Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 9: Aura Slot? Angry?

Hogfather

A big Problem is that Artifacts only truly shined (shown?) on lower leveled gear. Honestly, by the time you've got a Frame leveled to the point that you can equip an Aura, you've already got a stack of mods on it that make the Aura redundant at best.

If you've already got Flow, Streamline, and Continuity on your Frame, you don't really need an Energy Siphone. But at Level 9 when you can't even fit all your Frame abilities on at the same time and you're casting the hell out of them all to figure out how they work, Energy Siphone is a Godsend.

With Serration, Multi Shot, and all four elements on a weapon you shoul;dn't have any problem killing things or running out of ammo. But with a brand new Gorgon, Rifle Scavenger or Rifle amp can make all the differance.

I dont aprove this aura system! 

In one livestream they said artifacts would  be converted to mods and get a new polarity...   i dont see a new polarity... i see the same old ones ...

... i dont know what De is thinking but this system is very ...very bad.... in my opinion... 

i stoped using auras, only used 2 anyway, energy siphon and enemy radar... 

before it was very easy and painless to change artifacts in the lobby,  now... its &(@#&&)_!(*@!*(_*!*(!@&!*@#_(!

I hope they change this ASP .... 

Just finished formatizing my saryn 6 times and only have one unpolarized slot available, after 3 weeks of tweeking this frame to find a best setup i can get,  i will not polarize my last availble mod slot for this new system, becouse it would break all the work i done in the last 3 weeks. 

... and also,  trying to find my Aura mods in 1000+ mod pool is... whatever!

thanks 4 for this DE, but no thanks! 

Very sad about aura siphons from warframe's pool. Well, i have one spare forma to increase capacity, but what if i'll change warframe? I must seek for another forma? For all of my other/future warframes? No way, it's too expensive/time wasting. I want to upgrade weapons too. This system forces me to stick to one overpowered frame too close.

And, by the way, it would be good to see other's aura in-game to know strong sides of your team.

Very sad about aura siphons from warframe's pool.

Hehehaha, Energy Siphon siphons warframe Energy now.

But seriously, this new system is pretty asinine. Completely redesign it, and in the meantime switch back to the old system asap so we don't get any people getting used to this rubbish.

yah pretty much makes me not want to play, instead of having to forma and start all my frames from 0 and get new rare mods to feed me to 30. most stupid update yet. its actually more fun to not click on warframe and just load one of the other 50 diff free to play games on steam.

sincerely - not happy

So I just started playing update 9 and am so far happy with most of the new things. Also kudos to the new UI and planet graphics DEVs! So far the only complaint I have is on the implementation of the Warframe Auras. I had been ready and accepting that they would now take warframe mod points. What annoys me is the that you (the DEVs) chose the slot for each warframe for us (the players). Bad move. It should have come in as an empty slot so we could choose any of the auras and see what works for the frames we play and how we have modded them. Now we are forced to forma the slot or suffer a penalty to mod space.

DEVs Please please please think about changing this

They should just remove the mod point cost for the auras and I'd be fine.

I am agree about this as well. Some people claimed that "OH hey stop whining!!! Now you can upgrade them!!! All you need to pay is just some mod slots~", BS, totally BS, remember the good old days when we can equip them ALL just for FREE??? Remember that with 3 or 4 Energy Siphon they are already more than enough? I do remember that, but guess what, now we have sacrifice some good builds in order to equip the artifacts or you just needa forma ur frames many many times. Seriously DE, I appreciated all the hard work you guys did in the past, but Artifact Update in Update9? No, I hate it, I am angry, we are a.ngry

The old aura system was better, almost everything got worse. I also expected a lot of balance changes to warframes, weapons and mods. So far I haven't seen any. This doesn't deserve to be called update 9.

Also the nightmare missions are just annoying, doesn't seem like you get any extra reward. Seems like the cryo failure now you have half your shields, enjoy! missions. And while the missions are in nightmare mode you can't run the normal version can you?

It's update 8.3.3.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Edited by Mikki79

This is by far the lamest update of them all.

Every other update brought at least a token effort in changing up the gameplay a bit and balance changes, right now we got nothing + a step back in the artifact/aura department making them even LESS useful than before.

Yea these new auro slots are a joke. / modpoints for a fully ranked aura? this is bullS#&$. if  i was a new player that had no access to a reactor i wouldn't even bother looking at it. Even as a far advanced palyer with lots of stuff and access to formas en mass i dont even wanna waste another one on that. Reduce the modcost count for those auras and give the aura slots all the same polarity.

