energy Syphon is a must have for almost every warframe

As @booty_hunter said, there's a ton of energy orbs on higher levels, if you combine that with an Arcane Energize set or Zenurik's Energy Overflow ability, you should pretty much always have full energy, making energy siphon as a passive pretty pointless, since you won't be needing tons of energy in lower level content.

6 hours ago, Denpoman said:

The nd goal is to finish the mission. No matter how cheesy or braindead a strategy is, it shouldnt be removed just because it hurt your feelings. If you want to play something different like like pure stealth missions or self imposed challenges then do so alone or look for a party.

As a player, yes, the goal is to finish the mission. but as the game devs, one of the goal is to make the play feel enjoyable.for as much player as possible.  

i would be guessing that u talking about kill steal here when u mention the "hurt feeling", But a scenario when 3 player feel dissatisfy from not able to do the objective, while the last one feel guilty for doing so - happen a lot, too much in this game that it change the meaning of the real "objective" in player'eyes.

This, in turn would make the only way left to feel enjoyable as player is to be the one that killing before other do -> the pacing got increase not from the player inherently want to, but from partly being forced to do so, to feel enjoyable -> burnout, rage, etc ...

My point is that, the need to slow down the play from player perspective is justifiable and reasonable, because the unnecessary increase in pacing. Just that everyone have their own idea on how to "fix" the problem, which sometime kinda .....

Edited by FireSegment

It would be neat if something like this was implemented in game, but you would have to be very careful in how. I still think that energy regeneration should be a passive on all frames, though. (One of the reasons I didn't play Warframe that much until after parkour 2.0, and stamina, yuck! Also, I was expecting Dark Sector 2 with MMO elements!) 

It would work if it affected an energy regeneration passive only, but negative regen, what? Maybe it could affect efficiency? Frankly, it would be adding a layer of complexity that isn't needed. Unless Warframe was reworked as damage 3.0, weapons 2.0, and movement/parkour 3.0 I'm not certain any of this would work very well. 

Of course I still believe this game needs a solid rework with movement, damage, and gameplay being more unified as many of the different systems like armor and powers and energy usage and bullet jumping and... They all feel a little too disparate and tacked on and not as a cohesive whole. 

What I am trying to say is that energy regen is a symptom of Warframe's main problem which is for some reason it is still treated as a beta when it is a full game. An example that I will leave you with is comparing pre-rework Excalibur with Nidus.

Excalibur' abilities were so overwhelmingly unuseful; invisi-jump and a very underpowered 4 that became his 3 later. There was no real use for him other than Radial Blind, no dps, or anything...  Then we have Nidus whose powers are all built to synergize and literally feed off of each other! Every power serves a purpose and  is effective and forms a cohesive experience that is summed up in the overall "Nidus experience." 

Now Excalibur is great, post-rework, and was needed to actually be viable. The same goes with Warframe as a game. Right now it is still pre-rework Excal, and the energy regen issue points to this, but there definitely is a quality Warframe in there somewhere; it simply needs a bit more work to tie (larva) everything together into one cohesive Warframe experience! 

Sorry, I couldn't stop write'n! Thanks op and thanks for reading; if you did, Tenno! 

The only aura a msut have is CP xd

energy siphon is not important as long you can kill them fast enough.

bring a pizza man. jsut do 1 simple mission then you cna make 10 XL energy pizza.

and like what hsoe guys said, energy orb is everywhere. The drop is higher if you dont use skill to kill xd