Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 9: Vor's Revenge

[DE]Rebecca

FInally the dojo price drop :)

Also my impressions so far ...

Positive

- New content (weapons, frame, galleon tiles, ....)

- Dojo prizes scales with clan size

- New void mission types

- Nightmare mode !!!

- New boss is very interesting

Not so good:

1) Lack of information on the solar system ui: (i'm expecting this to just be unfinished)

- name of the resources vs just the image ... i have a very bad memory and have to ask my friends constantly what resource it is

- having to check the chat to see if someone joined your lobby since there's no visual update for this

- and then having to ask what aura they have since you can't see that either

- no representation of which mission someone clicked on

2) Having to take off and replace the aura module every time you change a frame, which 90% of the time of course you forget to do. I have this problem with all highly upgraded modules though. The ability to save loadouts where it just takes the necessary modules from other frames automatically when loading a loadout would be by far the best thing ever for me. 

3) Suddenly too high drop rate for morphics and controle modules? I got 9 controle modules in the first mission i played today. That's enough to last me for almost a month in 15 minutes of playing. On average it's lower than that but still 4 or 5 controle modules every mission. In an hour i have enough probably to last forever.

And ... forgot to check the lore, but i'm sure i would've put that under positive ^^

Great work, devs and everyone!

But I have some grievances - the iterations to improve the UI have made progress, but need some more iteration still. Our small clan discussed the changes over most of our morning today, and I'll now try to shed some light on the biggest problems we had.

Aura mod system, teamwork: We lost the ability to coordinate amongst our team. Before we knew what mods we had equipped, and depending on mission could offer council to each other on which Artefacts to equip or change. Now coordination is much more complicated.

Aura mod system, UX: We gained precise values for how these affect our stats, but since the Aura Mods are part of the Warframe configuration screen, they are now lost amidst the regular Warframe mods. It is currently difficult to recognize which mods are Aura/general mods, since there's no filtering, and the already long, paged list of Mods is quite slow to use. It takes longer to switch an Aura mod than it did with Artefacts, so now it feels like we don't have time or can't bother to customize the Auras per mission parameters.

Mission select, teamwork: Previously, when a single Tenno voted on a mission, the three remaining could zoom out and view where the vote was cast by observing the "ping" visual originating from any mission/planet with a vote going on in it. Currently it seems the other three Tenno can't see this location, and it becomes unclear what the vote is going out for, and where. It becomes a voice-chat or typing exercise, and gives ground for much confusion.

Mission select, aesthetics: Our resident artist type said the planet labels in the zoomed-out view are helpful, but he'd like to be able to toggle them off once in a while, because they seemed to deter from the view aesthetics for him. This wasn't a shared view, and I doubt it's a big priority, but thought to add it here for a complete report.

There's still lots to chew through, though, so I may update these views in a separate suggestions post later.

You made us immense amounts of new content and form, with much more to enjoy and lots of improvements, and for that you have all our thanks (and again a bit more of our money, too!).

Nightmare mode should be able to be turned off imho, especially on the first planets. It's getting really difficult for new players to level. And yes I know that the nightmare missions are marked by the skull emblem, but a new player has to do those missions in order to unlock the next missions. I think the nightmare mode is a great idea for making the game a bit more challenging for high level players, but for the mode to be forced upon new low level players is a bit too much. The easiest solution would be an option to turn it off. That way the high-lvl players will be able to get more challenge and enjoyment from the game and the new players will be able to learn the game and level until they themselves are ready for nightmare mode. Just my two cents on the subject :)

I'm a bit annoyed that a room me and 5 friends had in construction auto started the build that we had 15 forma in that is now lost and considering it only cost 1 now it should have cancelled the build so we got all the resources we spent ages getting back, we were 91% complete on the oracle room and 60% complete on a cross connector... all these resources could have been returned not lost...

Great work, devs and everyone!

But I have some grievances - the iterations to improve the UI have made progress, but need some more iteration still. Our small clan discussed the changes over most of our morning today, and I'll now try to shed some light on the biggest problems we had.

Aura mod system, teamwork: We lost the ability to coordinate amongst our team. Before we knew what mods we had equipped, and depending on mission could offer council to each other on which Artefacts to equip or change. Now coordination is much more complicated.

Aura mod system, UX: We gained precise values for how these affect our stats, but since the Aura Mods are part of the Warframe configuration screen, they are now lost amidst the regular Warframe mods. It is currently difficult to recognize which mods are Aura/general mods, since there's no filtering, and the already long, paged list of Mods is quite slow to use. It takes longer to switch an Aura mod than it did with Artefacts, so now it feels like we don't have time or can't bother to customize the Auras per mission parameters.

Mission select, teamwork: Previously, when a single Tenno voted on a mission, the three remaining could zoom out and view where the vote was cast by observing the "ping" visual originating from any mission/planet with a vote going on in it. Currently it seems the other three Tenno can't see this location, and it becomes unclear what the vote is going out for, and where. It becomes a voice-chat or typing exercise, and gives ground for much confusion.

Mission select, aesthetics: Our resident artist type said the planet labels in the zoomed-out view are helpful, but he'd like to be able to toggle them off once in a while, because they seemed to deter from the view aesthetics for him. This wasn't a shared view, and I doubt it's a big priority, but thought to add it here for a complete report.

There's still lots to chew through, though, so I may update these views in a separate suggestions post later.

You made us immense amounts of new content and form, with much more to enjoy and lots of improvements, and for that you have all our thanks (and again a bit more of our money, too!).

Exactly my grievances too..

The new UI is a lot LESS intuitive... pleease resume the color coding of already visited missions.

Also: Buyable Resources, really?

BUT:

Nova is wonderful.

Vor has been seriously buffed! I can't solo him anymore let alone other planets! I have a rank 22 Excalibur and now it's virtually impossible for me to solo!

I've heard many similar complaints from lower level players as well actually. I can't comment on it since after 200+ playtime hours, even with unranked weapons, i can beat low difficulty missions and bosses solo simply thanks to my experience. That said i do remember having trouble with them months ago when i started playing for the first time. Higher level bosses definitely needed a buff, but the 3 first planets/moons/whatever actually were quite challenging already. Basic weapons, basic warframe, only very limited advantage from the few low level mods you've gotten by that point, no sentinel, very little experience or even knowledge about combat moves and movement tricks ... It's easy to forget that it wasn't always this easy.

Edited by CWSilk

Vor was Level45 for me (level30 rhino). Boss Level seems to scale with Frame Level now, which is good. Looking forward to the Level 70-80 Phorid once he's overhauled.

In other news, Stalker was going for me for Sargas Ruk the third time, eventhough I didn't kill Sargas Ruk since ages and killed Vor a few minutes before / Nef Anyo a few days ago.

Also, I did a mission on Europa, got out with 4 Control Modules, 5 Morphics and no Rubedo. Never had a single common drop except for polymer bundles on Mercury today. Also, Jupiter's Alert on Amalthea was dropping Circuits and Neural Sensors (200 and 6) like mad, but again, the common ressource didn't drop at all.

Is this a bug or intended? Rare Ressources get Common and Common ones get Rare?

Good patch overall, keep up the good work, but here are some complaints:

Mags first skill (Pull) not updated to include Grappling Hook (like in live stream)

New UI has to be improved (color the completed missions like in old one for example)

A choice to do normal or nightmare mode

Auras, simply I don't like the idea of encumbering my mod capacity even more, without potatoes it would be even worse

Not able to see Auras of squad (like old Artifacts, so I don't know to which one to change dependent of team) / numbers of players in squad (without chat) / which mission players from squad selected