Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easy Fix To The New Aura Problem Introduced In U9

Torbin

Let me start with I love the game, I like Update 9 as a whole, and hate the new aura system.  It screws up builds I have spent many hours perfecting.

Solution - Simply move the aura slot from the warframe to the sentinel, on my current sentinel build I believe I've got 18 spare points, and see no reason to buff him up any more than that.  Give me plenty of room to adjust the auras to my liking (even with mis-matching polarity slots) without impeding the warframe builds I've spent so long (and so many formas) on.

Another idea, is make the slots blank, with no polarities what. I like how it cost mods points in a way so you can fully upgrade it and get a very powerful energy siphon in return, and can probably get 1 energy per a second. Also allowing you to forma your aura slot would be nice too. I also like your guys idea but in my opinion, the aura mod isn't that bad, it is just slightly costly for some others.

It was thought through and it's friggin clever. 

Think about it. If the polarity doesn't match what you want, you blow a forma to fix it, but since it uses your warframe mod slots, you have to use even more forma to make it fit with your build.

Since you're using forma to make it fit, you're forced to use only builds that fit with your polarities, thus forcing you to make another copy of your warframe and polarizing it to fit your other build.

I'm impressed.

Think about it. If the polarity doesn't match what you want, you blow a forma to fix it, but since it uses your warframe mod slots, you have to use even more forma to make it fit with your build.

Since you're using forma to make it fit, you're forced to use only builds that fit with your polarities, thus forcing you to make another copy of your warframe and polarizing it to fit your other build.

I'm impressed.

Or rather to just make people realize there are things other than Energy Siphon...

I hate the new aura stuff with a passion.  I mean, the idea of it being a mod is fine and dandy, but those frame points are valuable as hell, and balancing it out between normal mods and auras is just a pain.

I liked it better before.

Hell, Torbin's idea is even better than that!  An aura slot on the sentinel makes sentinels far more interesting as you can develop builds for your sentinel beyond the basics we already have.  After all, if your sentinel dies, you lose your aura... that, is cool.

Another idea, is make the slots blank, with no polarities what. I like how it cost mods points in a way so you can fully upgrade it and get a very powerful energy siphon in return, and can probably get 1 energy per a second. Also allowing you to forma your aura slot would be nice too. I also like your guys idea but in my opinion, the aura mod isn't that bad, it is just slightly costly for some others.

Energy Siphon maxes at +0.6 POWER RATE.  It doesn't specify, but let us assume this is per second.  Well, the old artifact system did 1 energy per 2 seconds, so this is a 0.2 improvement at max level... not really all that great.

Edited by Ithloniel

Another option that I wouldn't mind: Have unranked aura mod cost 0 mod slots. That way, the polarity won't be an issue if all someone wants is a low level energy siphon or other useful auras. People that used up all their mod slots can still fit in an aura, even if its return is much lower than a fully upgraded mod.

Pasted from another post of mine

I would much rather the aura system function the way the mod system does, but as a separate system with its own separate points, and no polarities by default. Overall, the idea is good, but it needs a lot of tweaking. Until then, R.I.P. Energy Siphon.

__

To elaborate, you gain points as you level, just like warframe points, but since it is only one aura at a time, you get maybe one aura point every couple levels or something. I don't know. Just take it off the mod point system, it's stupid... :/

I'm impressed.

Forcing people to grind out multiple copies of warframes just to enable different builds is not in any way a good change. The level of grind (even for people who pay money like I have, mind you) is pretty ridiculous already. I really do not like this change at all. If the aura polarities were set in more logical ways (i.e.: weapon dmg buffs share polarities, enemy debuffs shared polarities, etc.) I could see it but as it is they make the entire aura system too inflexible. Making me mess with my regular mod energy pool is also a real $&*^ move. I have spent a lot of credits and fused lots of mods to get a few frames to an optimum level of mods, and this change just went and forces me to change it all up. There's no easy way for me to scale back the levels of my mods just to accomodate this change. I am super frustrated right now.

Another crazy idea: We obviously need a cap on the artifact to keep them balanced. Why not use the mastery rank? Common Auras starts at 0 "artifact" points, Uncommon at 1, Rare at 2. Fully upgraded (I assume 5 levels) and you get 5, 6, and 7. So to equip a rare maxed out energy siphon, mastery 7 is needed. But a weaker one can be used as soon as mastery 2.

