Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why there are so many weapons better at crit than snipers?

Rekkou

10 hours ago, (PS4)evoLic1ouSss said:

sniper has been in this game for yrs, im just saying.  why hast DE changed it, its not the 1st time ppl complain about sniper not being involved like some other weapon. i like snipers too, but this game just not the type of game for sniper, only 2 missions is for it spy/capture or boss, other missions usually a group of mobs comes at you. a melee weapon like galatine p does better job than sniper. 

i hated almost every update they did since u11, and every nerf they did. from novas mp, peace maker mesa, ash, mag greedy pull,...etc   and especially hated the  relic system, but just moved on and try to enjoy what de throws into this game.

People keep missing the point. It's pretty obvious that Snipers will have flaws, the problem is Sniper have flaws that Snipers are not supposed to have. There are difference in failing at something that isn't your role and failing at your own role. I'm not asking Snipers to be flawless or asking the missions and enemies to change just to fit Snipers. I'm asking for Snipers to work as Snipers. If it fails then it should fail for being Snipers instead of failing being Snipers.

And i will move on if the following 2 happens:

• It's proven to be absolutely hopeless : DE have shown that they are willing to revisit various aspects of the game. No suggestions are hopeless
  • People can proof that i'm mistaken : If people can argue why my suggestion is wrong, then i will move on.

So either prove that it's pointless or prove that i'm wrong. Saying "move on" or "deal with it" is just a lazy attempt to end discussion.

Just now, Rekkou said:

People keep missing the point. It's pretty obvious that Snipers will have flaws, the problem is Sniper have flaws that Snipers are not supposed to have. There are difference in failing at something that isn't your role and failing at your own role. I'm not asking Snipers to be flawless or asking the missions and enemies to change just to fit Snipers. I'm asking for Snipers to work as Snipers. If it fails then it should fail for being Snipers instead of failing being Snipers.

• It's proven to be absolutely hopeless : DE have shown that they are willing to revisit various aspects of the game. No suggestions are hopeless
  • People can proof that i'm mistaken : If people can argue why my suggestion is wrong, then i will move on.

So either prove that it's pointless or prove that i'm wrong. Saying "move on" or "deal with it" is just a lazy attempt to end discussion.

like reduce mobs hp? that means they have to reduce alot of other weapons for em not to be op if they reduce mobs hp. i wasnt being lazy, i was just telling you de will do what they feels like doing, void system was working perfect for vet players, but the relic system still launched it. to me they did it because they dont want to keep organizing the drop table, now all they have to do is throw in a new relic and we have to farm as everyone. before one key holder can host a whole team for prime drops.

sniper guns in this game just dont make any sense to me, sortie 3 sniper only is bs because no matter how much upgrade u put into the sniper gun,  it wont one shot sortie 3 mobs. believe me im not against this threads idea, its just...ive seen enough suggestion being turned down and they just do what they feels like.

6 hours ago, Rekkou said:

A sniper is supposed to be accurate, deal high enough damage to take out the most dangerous units, has high crit what is reiiable along with small magazine and long reload.

Currently we have long reload, small magazine, low unreliable crit, avarage damage and less accuracy than what you have on a rocket launcher.

I hope that they rework the snipers next time in borderlands style, where i could take out the targets in the horde in an effective, fast and reliable way.

to answer the original question : becuz crit automatic rifles r easy/lazy design =/

but yes, the sniper/bow/launcher categories should have the highest crits ingame without question, but along with drawbacks, ie ammo/flightspeed/firerate/selfharm/etc

1 hour ago, (PS4)evoLic1ouSss said:

-snip-

No, i already said that Snipers need reliability. If enemies already out scale the damage then it becomes scaling problem. Scaling problem isn't exclusive to Sniper and fixing scaling won't fix Sniper's problem of not having reliable damage.

If you are really here just to whine about relics. Then go and make your own thread. And you do realize that there are other players wanting the opposite of what you want. Any changes within warframes are always affected and caused by players in one way or another. Just because DE does not listens to what you want, never means they are just doing whatever they want. If you choose to be bystander that only moves on with warframe, it's your choice, but there will be other players whose actions and voices will shape warframe.

Just now, Rekkou said:

No, i already said that Snipers need reliability. If enemies already out scale the damage then it becomes scaling problem. Scaling problem isn't exclusive to Sniper and fixing scaling won't fix Sniper's problem of not having reliable damage.

If you are really here just to whine about relics. Then go and make your own thread. And you do realize that there are other players wanting the opposite of what you want. Any changes within warframes are always affected and caused by players in one way or another. Just because DE does not listens to what you want, never means they are just doing whatever they want. If you choose to be bystander that only moves on with warframe, it's your choice, but there will be other players whose actions and voices will shape warframe.

so, you know you are whining. good. as i already said i play warframe to enjoy.

8476f2ef36.jpg

848e8096e7.jpg

dont need to reply, as i said im done here,

1 minute ago, (PS4)evoLic1ouSss said:

-snip-

You might think i'm whining, but participating in warframe's development through feedback and even whining is part of the joy in warframe. And i'm doing what i can to improve my enjoyment. In many other games, i'm nothing but more statistics and profits, just like what you are here.

So let's see, you came into random thread, whine about nerfs and relics but you "enjoy" the game. And what are those screenshot supposed to mean? did you just try to prove your "enjoyment" by showing MR and Cosmetics? Why do you even have to watermark it? For someone who is just "enjoying" a game, it sure looks like you're trying too hard to prove yourself.

8 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

A sniper is supposed to be accurate, deal high enough damage to take out the most dangerous units, has high crit what is reiiable along with small magazine and long reload.

Currently we have long reload, small magazine, low unreliable crit, avarage damage and less accuracy than what you have on a rocket launcher.

I hope that they rework the snipers next time in borderlands style, where i could take out the targets in the horde in an effective, fast and reliable way.

Small magazine probably shouldn't even exist considering almost every assault rifle in warframe easily breaks the standard 30 magazine up to 200. If Snipers are balanced like other weapons, Rubico should have at least 10 magazine capacity, while Vulkar Wraith can have 20.