Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top Tier / OP weapons?

Mabitude

Question

I wonder, which weapons are the most OP top tier weapons? Well, weapons that has high enough critical chance that they´re able to red crit, or high enough status chance to frequently status proc. With this I mean that with a proper build, they will accomplish this as long as their base crit chance or status chance is high enough, thats what I´m looking for.

I´m thinking on getting a few of these if they suit me. Not entirely sure which weapons are though,and the list are too long to go through

Edited by Mabitude

18 answers to this question

Galatine Prime, Tigris Prime, Sweeper Prime(sentinel) , for secondary, go with Vaykor marelock or Euphona Prime.

but it all depends on the playstyle. For high level content, a lot of ppl opt for status, corrosive mostrly to strip enemy armor (most of our enemies have armor...) and then huge slash procs, couse they are op. But it is also a lot of fun to see awesome redcrits.

is up to you and how you play. if you want a fast and clean run, critical, if you want to see the enemy suffer , status.

For high-end levels, i've always used frames powers over weaponry so i'm not really sure, but i would take a Pure dmg primary, a status secondary and a redcrit melee with Naramon Focus.

But once again, is all personal opinion.

Oh, boy, top-tier crit/status weapons, where to start...

The first crit weapon that comes to mind is the bow weapon "Dread" that can land red crits 25% of the time with only a Point Strike.

Other "shoot-stuff" weapons with the high crit chances mostly need kavat buffs, "Critical Delay", "Argon Scope" or Riven mods to be able to land red-crits.

Also, any melee weapon with "Maiming Strike + Body Count/Drifting Rush + Blood Rush + Berserker" can become a 100% red-crit weapon so yeah.

Status weapons that can reach 100% status chance are quite common really.

The first one that comes to mind is the shotgun "Tigris Prime" that can hit 100% status chance PER PELLET with 4 60/60 mods.

Melee weapons, "shoot-stuff" weapons with a status chance with 30%+ can hit 100% status chance with 4 60/60 mods.

My personal status melee weapon of choice is the Zenistar with "this build + 1 forma for P. Pressure Point"

...This comment ain't really organized now that I wrote it, but hey, hope it's better than nothing. :3

P.S// Oh, snap! Yeah, almost forgot but Sweeper Prime with a C.C build will pretty much stun-lock anything that gets in 10 meter from you.

It's pretty hilarious-awesome and practical at the same time!

Edited by NativeKiller

8 minutes ago, zeroichi92 said:

Fragor Prime? Put one forma & you'll red crit everyday.

Well, I´ve been thinking on it, and yet have to find/buy a fragor head to complete my set. However, a problem I have with these heavy weapons are their slow swings. I dont want to be stuck in a swing animation while being overcrowded by enemies, although that might be the idea of the swing. So, hmm. Not sure

Primary: Tigris Prime, Hek (with augment), Quanta Vandal, Dread, and the apparently dreaded Synoid Simulor.

Secondary: Vaykor Marelok, Euphona Prime, Akstilleto Prime

Melee: Galatine Prime, Zenistar (300 day reward I think), Telos Boltace, and Nikana Prime. Fragor Prime is a maybe for me.

As far as sentinel weapons, Sweeper Prime. 

just get weapons that you happen to like the mechanics of..... if they dont work end game, get a riven for them. rivens can fix ALMOST every weapon. if it can fix my lato it can fix almost everything you could pick.

2 minutes ago, Mabitude said:

Well, I´ve been thinking on it, and yet have to find/buy a fragor head to complete my set. However, a problem I have with these heavy weapons are their slow swings. I dont want to be stuck in a swing animation while being overcrowded by enemies, although that might be the idea of the swing. So, hmm. Not sure

With base crit chance of 35%, Fragor prime would have no problem activating Berserker and reach 75% attack speed. 

11 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

Galatine Prime, Tigris Prime, Sweeper Prime(sentinel) , for secondary, go with Vaykor marelock or Euphona Prime.

but it all depends on the playstyle. For high level content, a lot of ppl opt for status, corrosive mostrly to strip enemy armor (most of our enemies have armor...) and then huge slash procs, couse they are op. But it is also a lot of fun to see awesome redcrits.

is up to you and how you play. if you want a fast and clean run, critical, if you want to see the enemy suffer , status.

