The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mechanic Concept] Awakening Mode {Channeling and Focus System Combined into One} THANKS FOR MY 4TH PRIME TIME RECOGNIZED FAN CONCEPT

FoxFX

On 7/19/2017 at 8:04 AM, Drejzer said:

You know, I just thought that It could open a whole new branch of Cosmetics!
Awakening could add a sort pf "aura" around the frame!

Something similar to Ash's smoke effects or Volt's electric particles... 
(Or something like Super Saiyan, or first DMC's DT or Nero's form DMC4 when not attacking)
(Have I posted about it before?)   

Indeed. This concept would open to more opportunities for cosmetics that have some unique visual effects when Channeling like the Prime Access Cosmetic Armors.

Time is coming soon to bring this idea over as a Feedback Thread. There happens to be a lot of focus on how the Focus System will alter the Operator Mode, while there is room to improve how the Focus affects Warframe Mode.

{WIP} 2ND OPTION FOR CHANNELING MODS IN AWAKENING: TURNING THEM INTO WARFRAME MODS

For a long time, I have been contemplating on the idea of turning the current Channeling Mods we have from Melee Mods into Warframe Mods. This would make the Channeling Mods play out as Exilus-Type Mods that take effect when a Warframe enters the Awakening State. This could bring up a new set of possible Warframe builds and varieties. I'd like to show my sample interpretation as to how these Channeling Mods would change if turned into Warframe Mods. These Warframe Channeling/Awakening Mods would affect whichever Warframe Weapon the Warframe wields and (debatable) Warframe Powers:

TRUE PUNISHMENT {WARFRAME-VARIANT}

• +Critical Chance in Awakening

FOCUSED DEFENSE {WARFRAME-VARIANT}

• +Armor in Awakening

KILLING BLOW {WARFRAME-VARIANT}

• +Damage in Awakening

LIFE STRIKE {WARFRAME-VARIANT}

• +Life Steal in Awakening

QUICKENING {WARFRAME-VARIANT}

• +Sprint Speed in Awakening

FOCUS ENERGY {WARFRAME-VARIANT}

• +Energy Regeneration & +Damage in Awakening

CORRUPTED CHARGE {WARFRAME-VARIANT}

• +Damage and -Casting Speed in Awakening

ENDURING AFFLICTION {WARFRAME-VARIANT}

• +Status Duration in Awakening

ENDURING STRIKE {WARFRAME-VARIANT}

• +Status Chance in Awakening

REFLEX COIL {WARFRAME-VARIANT}

• +Parkour/Dodge in Awakening

12 hours ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

Would it be a good idea if Eximus Units drops transference orb that will boost your awakening meter or simply killing them automatically boost your awakening meter.

I believe it would be a firmly strong idea to have Eximus Units drop Transference. This of course would all depend on the communities outlook on this.

Just now, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

no with the relics . in fissure missions

I believe it would balance out. Remember that this Awakening Mode will act as a temporary boost in the Warframe's strength just like how Void Corruption in Fissures play out.

Drejzer's idea for the Channeling Corruption buff could also work too:

12 hours ago, Drejzer said:

It could increase generation ratio of Transference, or give something like 1 energy per kill or something?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think that melee channel efficiency should be on naramon....and that Zenurik should have a toggled power efficiency. Particularly because naramon really seems to be the melee focused tree where as zenurik is (still) the energy focused tree.

I almost wish they would have seen your thread and looked at it in detail...especially IF they ever plan on reworking melee channeling.

This idea is still feasible because now we no longer got that Press and Hold 5 skill, Hence replace it with awakening mechanic instead when Press and Hold 5 is initiated and it will consume your transference gauge in the way of "Overclocking" the frame sort of.

On 10/26/2017 at 8:26 AM, 3NVY5W0RD said:

This idea is still feasible because now we no longer got that Press and Hold 5 skill, Hence replace it with awakening mechanic instead when Press and Hold 5 is initiated and it will consume your transference gauge in the way of "Overclocking" the frame sort of.

I took a lot of consideration in whatever changes [DE] would made with this concept. To me, the idea is kinda modular in that the execution can be viable.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:27 PM, Kalvorax said:

I think that melee channel efficiency should be on naramon....and that Zenurik should have a toggled power efficiency. Particularly because naramon really seems to be the melee focused tree where as zenurik is (still) the energy focused tree.

I almost wish they would have seen your thread and looked at it in detail...especially IF they ever plan on reworking melee channeling.

They as in the community or [DE]?

4 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

[DE]

Well, it surprisingly managed to be recognized in Prime Time. I guess if this specific idea were to be even recognized more, it would take a large part of the community to see this.

At the onset, I came across another reddit article HERE ON USING THE FOCUS GAUGE FOR CHANNELING

Quite an interesting read which was kinda what I was previously aiming for before I made this concept.

Hmm... The Awakening could drain from Operator's energy pool (It would even make sense, as instead of jumping into the battlefield the Tenno boosts the frame...) and it could be a way to utilise the otherwise completely unused combat potential (let's be honest, when would we even use Operator mode besides Sentients? And Stalker (but he kinda Is a Sentient at this point... ... part Sentient? ... ... closely related gameplay(and kinda lore)-wise to the Sentients. And, as we all know, there is no such thing as being able to deal too much damage. (ALIBS(At Least I Believe So))
Though they could do something about the lacking stances (ie Rare stance with 2 combos (including the default spam-E one))...
(on the topic of combos, I'd love to propose Absolver's combo system, but I know it most likely wouldn't work in Warframe (due to the pacing & the amount of enemies we're facing) however nice it may sound...)

• 2 weeks later...

I am relatively fascinated at how far this specific concept went.

I hope the ideas I presented in this concept could inspire some ideas for Melee Channeling.

As for the Focus System, I feel that it may stay as it currently is for now.