Agreed. I'd estimate that this upset around 95% of the community. Especially with the new mods (Which we love, by the way) being so many points. Constitution for instance. Totally worth the points, but we shouldn't lose something that was free for months and months now, especially after we've already started working on the Forma builds without the mods formerly known as artifacts counting against it.

I'm impressed.

Or it might result in you spending all the time on just a single frame, feeding Forma after Forma into it, and then never trying a different loadout (because your polarities forbid it), and never trying a different frame because you don't want to go through the same thing again...

Yeah, i already perfected my mod space with no free space, and now they took something that gave us a little bonus and made it so we would giver something up for it. Not cool DE not cool.

Aura system is only thing i don't like in this update.

This was probably the worst idea ever by DE.

I've seen good ideas since the introduction of auras/artifacts on how to make them more useful and interesting, all ignored for this piece of work.

One idea was

-make the Auras consumables (1/4/12 hours).

-up their drop-rate like any other mod (common/uncommon/rare)

-create a special aura space in the WF loadout screen that does not take from mod-points

-make it so multiple auras can be slotted at the same time (4? no stacking)

-sell aura-boosters in store

-profit

This would be far mor interesting.

Would it be OP without adjustments? yes, but that can be balanced by making the game significantly harder.

Now LVL1 frames can't slot artifacts/auras like before and always run at a disadvantage.

Previously, even if my team carried me because i did a forma on my frame, i could at the very least provide an artifact slot/stack and still be useful to the team.

You have excluded lower end frames from being useful to teams.

GG

Edited by DefconOrange

and whats going on with, health?

you can have an Insane amount of rifle damage, energy regen, health regen..

or 2% health?

sat next to your 300% health mod... why??

having to forma all my frames Artifact to - slot for energy siphon is going to suck.

Another crazy idea: We obviously need a cap on the artifact to keep them balanced. Why not use the mastery rank? Common Auras starts at 0 "artifact" points, Uncommon at 1, Rare at 2. Fully upgraded (I assume 5 levels) and you get 5, 6, and 7. So to equip a rare maxed out energy siphon, mastery 7 is needed. But a weaker one can be used as soon as mastery 2.

While I was reading several topics on this issue, I had the exact same thought.

I would actually also make it so people would see more benefit in leveling mastery, and that Means needing to level more weapons and frames, that equals more gameplay.

I know several people that got 1 frame and 1 set of weapons that that is all they use, and don't care about any of the other stuff, unless something else that they like more is released. This will make all the other options matter more.

What if I don't use a sentinel? Should I be forbidden from using an artifact as well just because of that?

I think the existing system isn't bad. Just need to get rid of pre-baked slot polarities, rehash the values on the mods, and make them have three ranks and 5 cost.

I like the sentinel for Auras...  if it dies, you loose it, keep your sentinel alive!

Um. No, I'd rather have it on my frame, thank you. Though I would not mind a slot on the Sentinel also. ;-)

Well don't get me wrong, I had sarcasm on full blast on my previous post.

Having it use warframe mod slots was a surefire way to boost forma sales (or hours of grinding voids for those forma bp's) to make certain builds fit. 

Since the only way to obtain additional warframe slots is via platinum.... seeing where I'm going with this yet?

Like I said, it's clever. Whoever came up with the idea has a bright future waiting for them on wall street. It's almost like that trenches comic strip talking about the sloths.

i-KxBxtZH.jpg

*singsong* somebody's been paying attentionnnnnn !

Aura mods using warframe slots, when before it didn't cost any. 

It's not often I tip my hat to evil genius.

smh

Edited by Jeraggerjack

Putting Auras on Sentinels is actually a really bad idea.

What are the problems with the current Aura system? Well, the most glaring one is that it totally alienates newer players. They can't afford the mod space, let alone the Forma for adjusting polarities. With a blueprint credit cost of 100,000 and the requisite of a Control Module, Sentinels are also out of a newer player's immediate reach.

What's more is, what about the players who don't like using Sentinels? Should everyone who plays a Loki be screwed out of an Aura mod just because Sentinels currently mess up their Invisibility?

No.

Keep the Aura on the Warframe. Just give them their own polarity, and leave the Aura slot unpolarized.

The worst part of the aura system is that they globbed it onto the mod system. If they were going to make them mod they should if they aren't ging to be mods don't put them in the mod system. It would be better to turn them all into sentinel mods (those thing aren't very interesting), but leaving the system as is would be a bad move as well. I'd much rather see them tied to mastery and be structured so they remain a benefit to new player and people running with low rank equipment