Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few suggestions about launchers

FelanGrey

The biggest problem of all launchers is self-damage, thats why Tonkor was so popular. In the mission you run and don't want to loose time in searching right place to shoot enemy and with weapon that deals self-damage you often kill self with one shoot. It isn't funny at all. After Tonkor nerf new popular launcher would be Penta with Tether Grenades  that remove self-damage (hope it not a defect like with Assimilate on Nyx).

So, I suggest:

-To make some mod/mods that would remoove self-damage for launchers.
-Deal knockdown instead of self-damage.
-Deal much less damage to owner.

Thanks for reading my topic, hope this would help to make launchers more interesting for all.

I find it funny how this suggestions and complains spread that quick only AFTER there favorite broken weapon got nerfed.

Same for Nyx augment, it never was ment to ignore friendly fire but people tooked it as official change.

Where was the demand for self damge recution on Penta or Ogris?

Or a option for Nyx Absorb overall ignoring friendly fire? Why only on the Augment?

As much i am in for oyur suggestions, but they had it coming after all the abuse of broken stuff like this.

Overuseing things only makes them end up nerfing it. Draco anyone? Peoples own fault.

1. No - that would return things to the status quo

2. No - its not eonugh of a penalty for being idiotic when firing one

3. No - see point 1.

Ultimately the point of this is to make launchers more situational and not just a one size fit all weapon. Everything you're suggesting is pandering to the incompetent who can't manage playing the game without some manner of an exploitative crutch to lean on. I have little concern or mercy for these fellow, if they refuse to play the game properly and continue to ruin the game experience for the people with whom they play, them I support any decision to nerf any and all AoE weapons.

Edited by Ryunokage

5 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I find it funny how this suggestions and complains spread that quick only AFTER there favorite broken weapon got nerfed.

Same for Nyx augment, it never was ment to ignore friendly fire but people tooked it as official change.

Where was the demand for self damge recution on Penta or Ogris?

Or a option for Nyx Absorb overall ignoring friendly fire? Why only on the Augment?

As much i am in for oyur suggestions, but they had it coming after all the abuse of broken stuff like this.

Overuseing things only makes them end up nerfing it. Draco anyone? Peoples own fault.

This argument was here much before the balance pass.

A good amount of people hate the self damage mechanics because they are executed badly.

Just read throught the zarr discussion here, where people argue about that it should be removed or not.

6 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

This argument was here much before the balance pass.

A good amount of people hate the self damage mechanics because they are executed badly.

Just read throught the zarr discussion here, where people argue about that it should be removed or not.

Main problem is on the Zarr the selfdagme is less painfull witha technicly better weapon then a Ogris.

Even then, discussions only started with "good" weapons like the Zarr, i am aware people complained in before but it seems just even more if there favorite weapon gets rebalanced.

I hate it aswell but we do not need several of the same threads about the same thing again, thats what i mean when tehy spread so quickly now.

3 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Main problem is on the Zarr the selfdagme is less painfull witha technicly better weapon then a Ogris.

Even then, discussions only started with "good" weapons like the Zarr, i am aware people complained in before but it seems just even more if there favorite weapon gets rebalanced.

I hate it aswell but we do not need several of the same threads about the same thing again, thats what i mean when tehy spread so quickly now.

"the ghosts of mirage and simulor threads lurk around the corner"

Ofcourse they spread rapidly, many people hated the self damage system and now they added another weapon into it. Be prepared to see them, because people are angry and after this be prepared to see threads like "nerf the new meta!".

This is the way this forum works.

44 minutes ago, Ryunokage said:

1. No - that would return things to the status quo

2. No - its not eonugh of a penalty for being idiotic when firing one

3. No - see point 1.

Ultimately the point of this is to make launchers more situational and not just a one size fit all weapon. Everything you're suggesting is pandering to the incompetent who can't manage playing the game without some manner of an exploitative crutch to lean on. I have little concern or mercy for these fellow, if they refuse to play the game properly and continue to ruin the game experience for the people with whom they play, them I support any decision to nerf any and all AoE weapons.

So, if self-damage is such a good game mechanics, why I don't see many players that like it and other launchers in the top using?
I agree that AoE weapons should have some penalties, but it shouldn't kill yourself by one-shot.

That why a paste this topic.

1 - you should use 1 mod slot, so weapon would deal less damage to enemies, but you'll be safe.

2,3 - are those penalties that make launchers more situational, but you can make more than 1 mistake.

Edited by FelanGrey

11 hours ago, FelanGrey said:

So, if self-damage is such a good game mechanics, why I don't see many players that like it and other launchers in the top using?
I agree that AoE weapons should have some penalties, but it shouldn't kill yourself by one-shot.

That why a paste this topic.

1 - you should use 1 mod slot, so weapon would deal less damage to enemies, but you'll be safe.

2,3 - are those penalties that make launchers more situational, but you can make more than 1 mistake.

and what stops the launcher meta from coming?

self damage