The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mechanic Concept] Awakening Mode {Channeling and Focus System Combined into One} THANKS FOR MY 4TH PRIME TIME RECOGNIZED FAN CONCEPT

FoxFX

On 5/14/2017 at 10:13 PM, Feuershark said:

I support this because, the focus system doesn't looks like an OP mod, except for the energy regeneration of the Zenurik focus ...

I hope this idea can make all Focus Trees viable.

Besides, Should Awakening make it into the game

It then could be used in Archwing.(as of now we are unable to utilise the benefits of Focus system in space (which i sometimes find painful))

Edited by Drejzer

On 5/24/2017 at 6:38 AM, Drejzer said:

Besides, Should Awakening make it into the game

It then could be used in Archwing.(as of now we are unable to utilise the benefits of Focus system in space (which i sometimes find painful))

I believe there is room for the Awakening Mode to work into Archwing. I will write up a chapter on the subject.

I just noticed:  supposedly if you Channel just before enemy hits with his/her melee when you are blocking opens them to a counter (Personally never managed to do this, probably because of my hardware or reaction. Or because of bugs). So i guess that parrying should be moved to something else(maybe reload/interact while blocking?)
Also, Awakening could add Auto-countering(without having to specifically time it) to its basic features(maybe with a few charges per awakening?) (Since we are going into DT Awakening mode we might as well be able to do it then, since it's restricted

On aside note: Awakening could be another addition to FashionFrame (for example custom particle effects during Awakening mode, like small electric discharges or flames or Void energy flows similar to those that represent the Void in starmap or Ash's smoke etc...) 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I just noticed That I might miss my Perma-Invis Nekros. Just a liitle bit.

Edit: I made a thread with "some" ideas for improving melee, in which i used this concept thread ( mentioned and linked it instead writing a paragraph in which i would describe it)
I hope you don't mind.

Here is the link should you be interested:

Edited by Drejzer

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2017 at 5:51 PM, Drejzer said:

I just noticed:  supposedly if you Channel just before enemy hits with his/her melee when you are blocking opens them to a counter (Personally never managed to do this, probably because of my hardware or reaction. Or because of bugs). So i guess that parrying should be moved to something else(maybe reload/interact while blocking?)
Also, Awakening could add Auto-countering(without having to specifically time it) to its basic features(maybe with a few charges per awakening?) (Since we are going into DT Awakening mode we might as well be able to do it then, since it's restricted

On aside note: Awakening could be another addition to FashionFrame (for example custom particle effects during Awakening mode, like small electric discharges or flames or Void energy flows similar to those that represent the Void in starmap or Ash's smoke etc...) 

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I just noticed That I might miss my Perma-Invis Nekros. Just a liitle bit.

Edit: I made a thread with "some" ideas for improving melee, in which i used this concept thread ( mentioned and linked it instead writing a paragraph in which i would describe it)
I hope you don't mind.

Reveal hidden contents

Here is the link should you be interested:

I didn't mind at all. I'm glad you referenced and looked up my work.

Sorry it took long to reply. Due to illness I have been a bit less active in my work and I still require some time to work on a concept for the PVE-Dark Sector.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Drejzer said:

After trying the dual-wield, I think that Awakening could work normally.

Indeed. There has been some players that have been wishing for the Dual-Wield Gun+Glaive Style to have the ability for Channeling. This Awakening Mode concept was carefully thought up to match well with Warframe's gameplay and controls.

I remember DE mention back in devstream that they are looking for posibility to use R key for which is currently use for reload and repurpose it for melee heavy attack. That opens up to large melee combo posiblities compare to current melee system (nobody gonna combo with that "code morse typing" esque). If that happening, could you see the posibility awakening state may cause melee to activate slightly different combo stance like in GOW 2 where when Kratos in Titan rage mode, his blade of chaos execute much more devastating combo. (Forgive me grammar nazis)

5 hours ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

I remember DE mention back in devstream that they are looking for posibility to use R key for which is currently use for reload and repurpose it for melee heavy attack. That opens up to large melee combo posiblities compare to current melee system (nobody gonna combo with that "code morse typing" esque). If that happening, could you see the posibility awakening state may cause melee to activate slightly different combo stance like in GOW 2 where when Kratos in Titan rage mode, his blade of chaos execute much more devastating combo. (Forgive me grammar nazis)

While I haven't played GOW s, I do see the Reload button in Awakening Mode a highly possible opportunity to be utilized when players switch to Melee Formation.

