Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BEAUTIFUL BRATON PRIME SOUND???

Omnimorph

Did anyone ask for this change?  

As I recall, nearly every single thread that's spoken about the Braton Prime has mentioned that one of the reasons people loved the gun was because of its sound.  

I understand that it's perhaps a bit more "realistic" now, but it's lost a lot of the character that made it "the Braton Prime".  It's no longer "bra-ta-ta-tat", but now "Pa-pa-pa-pa", a much softer and less characterful sound.

Please don't "fix" things that ain't broken.

Edited by Omnimorph

11 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

Please don't "fix" things that ain't broken.

I technically agree with you, but since the Braton Prime's sound effects weren't broken, it can't be considered a fix. It's what we call change.

Edited by JRMC

12 minutes ago, JRMC said:

I technically agree with you, but since the Braton Prime's sound effects weren't broken, it can't be considered a fix. It's what we call change.

Yeah, well change isn't always necessarily and inevitably a good thing, there can be changes for the worse, and this is one of them.

Just now, Omnimorph said:

Yeah, well change isn't always necessarily and inevitably a good thing, there can be changes for the worse, and this is one of them.

Does it halt your progress and enjoyment in any way? It's a frivolous change at best.

Just now, JRMC said:

Does it halt your progress and enjoyment in any way? It's a frivolous change at best.

It doesn't halt my progress, but it's given a minor bump to my enjoyment.  The Braton Prime was one of my favourite weapons, now less so.  #firstworldproblems and all that, but it's an annoyance.

On 25/03/2017 at 1:54 AM, JRMC said:

It does halt mine.

*Worm voice* I don't like it. Not one bit. Regular Braton's sound sucks too, IMHO.

If "realism" goes against fun, then I don't want realism. Realism between quotes because if it was really realist we'd all be deaf since ages. Old Braton (Prime) noise was fun, new one isn't. I used to shout "BRAAAA-TON-TON-TON-TON-TON" when using it with Vile Acceleration. Now... "What the heck is this dull S#&$?"

Gratz. Now I'll have to find something else to melt bosses's armor.

I got the same issue with the Hind BTW. I just heard a few Elite Lancers shooting in the last mission I played. I wanted to CRY. I also wanted to forma a Hind just because it sounded awesome, now I don't want anymore.

On 3/24/2017 at 8:54 PM, JRMC said:

This argument is used for almost anything subjective these days and contains a double statement and is subsequently a poor argument.  Progress should not be tied to enjoyment, and vice versa.  They are important components of one another.  I have not used a Braton Prime since the update but I've taken to the old Braton again because the devs took the time to update old weaponry and audio.  It looks awesome, even if it's absolute trash at killing anything past level 30 without putting in a bunch of Forma.  I stopped using the old Braton (non-prime) after the original audio that sounded more high tech (2013) was swapped for a more generic rifle sound.   

Edited by Medane

• 2 weeks later...