Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 9: Vor's Revenge

[DE]Rebecca

150 Plat just to upload a clan image? Really? You're gonna charge me almost 10 bucks to make an image for my clan when I have already invested 150 and was considering investing 150 more? You guys really should make the emblem for the clan, ya know, free. Make it a little less irritating. I want to keep giving you guys money, and this update is impressive and makes me want to pull my wallet out, but please, think about how much you are charging people for very small things. I know you guys are trying, but it's just not convincing enough to make me want to spend more money. You are starting to lean into that pay-to-win void where F2P's avoid. Stop listening to your marketing department and listen to us. I'm sure you have plenty of income from us as well as Sony. Stop changing so damned much in the game. We get used to something, like the artifact system, and you take it away, and now we have to re-balance all of our Frames if we want these "Auras" and the new planet map is new and shiny and all, but don't try to fix something that isn't broken. Don't ruin it for us, DE, we love Warframe. Don't change it too much. You have too much of my money and I love you too much to be angry at you. I just ask that you think just a bit harder.

Edited by ChaosX21

I think it should be Lex prime and not Bronco, I wonder if they will add more prime stuff though. Paris prime sounds cool but I don't like the other weapons they choose. Well I am fine with the weapons I have now so no complaints here. Still want a Lex Prime lol

Okay here is what i think so far about the update.

The nightmare mode provides a nice challenge and the new mods are a great reward.

The new images upoin launching add greatly to the atmosphere.

Captain Vor is actualy challenging now, however when i fought him with my level 30 Ember, he was quite bothersome because of his strange shield. The reflection from the start menu, like with any other reflective surfaces is kind of creepy when you get it shown so directly. Shouldn't that reflection only happen in the Orokin Void or have i switched my graphic settings to low and the surface doesn't reflect the game world proper?

Also he was level 24 when i faced him. Does he scale with the player level? In that case it would be quite a problem for newer players when some veteran jumps in and Vor suddently becomes insanely impossible for them.

The change to the Aura system might be a good balance to what was previously a straight upgrade, but some of the Polarity choices seem questionable. For example Ember has a polarity for melee and rifle buff Auras, however she is one of the most energy dependend since she constantly needs Overheat in battle. So making the energy syphon aura less useable to her, gives her a huge disadvantage. I sugges they should finaly give her the increased armor or at least speed her warframe deserves.

Some of the helmets look quite ugly also the bonus some of them provide are questionable at best.

The new Solar system display is great. but the missions could be further appart, currently they are quite clustered.

The new additions to the Grineer ship and Orokin Void are great. Though takes some getting used to. I was stuck in the long jumping hallway of the Grineer Ship for several minutes because of being unable to find the way... IN VAMPIRE MODE. That should not happen.

Grineer soldiers now using ropes to come into fights is a cute addition and actualy explains why these ropes are there in first place.

Pressur point now makes standard melee attacks more usefull. Still have to test if charge focus melee weapons like Gram don't still proft the most of it.

Overall, great update. Get some sleep Steve.

Edited by Othergrunty

Good job with this Update, but...

- The new Aura system is useless on concept and on practice. Is better go back to Artifacts model (renamed to Aura if is pretty cool), where can select them freely for each mission on favour of my squad.

- Morphics everywhere? I prefer to get other resources too (balance few drop rate) :D

- Solar system map would be better with planets without rotation and put again info when you pass over mouse about them (with name of resources, no their icons). Further, also enable again the icon blocked on missions and planets that user don't have.

- Add back button on Lore UI, in case negative always will be as main background if you don't push key ESC when is on focus.

- On colours palette's for warframes and weapons, show (highlight) that colour is selected.

There are sometimes that when you write on chat (lobby), each letter go associated to one mission doing that this go selecting them for play background. It's annoying!

Just wanted to add something else.

Grineer Lancers now using Burstons is a nice callback to the original Dark Sector Trailer, though this makes them even more difficult in higher level since now they can rapid fire 3 strong bullets instead of 20 weak ones.

Also finaly answers the question what ever design philosophy this gun fits into. Though it still looks too "modern" timey for a Grineer weapon. Perhaps its something from their past.

Also there is infested fungus in their engine room. Someone should tell them.

I can not enter the dojo, it marks me "Unable to retrieve data from the dojo"

Dafuq! : (

ah yes, thanks to super Aura system, I polarized my warframe Ash, because normally I use energy siphon but it uses points of mods and I did not have the correct polarity.

Please slip me a rope and a chair lol

Such a great disappointment with this upgrade :/ Number of bugs is overwhelming. Seriously that's sad what you has done with that great game. I just cant understand how there can be so many great things about this game and the same time so many mistakes, bugs, non user friendly solutions ... You easily could do this game even better but you going in opposite direction ... There is so many talented ux designers, so obvious solutions to make gaming experience really nice but you killing all fun ...

I will not give examples, just read this tread and do something with those all bad changes or you will start loosing contributors for sure because of those all silly "improvements".

Heh, I'm really sad to writing this :(

The Artifact/Aura system change wouldn't be so bad if the slots on the Warframe didn't come Pre-polarized. (Though it is annoying that I can't max my WF's mods if I want to use Energy Siphon.)

Also, are Artifacts/Auras gonna drop from enemies? Or are we stuck just getting them from alerts still? I mean, they should at least be Void drops now since they can be upgraded.

What's really gnawing at me is the mission charts. They're a bit hard to read now that they aren't highlighted with a color.

Edited by Erranty

about the raptor boss what is with his looting i have killed sveral times and only ever been given loot once it was nova helm bp however i hav also been searching the area when the boss is sodne and cannot find any evidence of any loot that has been dropped

would have been a great patch to try the new additions if the game wasnt so buggy now. cant even load up a non hardmode mission to farm materials as the game just sits on a black screen untill i force quit when a normal mission is about to start loading in... or cuz im low lvl if i die in hard mode it bugs out and i have to abort mission losing every thing i picked up... so other than not being able to play normally now yeah great patch...

Edited by Carneh