For high-end levels, i've always used frames powers over weaponry so i'm not really sure, but i would take a Pure dmg primary, a status secondary and a redcrit melee with Naramon Focus.

But once again, is all personal opinion.

Quite unsure what I would be looking for. I´ve never really used crit weapons unless they would be a favorite to me, but most of the times, its been status. I built Opticor a week ago and found it really useful, however, less useful in active combat. I mean.... that moment when you one-shoot someone and then everyone else in the room gets alerted. Heh, even though I´d put Hush on it, most of the times they get alerted anyway. I guess its the AoE blasts fault.

I´ve mostly been someone that uses melee 80% of the time in any mission, but its been like that due to my bad sight, therefor aims badly. With Opticor I have an accuracy of 63% most of the times though, I think the charge beam that shows up helps me quite a lot. So I´d want something that shares a similar mechanic, that can help aiming

12 minutes ago, Mabitude said:

I actually only have berserker on mine right now for an attack speed mod, and once I get the crust rolling, I find the attack speed to be good enough.  You can put prime fury on it too, and it will be plenty fast.  

1 hour ago, Mabitude said:

So I´d want something that shares a similar mechanic, that can help aiming

Not sure if that exist. As far as i remember, opticor and tonkor are the only weapon that let you see the projectile trajectory :/ 

1 hour ago, Kyryo said:

Not sure if that exist. As far as i remember, opticor and tonkor are the only weapon that let you see the projectile trajectory :/ 

Should be more of them :/ Its boring sometimes to be unwillingly stuck in meleeing the enemies rather than shoot them, which becomes annoying at times when the enemy back away from you and you´re still stuck in this melee animation and when you get off that, the enemy back off your sight so you have to circle around him... O.o

There might be spray-weapons like Ignis, but I dont like that one. It consumes a god damn alot of ammo, like machine guns or assault rifles, which I doesn´t really like. I like weapons that has a good amount of ammo capacity and doesn´t eat up everything in a few seconds. So, yeah

Tigris prime then! The only shotgun in existence that can be used both at 0mm of distance or 100Km with the same result !  With vicious spread you decrease its accuracy, but thats actually a good thing for the weapon as you can one-shot entire corridors of bombards in 1 shot without even aiming ! just put the reticle somewhere near the torso of the poor victim and shoot. He will explode in a thousand of pieces ! few are the one that can survive a good Tigris Prime shot.

3 hours ago, Kyryo said:

Tigris prime then! The only shotgun in existence that can be used both at 0mm of distance or 100Km with the same result !  With vicious spread you decrease its accuracy, but thats actually a good thing for the weapon as you can one-shot entire corridors of bombards in 1 shot without even aiming ! just put the reticle somewhere near the torso of the poor victim and shoot. He will explode in a thousand of pieces ! few are the one that can survive a good Tigris Prime shot.

You say so? I´ve been unsure of getting that one as well. However, a problem when it comes to farming the parts. All I got is the tigris prime stock xD Well, if I can reach MR12 (half-way) someday and work up my syndicate standing to 100k with New Loka again, I´d try out the Sancti Tigris. It seems to be basically the same thing, just with a syndicate proc. Although Tigris Prime does look even cooler xD

For secondaries, I suggest you give Staticor a try. With innate Radiation damage, you can build it to Radiation/Corrosive/Blast. It's an aoe weapon, and with 3x 60/60 damage/status mods you get your status chance to something like 90%. It'll then do all your jobs for you: AoE to kill lots of smaller enemies, dual CC (radiation to confuse, blast to knock down) enemies, and corrosive to eat away tough enemies armour. Plus, it's a very cool weapon.

Vaykor Marelok was my favorite before I discovered Staticor. Accurate, high damage, syndicate proc, cool looking.

For Melee - There are more powerful options, but give Redeemer a try. It's a very versatile weapon, being melee but still having the ability to shoot out enemies at range (and dealing enormous stealth damage, and is completely silent too!), while up close it's a good crowd control (the charged shot knocks down enemies around you). Basically, it's like a secondary in your melee slot - just remember that it's strength is in it's shotty ability, and it doesn't really shine if you try to swing it at people.
Redeemer has the added bonus of being VERY useful in Melee-only sorties, AND it makes some Mastery Rank tests A LOT easier.