Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 9: Aura Slot? Angry?

Hogfather

I agree. A dedicated slot is confusing (hence the dialog window with the reminder) and pointless - the energy pool is shared.

It's not *pointless* per say. The point is to lock it into a polerized slot as opposed to a normal unpolerized mod slot. Which is at least half the problem with the new system. So I guess the *point* is make sure they are compleatly and thoroughly broken and unusable

One thing that is difficult about the mod slot, is if you want to polarize it, or your Warframe at all, the polarization menu is all messed up, so you don't know what slot you're polarizing and you have to guess. One of my clan mates was trying to polarize his aura slot, and the aura slot had the same polarization as one of the Warframe slots, and because he couldn't tell which one was which he accidentally polarized the Warframe one instead of the aura slot. Now he has to level up his Rhino twice and use two formas to get it to what he was trying to do. In summary, please line up the slots correctly so we can forma them without guessing and risking polarizing the wrong slot.

i don't like the aura polarity as is it right now.

i think it whould be better if all the aura have the same polarization.

so we can switch on the fly like the old system.

and with the nightmare mod its not a luxury to have a small buff in that regard.

They can stuff this aura idea where the sun dont shine. I bust my &#! to forma a frame and get all my mods maxed to where i want thim to get shafted by a fixed polarized aura slot and auras that use up my already planned useage od MOD points WTF so flipping angry

I'm not angry but but abit annnouyed, i forma'd my Vauban twice to get it where i wanted.. With artifact changes i have to forma a third time just to get back to where i was before nevermind increased in power or options. Seems as this will be trend for new features, way to get folks to forma more frames.

Everyone was using Energy Siphon. People are likely still trying to do the same, if you look at the complaints about the aura polarity slot.

That's becasue Energy Siphon was the only Artifact worth useing. Now it's the only Aura worth useing. But it's not even worth useing untill it's leveled, and then the mod cost is so high you can only afford to equip it on a Frame that's leveled so high itsealf that you don't really need it.

That's becasue Energy Siphon was the only Artifact worth useing. Now it's the only Aura worth useing. But it's not even worth useing untill it's leveled, and then the mod cost is so high you can only afford to equip it on a Frame that's leveled so high itsealf that you don't really need it.

The other artifacts were useful, just not as useful as ES. Players weren't saying 'I don't have ES, so I won't use an artifact at all.' But now that artifacts have been changed to auras, players have to think about what they really want and more importantly, how much it will cost them to give a passive effect to their team. 

I thoroughly dislike the new Aura system. This is a HUGE step backwards in features. I just spent a long time modding my warframe up so it's just the way I like it, only to have to gouge out points for this new slot? And what's up with the different polarities? Forcing people into using only 1 or 2 Aura mods is totally bogus. My Rhino has a slot that can only equip rifle amp or melee damage. I use neither while I'm playing. I pretty much use my Depair exclusively so now I can't use the new slot at all. I'm not going to nerf my frame so that others can have a gameplay advantage. It would at least help to have a pistol amp.

Make all the Aura slots have a new, common polarity and get rid of the mod point hit on the Warframe. And it would help to put them in a separate row of tiles at the bottom so we don't have to scroll through 20+ pages of mods looking for them. Right now there's no way of differentiating them from regular mods. A proposal for having the mods cost something: you can make it so that you can only level it up with the exact same mod, and make them a rare drop from a boss or something. This way you won't need the polarity slot for dividing the points, just for identifying the mods (or just use a tile with a corner cut off or some other visual cue, to eliminate confusion), and you can max it out at level 4 for example. At least go back to the old system until you come up with something better. I'm also an energy siphon junkie and this is just pitiful.

I've actually been getting tired of the monotony of this game (it's pretty much turned into resource farming, with no story, nothing to keep you invested in it), and was hoping that Update 9 would add something to make me want to keep playing. Sadly, other than some eye candy updates, it hasn't done that. Please fix this, fast!

Agree, this is a real big step backwards, and it is killing the possibilities of creating more different gameplay styles.

I dont stick to a single warframe, I use almost all of them from time to time. Potato and double forming all of my 14 warframes just to make it in line with pre-updated artifacts? And restricting myself from using other artifact-mods? Hell no. I'll just say good-bye to frames I used rarely (Excalibur, Banshee, Mag, Ash) to not use them at all. With Vauban it even more crazy, as he dont have enough power for needed mods even when formed 3-4 times.

Plus I have over 50 pages of warframe mods. Do I have to remember the names of all artifacts to search them with ease?

For now I dont use new artifact-mods at all. People from Steam told DE that trading "increase happiness"... Well, new artifact system is definitely not.

Edited by TargetDummy

I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that a fully leveled Energy Siphon Aura will only grant %60 the energy gain that the free to place Artifact did.

Because it doesn't. Fully leveled, ES aura is 20% stronger than the artifact version (0.6 vs. 0.5)

Honestly, since most of us players are being grandfathered in on the new Aura system, we should get some amount of choice on it.

Maybe a free, non-level-resetting Forma or two for our favorite Frames and then the Aura slots stay blank from the starting point? It wouldn't be overpowered but would give those of us who have had Artifact collections from way back something to make up for lost time?

Auras shouldn't have polarization of regular mods. They should just have a unique polarization like the sentinel abilities.

I'm not really liking the mod point consumption either. A lot of us made warframes with few to 0 points left, that function perfectly. Sure, polarization, but does it really have to be mandatory?

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Auras kill frame customization. You have to forma a frame so much to use maxed out mods that you get locked into a particular polarity configuration, which means you can't change your loadout much without putting in wrong polarity mods which eats up a ton of points. To use maxed mods and auras, it leaves you with maybe 1 non-polarized slot that you can use to change out your mods. I use aleast 2-3 different mods when doing speed runs/resource farming versus defense runs etc.

And one of the best things about artifacts was the ability to change them out easily to meet your situation at hand. Just forma your frame and rank 0 again without shields/health? Throw on rejuvenation so your health regenerates so your teammates don't have to rez you so much. Get a new weapon or forma an existing one? Throw on a scavenger so you can keep using that weapon during the mission since it will take a ton of bullets to kill enemies with an unranked weapon without mods. Etc Etc. Aura system kills that flexibility. 

Edited by weezedog

Yes, people not using search before making threads make me VERRRY ANGRRYYYYHHFSJFHF

And yes, aura is terrible and de should feel terrible.

And lol at people saying "hey, it was needed, energy siphon was OP" . Take a look at what auras can do now when maxed and staked and get back on that. Auras are 10 times more OP then artifacts, only 1000 times less convenient, fun and flexible.

Edited by Egioh

I am drastically disappointed in auras. I have a perfect Rhino build with no slots left, and you can be absolutely certain I will not use one more forma to gain half an energy per second. It was ridiculous in the first place to put polarities on Auras, and that promotes inflexibility. This is the WORST new concept I have ever seen in this game.

Edited by IceCreamSand