Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

JV - Infested Salvage portion is EXTREMELY BORING

TaylorsContraction

There is a unanimous concensus that the second part of the first mission, involving the infested salvage portion is extremely boring. I have had discussions with players about this and it boils down to the following.

1) This segment is too long even if you keep all the vaporizers filled throughout.

2) This segment is extremely easy with a bunch of weak infested units.

Players spend the entire portion of the mission just standing by their vaporizers while the infested mindlessly rush in to provide fresh injectors. There are a number of ways this can be rectified that I will list below.

a) Shorten the time this portion of the mission takes. While that won't reduce the boredom it entails, at least it won't drag on as long. This is the safest solution to the problem that won't upset anyone. Now I realize simply shortening this section seems easy mode, well how about the following.  Add a "terminal" to which we can donate the "Antiserum Injector Fragmens" during the mission. They serve little to no purpose beyond crafting the Antiserum Injector itself. The more we fill the "terminal", the faster the decryption will take place. Think of it as by dispersing these fragments through the ship's venting system we're reducing the effect of the infestation on the ship at least in the immediate vicinity where hacking is taking place.

b) Add some challenging fights during this section. Truthfully, there's nothing you can add that can't be cheesed. But having 2 Juggernauts Behemoth's would at least occupy players for a minute or two. Some players don't like the idea of increasing difficulty of the mission, as a way to occupy players during this boring part. Maybe it's a consideration for the nightmare version should that ever happen.

This post is made in the spirit that raids shouldn't feel like a chore, and this particular segment of the mission is always more upsetting to me than fun.

3 hours ago, Magicfingers said:

i can't stand posts that assume they are speaking for everyone

Hey if you disagree,  please voice your opinion that is counter to mine.  My conclusion comes from speaking to over 60 different raiders over the course of two years.  The unanimous part refers to players I've spoken with personally.  It is not meant to imply I spoke with every player that ever did JV.  But unless players explicitly state that things are fine as is right now and nothing needs to be changed,  my point stands.

3 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

Hey if you disagree,  please voice your opinion that is counter to mine.  My conclusion comes from speaking to over 60 different raiders over the course of two years.  The unanimous part refers to players I've spoken with personally.  It is not meant to imply I spoke with every player that ever did JV.  But unless players explicitly state that things are fine as is right now and nothing needs to be changed,  my point stands.

aren't most JV raiders those people who refuse to admit those below mr 18?

I agree that since there is now the infested salvage mission, there should be some alteration to the jv section, but under the same logic, there should be a simple alteration to the infested salvage mission, like being able to study/receive the injector... (which atm, can only be received by doing the raid that REQUIRES it for the team to advance....)

MR is so pointless beyond 14 atm (in terms of exp and damage), aside from bad rolls on riven mods that is... I have half a dozen rivens, most of which I love using, and all but one are below mr 10....

4 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

and my point still stands. you say you talked to "over 60 different raiders" over a two year period. how can "over 60" out of thousands of players be a unanimous consensus?you can't claim that unless you talk to every single player that plays it.

You are derailing the thread about semantics and attacking OP without giving input about the topic from your own side. Do you even play JV extensively?

I never met OP in-game but I also agree with him. I find that section of JV quite slow and tedious. When I start to get bored of that section I start thinking "we should be almost done now.... oh man we're only at 54%!?  Hurry up!"  

That's pretty much my impression about it every single time.  The % progression moves clearly faster in the Infested Salvage mission on Eris.  It should match that speed.