Thx for reply FoxFX. If this really happening and your idea adopted into game. I can imagine just how awesome it will be. imagine something like this

for example

[Blind Justice] on Nikana Prime

E + E + R + R  =

[Normal] Zatos Creed - Unsheathing Right Slash > Left Slash > 2 x Half-moon Slash > Ground Impale

[Awaken] Zatos Wrath Radiant Unsheathing Right Slash > Left Cleave > 2 x Eclipse Slash > Seismic Ground Impale

Hold RMB + R + E + E + R =

[Normal] Guiding Light  - Ground Impale > Forward Slash > Uppercut Slash > Ground Impale

[Awaken] Blinding Light - Tectonic Fracture Ground Impale > Forward Spinning Slash > 2 x Mid-air Uppercut Slash > Seismic Ground Impale

R + E + R + R =

[Normal] Heeding Call - Uppercut Slash > 2 x Half-moon Slash > Uppercut Slash > Heavy Ground Slam

[Awaken] Haste Call - 2 x Mid-air Uppercut Slash > 2 x Eclipse Slash > 2 x Mid-air Uppercut Slash > Eruption Ground Slam

Hold RMB + R + R + R + R =

[Normal] Heeding Call - Ground Impale > Ground Impale > Ground Impale > Heavy Ground Slam

[Awaken] Haste Call - Tectonic Fracture Ground Impale > Tectonic Fracture Ground Impale > Tectonic Fracture Ground Impale > Eruption Ground Slam

{Special in Awakening State Only}

Hold RMB + Hold R

[Awaken] Vengeful Flame - Arial Burning (Something like a fire ring that burn around impaled ground area constantly until player either release it or Awakening meter drains out)

(Whilst mid-air) Hold RMB + Hold E or Hold RMB + Hold E

[Awaken] Bleeding Edge - Multiple Eclipse Slash (Spins constantly until player touch ground if activate whilst in mid-air, release it or Awakening meter drains out)

Could you image how beautiful is that and each stance has it own Special Awakening-Only moveset 

Well if fun to speculate

Like some of Dante's moves are amplified while in DT?
(I think that Ifirt or Gilgamesh had those..., but I'm not sure...)

True, it would be nice, but before that I'd like to see all Stances with at LEAST three additional Combos (and not ONE or two as we have now)

With the reveal of the Tennocon and their plans for the Operator Mode, it seems this Fan Concept of the Awakening Mode can still work with it. The main objective for this concept was specifically to alter how the Focus/Channeling system works in relation to the Warframes.

I am still considering bringing this concept over to the Feedback Section.

ARCHWING AND THE AWAKENING MODE

1_qdeiga3W.png

The time is going to come when we the players will have the option of doing battle against the Sentient via Archwing Combat. It is important to note that Archwing as it is does not allow the usage of Operator Mode, and in some situations (though rarely) there has to be some additional way to handle the Sentient Damage Reduction gimmick. With the Awakening Mode as the combination of Channeling and Focus, it would be a great opportunity to make the Awakening Mode mechanic be a way to handle such situations.

As it is now, Channeling in Archwing has little to no purpose gameplay-wise. The Awakening Mode can be the difference maker, or there could be other alternatives to consider.

5 hours ago, LordotimeX said:

Great idea! I hate melee channeling in its current form and the focus ability seems useless now.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I am working on another chapter to talk more on how this idea would allow channeling while in Gun+Glaive Formation..

Here is a link to an Event Fan Concept I will be posting very soon.

I want to create a new Corpus Character that would legitimately be more wicked than the Corpus Characters we have now. The Corpus are always portrayed to be a cult of immense greed but we haven't seen an act a Corpus would make that would be considered downright out of line recently.

I will also get a visual to prepare for the next chapter of this Awakening Mode to talk on how it would support Channeling with Gun+Glaive.

I actually forgot about channeling in Archwing! Preposterous! :stalker:

But it is true that with :sentient:Eidolons:sentient: on the way being able to mitigate their ( most likely absurd and ridiculous and over the top and exagerated) resistances...
Awakening Mode could either convert a part(between 1% and 5%?) of the damage of the weapons to Void damage (or whatever Operator damage is called) or simply add a bit of this damage type as one of the perks...

On another hand I'm still waiting for Sentient Archwing and Infested Archwing missions...

On 7/14/2017 at 0:01 PM, Drejzer said:

I actually forgot about channeling in Archwing! Preposterous! :stalker:

But it is true that with :sentient:Eidolons:sentient: on the way being able to mitigate their ( most likely absurd and ridiculous and over the top and exagerated) resistances...
Awakening Mode could either convert a part(between 1% and 5%?) of the damage of the weapons to Void damage (or whatever Operator damage is called) or simply add a bit of this damage type as one of the perks...

On another hand I'm still waiting for Sentient Archwing and Infested Archwing missions...

I am certain a Sentient Archwing is possible, and other than the J-3 Golem there is bound to be some Infested Missions.

You know, I just thought that It could open a whole new branch of Cosmetics!
Awakening could add a sort pf "aura" around the frame!

Something similar to Ash's smoke effects or Volt's electric particles... 
(Or something like Super Saiyan, or first DMC's DT or Nero's form DMC4 when not attacking)
(Have I posted about it before?)