The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura Mods solo/squad

EinheriarJudith

7 minutes ago, Vademar306 said:

not sure about this idea since for most missions enemy numbers scale with how many players there are so it shouldn't be any more difficult than it would be in a squad of 4.

the only difference between solo and squad is spawn rate. how the health shield and armor scale in endless is the same wether you are solo or in a squad. there is no draw back for getting a bonus if you are soloing. i also made a post previously about the low spawn in solo. my gear is not so weak that i need low spawn and having an option to increase it is good for everyone. 

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 hour ago, Vademar306 said:

yeah but low spawn means less stuff to have to kill so less chances to die and less difficulty right?

this is why me and a few other suggested it be an option to increase it so everyone can decide wether they want to participate or not. a 30% reduction to enemy armor (x2 when soloing) allows people who are soloing to go much futher with frames and weapons not good at dealing with armor before they have to think about it. there is no downside to having this. 

i don't think that's necessary as in 4 player squad each can equip 1 so it allows 120% corrosion but in solo you can max get 1 so i believe it scales properly with enermy numbers. If you give such a buff to soloers then what do u propose for those groups of 2s or 3s, therefore I think it is only fair to have corrosive proportional to the number of enemies there are.

15 minutes ago, Vademar306 said:

i don't think that's necessary as in 4 player squad each can equip 1 so it allows 120% corrosion but in solo you can max get 1 so i believe it scales properly with enermy numbers. If you give such a buff to soloers then what do u propose for those groups of 2s or 3s, therefore I think it is only fair to have corrosive proportional to the number of enemies there are.

how do you get 120% from 60%? @100% there is no longer any armor. x2 squad can use x2 cp a x3 can use x3 CP squads have way more options available to them than soloers do and even with this they will still have more options because of having that 1, 2 or 3 extra people. its not even comparable. no one loses here and soloers gain i see no issues.

I'm just saying its quite a buff for soloers which might not be fair for squads of 2 ppl and 3 ppl and onwards since they only get 2*30/3*30/4*30 (hence reason that I got 120) buff whereas soloers get 60% buff which is unreasonable since solo ppl have less enemies to fight so theoretically shouldn't it go proportional to how many mobs there are, not how many ppl are in ur squad. The only argument that would support doing this is because the only advantage squad lads have from soloers is just being able to revive each other instead of having a set 4 lives in solo, I see how a cp buff is useful for ppl in endless but haven't rivens sorted this out already. a 2 person squad will only have 60%, 3 person would have 90% so its additive and if 1 person has 60% then its just an anomaly and wont balance properly.

Edited by Vademar306

15 minutes ago, Vademar306 said:

I'm just saying its quite a buff for soloers which might not be fair for squads of 2 ppl and 3 ppl and onwards since they only get 2*30/3*30/4*30 (hence reason that I got 120) buff whereas soloers get 60% buff which is unreasonable since solo ppl have less enemies to fight so theoretically shouldn't it go proportional to how many mobs there are, not how many ppl are in ur squad. The only argument that would support doing this is because the only advantage squad lads have from soloers is just being able to revive each other instead of having a set 4 lives in solo, I see how a cp buff is useful for ppl in endless but haven't rivens sorted this out already. a 2 person squad will only have 60%, 3 person would have 90% so its additive and if 1 person has 60% then its just an anomaly and wont balance properly.

you keep going back to spawn. i said it before. scaling doesn't care about spawn when it comes to armor, health and shields. in solo play you might have less spawn but they will still have soul crushing armor. to have CP be based of spawn would call for a revision of scaling (while i would love for them to do this not likely to happen). x2 squad can have CP/RF AMP etc not just CP they also get increased spawn which means increased drops, affinity and increased credits. a solo player will never be on the same reward scale as x2, x3, x4 squad. you are also not accounting for what extra players bring to the squad. x2 squad might get 60% cp but they also get an extra 4 warframe powers. so yes 60% for solo there is no problems with that.  

I kind of see what u mean since cp is additive so 2 players with double the enemies would stil have 60 cp that affects them all whereas 1 person with half the enemies have 30 cp over all enemies so if u go up rly high it would be a real challenge but then doesnt the cp have range so 2 ppl would not alwayd have 60 cp and sometimes only the individual 30cp since ppl can stray off and never rly cluster together when they reach rly high levels since theyre already rly skilled. But a constant 60 cp for an individual would be a real buff compared to the inconsistency a 2 player sqyad may recieve. Then again, you dont always need cp if ur not against grineer or some infested. And also theres a reason y rivens were made.

Edited by Vademar306

8 minutes ago, Vademar306 said:

I kind of see what u mean since cp is additive so 2 players with double the enemies would stil have 60 cp that affects them all whereas 1 person with half the enemies have 30 cp over all enemies so if u go up rly high it would be a real challenge but then doesnt the cp have range so 2 ppl would not alwayd have 60 cp and sometimes only the individual 30cp since ppl can stray off and never rly cluster together when they reach rly high levels since theyre already rly skilled. But a constant 60 cp for an individual would be a real buff compared to the inconsistency a 2 player sqyad may recieve. Then again, you dont always need cp if ur not against grineer or some infested. And also theres a reason y rivens were made.

auras are map wide. i was using CP as an example of how it could be done. with the scavanger mods you could get double the ammo. one thing i hate about mutations is that they were a band aid and not an actual fix to the ammo issue. many loot shooters have solved ammo issues simply by creating a place for you to restock. take borderlands  and defiance for example. both loot shooters both use a container or vendor to refill ammo. the division does this as well. rivens are not good for this game. they defeat the purpose they were intended for.

I believe that a boost in cp or other mods arent necessary since rivens are already very overpowered and plus since how often do u reach that high that u need 60 cp solo? By that time i bet the wifi or connection to the server would have broken off.

3 minutes ago, Vademar306 said:

I believe alot of this is solved by the implementaion of the rivens system. Why do u need ammo mutation when u can triple ammo maximum and capacity with a single mod.

using a mod is only a band aid how ammo is acquired needs to be addressed also bullet hose weapons have large clips and ammo maximums but when damage falls of you will use more ammo. scavanger + mutation+ammo case might help but if the enemies drop no ammo its meaning less. i ran into that doing an infested survival enemies stopped dropping ammo.

1 minute ago, Vademar306 said:

Wel i guess theres a raeson y there are large syndicate ammo bps that grant infinite uses are relatively cheap craft.

they should turn all the team restore into that call down from the orbiter which would make mutations obsolete. but guess what? they arent likely to do that since they gave carrier ammo case.