Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura Slot Polarity?

Uboros

So our new Auras can only be place in the Aura slot, they each have different polarities so unless you want to spend double points or use a forma you cant use the Auras we have had all game? I like everything about these other than the Aura slot having a polarity, thats very restrictive considering there is only one per warframe. Hope this is changed soon, til then farewell my awesome Energy Siphon :(

I'm not loving this new system at all.

Now I have to forma a aura slot just to use energy siphon with my old build and possibly forma another slot so I can have my high vitality again. I kind of don't like what they did.

I also don't like the look of how Energy Siphon levels so far. So at max I get +0.6 energy? I'm kind of twitching at the downgrade.

aren't the polarity of the aura slots based on the frame you use? O.O

Friends confirmed it. Frames have different Polarities. Mag uses a V. Energy Siphon is a --

Artifacts/Auras shouldnt be used based on the warframe you use, you should be able to choose what suits your playstyle.

The way mods are is fine because yes there are polarity slots you dont want but there are also plenty of them to choose to use(slots that is). There is only 1 aura slot and the fact that you have to match an aura to it in order to use it means you cant even use one you want you have to use whatever matches your warframe. Basically the way it is now its not even a choice unless you forma it but being forced to forma just to have access to part of the warframe seems a little ridiculous.

I also don't like the look of how Energy Siphon levels so far. So at max I get +0.6 energy? I'm kind of twitching at the downgrade.

It says Power Rate, im not sure what that is but im guessing it isnt just .6 energy.

I'm going on the official record here...

I DO NOT WANT MY ARTIFACTS POLARIZED!

NO!

BAD DEVELOPER! BAD!

Whoever suggested it is a sadist. 

I have NO wish to be forced to burn a forma and then re-rank my warframe just to clear the polarity of this damned 'aura slot'!

I know for a FACT I'm not alone on this issue. 

So our new Auras can only be place in the Aura slot, they each have different polarities so unless you want to spend double points or use a forma you cant use the Auras we have had all game? I like everything about these other than the Aura slot having a polarity, thats very restrictive considering there is only one per warframe. Hope this is changed soon, til then farewell my awesome Energy Siphon :(

Your very last sentence perfectly encapsulates why this change was done. We are now forced to utilise more than just Energy Siphon on four players, and unleash ult after ult after ult. While the entire execution isn't flawless, I'm pleased to see us being nerfed slightly in this fashion and force us to actually play the game in varying styles. We were disgustingly overpowered before, and Energy Siphon was the main cause.

I do agree that we should be offered more variety in slots to meet our personal playstyle choices, though. That's important for the whole "customise with mods" idea. But I think this change was necessary for the game.

Edited by MangoMonkey

Your very last sentence perfectly encapsulates why this change was done. We are now forced to utilise more than just Energy Siphon on four players, and unleash ult after ult after ult. While the entire execution isn't flawless, I'm pleased to see us being nerfed slightly in this fashion and force us to actually play the game in varying styles. We were disgustingly overpowered before, and Energy Siphon was the main cause.

I do agree that we should be offered more variety in slots to meet our personal playstyle choices, though. That's important for the whole "customise with mods" idea. But I think this change was necessary for the game.

The reason energy siphon was always used is because its the only one that makes sense in end game situations. Specially in something like a defense mission. Eventually you will run out of ammo and your guns wont do much damage to them anyway, the only thing you can count on is using everyones abilities to control the situation and wear them down. But besides that its because we dont have a choice in what auras we can use unless we forma that im not happy with this setup. If they feel like they need to nerf energy siphon then thats fine, but dont make it so i cant even use it.

Edited by Uboros

If that was the only cause, they could have changed energy syphon instead the whole system.

I should add that I approve of the nerfing of energy siphon (by decreasing the amount of energy regen), and the buffing of other auras (a lot, from the sound of it). This is the correct way to encourage diversity, by making them equal in quality. Forcing people to forma to use the aura they have selected from the new more balanced set is not.

We already had trouble enough slotting mods we already had.  Not enough slots, not enough mod points to really build a character the way you want.  Now they go and do this. 

Do you even play your own game, DE?