Atm i cant freely select my aura/artifact liek im used to. before this patch i could switch from eneryg siphon to imfested impedience everytime i knew id play against infested. Now i would have to switch suits or forma the slot. Not to mention i need to forma not 1 but all the suits im using if i want to use an aura (since they are all at max modpoint usage atm).

So DEVs fix this pls! Eitehr give all aura slots the same polarity or decrese the modpointcost drastically. atm i wouldnt even bother with auras.

You turned them froma  enat feature into crap that i dont want to waste time on.

I'm not even mad about the costs, in fact I 100% support making them cost something. The issue now is that unpotatoed frames don't get much use out of these artifacts, meaning new players get shafted by this in combination with the up in early game difficulty. Perhaps your starting frame should start Potatoed, even if they have to take the starting platinum down to 30 or 25 to compensate.

I should qualify that, I know new players have access to potatoes technically, what I'm suggesting is that you take away the potential of making the mistake of spending their starting plat on something other than potatoes. Please, that will help alleviate a lot of the issues with this change.

Edited by TheHeraldXII

I thoroughly dislike the new Aura system. This is a HUGE step backwards in features. I just spent a long time modding my warframe up so it's just the way I like it, only to have to gouge out points for this new slot? And what's up with the different polarities? Forcing people into using only 1 or 2 Aura mods is totally bogus. My Rhino has a slot that can only equip rifle amp or melee damage. I use neither while I'm playing. I pretty much use my Depair exclusively so now I can't use the new slot at all. I'm not going to nerf my frame so that others can have a gameplay advantage. It would at least help to have a pistol amp.

Make all the Aura slots have a new, common polarity and get rid of the mod point hit on the Warframe. And it would help to put them in a separate row of tiles at the bottom so we don't have to scroll through 20+ pages of mods looking for them. Right now there's no way of differentiating them from regular mods. A proposal for having the mods cost something: you can make it so that you can only level it up with the exact same mod, and make them a rare drop from a boss or something. This way you won't need the polarity slot for dividing the points, just for identifying the mods (or just use a tile with a corner cut off or some other visual cue, to eliminate confusion), and you can max it out at level 4 for example. At least go back to the old system until you come up with something better. I'm also an energy siphon junkie and this is just pitiful.

I've actually been getting tired of the monotony of this game (it's pretty much turned into resource farming, with no story, nothing to keep you invested in it), and was hoping that Update 9 would add something to make me want to keep playing. Sadly, other than some eye candy updates, it hasn't done that. Please fix this, fast!

Edited by rca626

So we get another slot for artifacts which takes energy from frame's pool, but no extra energy!  And if I just wanna change artifact, or a Warframe, I have to rearrange all of my goddamn loadout. Brilliant! Another wall between me and fun.

I kinda get what DE tried to do - you have to plan with your mates what will you take and sacrifice some protection or speed for the team, but realisation is garbage! Also I don't want another tactical shooter!

Just give one slot, no energy, easy to replace. Not this goddamn micromanagement.

DE, Please. No polarized slots. I don't want to use Forma. It's useless for me. And on the other side, It's tiring and becoming lazy to re-level your Frame/Weapon. Please.JUST NOT THE AURA.

HOW ABOUT:
39676479.jpg

Edited by Ghost_Intel2

Imo the only problem was that they didn't add energy to make up for the added slot.  Think people should be able to choose the polarity of their warframe's aura when they first get it too.

Edited by Aggh

Imo the only problem was that they didn't add energy to make up for the added slot.  Think people should be able to choose the polarity of their warframe's aura when they first get it too.

Pretty much this. I think Auras are fine, just don't make them take up mod slots. 

I forma'd my Rhino 5 times and I have no room for this aura slot..... They need to add 5 mod capacity to all warframes or something because there just simply is NOT ENOUGH ROOM anymore....

Also- I think adding more mod slots would be a very bad idea.

We do not need to be able to do everything at once, it was fine the way it was in my opinion.

Edited by Ryald

Adding energy or changing polarities is no fix. They need to make them full fledged mods or make them gone. The mod system was going great before this. The frames just plain don't need this .

IMO artifacts should be outside of mods and equipment so new players and ones running with weak gear still benefit, with the cost provided by mastery rank.