Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vengeful Revenant, War parts & the Sentients.

Darkstorm0X53

8 hours ago, Trissila said:

That's cute, you think 0.6% drop rates on rare and desirable mods is harsh.

Back in my day, we played Ragnarok Online, and EVERY card (the equivalent of Warframe's Mods) had a 0.0001% drop rate. Yes, one in ten-thousand.

Hello there you old Dinosaur!

you appear to have been living under a rock, i'm sorry to tell you but 2004 ended 13 years ago, That game is well and truly dead by today's standards.

or does your old Pentium 4 and Geforce 6800 distort your perception of time?, How's that old AGP port doing?, Oh wait that's right you wouldn't know they discontinued that obsolete hardware quite a few years ago now? Sucks to be you!

Hey? well i got news for ya it's 2017 and alot has changed in the 13 years you've been MIA, When your Dial-up connection loads this page again i'd be happy to tell you all about it :crylaugh:

But for now ill give you the Brief

Your day? as you call it is Done. That game is but a distant memory, at least 90% of today's gaming population will have not have even known of it's existence, there is more competition in the gaming industry now than ever before, and in an age where we have accustomed our children to instant gratification, very few will stick around for a 1/1000000 chance at an item or "0.0001%" drop rate, for anything.

but hey, if Warframe is too easy for ya, go back to your Dead game.

you OLD GOAT!

BAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Darkstorm0X53 said:

Hello there you old Dinosaur!

you appear to have been living under a rock, i'm sorry to tell you but 2004 ended 13 years ago, That game is well and truly dead by today's standards.

or does your old Pentium 4 and Geforce 6800 distort your perception of time?, How's that old AGP port doing?, Oh wait that's right you wouldn't know they discontinued that obsolete hardware quite a few years ago now? Sucks to be you!

Hey? well i got news for ya it's 2017 and alot has changed in the 13 years you've been MIA, When your Dial-up connection loads this page again i'd be happy to tell you all about it :crylaugh:

But for now ill give you the Brief

Your day? as you call it is Done. That game is but a distant memory, at least 90% of today's gaming population will have not have even known of it's existence, there is more competition in the gaming industry now than ever before, and in an age where we have accustomed our children to instant gratification, very few will stick around for a 1/1000000 chance at an item or "0.0001%" drop rate, for anything.

but hey, if Warframe is too easy for ya, go back to your Dead game.

you OLD GOAT!

BAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I used to play Ultima Online when it came out with my 56K connection, and most MMOs still have those horrid drop rates. Specially the Asian made ones as they are grindfests that make Warframes grind look like a pleasant Sunday drive.

And just because a lot of games I played are likely older than you doesn't make me an old woman, it just makes you a young'in :clem:

I understand people frustration when they want to get the new and cool stance, on the other hand I am trying to understand the developer who wants to make part of it's "good stuff" less accessible - warframe is free to play game, don't forget that. DE does this far less then other companies do, we had 99% of stances fairly easy and accessible so occasional low drop rate is fine. 

42 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Hey I used to play Ultima Online when it came out with my 56K connection, and most MMOs still have those horrid drop rates. Specially the Asian made ones as they are grindfests that make Warframes grind look like a pleasant Sunday drive.

And just because a lot of games I played are likely older than you doesn't make me an old woman, it just makes you a young'in :clem:

I'm actually not that young, i was born before Ultima Online, and i actually used to play koonscape in my younger day's on a 56K modem myself, my first PC i owned was actually an old 386 myself, back from the days of MS-DOS. and while i would class anybody older than 30 in this day and age "old", i have no real issue with the older generations. after all i did have to learn from someone.

the only reason i made my post the way i did is to try and emphasis in a snarky way to the person i replied to, that if we continued to make games the way we used to with that tired way of thinking the user exhibited, we would still be in the dark ages of online gaming timeline-wise.

things change to make way for progress, if everyone took the "back in my day" stance, we would be stuck in a rut forever, with each new generation upsetting the last.

the only way forward is to embrace the new, but pay homage to the past, not moan cause things were different at least a decade ago.

51 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

I understand people frustration when they want to get the new and cool stance, on the other hand I am trying to understand the developer who wants to make part of it's "good stuff" less accessible - warframe is free to play game, don't forget that. DE does this far less then other companies do, we had 99% of stances fairly easy and accessible so occasional low drop rate is fine. 

A free to play yes  indeed, and quite possibly the best at that, so good in fact i don't know a single person that has played it and enjoyed it, and hasn't invested something into it.

while not all will be as diehard as myself or others i play with, so far I have invested around $400NZD into the game, a bit excessive perhaps. but to be fair it's the only game iv'e played straight basically for the last 6 months, and i think for the most part the Devs deserve every cent. it's a shining example of how all FTP should work.

it's the infuriatingly low drop rates for items, that drop from an enemy under normal circumstances, that you only see a tiny fraction of the time. i have issues with.

on that note, i was right by the way ,the latest hotfix 20.0.4 patched Sentients dropping anything at all during that quest, so the prices will rise again soon enough.

Octavia's Anthem: Hotfix 20.0.4

Additions:

• Added more caches to Lua and added better lighting to some existing caches. 

Changes

• Sentients no longer drop rewards in the Octavia’s Anthem quest as the Replay feature created a scenario where items could be gathered endlessly in forced conditions. 

On 26/03/2017 at 7:06 PM, RazorTip said:

Well, no, but I found a way to deal with them. Take a Frost Prime, Strun Wraith, Telos Akbolto, and Galatine Prime. Spam Snowglobe and Avalanche on them, and then take a few shots with Strun W, and finish them off with your melee. NEVER get boxed in, and use your Operator burst (hold 5) to nuke them with your void beam, whenever you're against groups of 5 or more.

I just did a Lua run, 306 sentient kills, and they dropped one War hilt, blade, and a single Vengeful Ruin.

And a ton of neurodes and argons.

Or just use mag : bullet attract + 4 to 5 shots with a decent secondary.

24 minutes ago, Syln said:

Or just use mag : bullet attract + 4 to 5 shots with a decent secondary.

Or Dread one or two shots and it just eats their health.

But personally I just use my "Sentient killer" Excalibur which is the old EB Excal build but using Broken War wit Shattering Impact on it so it shreds through them and even if they do develop an immunity to the elements they have no armor left.

Just Radial Blind any Sentient then swish away while they flail.

Edited by SilvaDreams
Holy Veyhek I hate auto correct at times...

• 3 weeks later...
On 28.03.2017 at 11:56 AM, Darkstorm0X53 said:

A free to play yes  indeed, and quite possibly the best at that, so good in fact i don't know a single person that has played it and enjoyed it, and hasn't invested something into it.

while not all will be as diehard as myself or others i play with, so far I have invested around $400NZD into the game, a bit excessive perhaps. but to be fair it's the only game iv'e played straight basically for the last 6 months, and i think for the most part the Devs deserve every cent. it's a shining example of how all FTP should work.

it's the infuriatingly low drop rates for items, that drop from an enemy under normal circumstances, that you only see a tiny fraction of the time. i have issues with.

on that note, i was right by the way ,the latest hotfix 20.0.4 patched Sentients dropping anything at all during that quest, so the prices will rise again soon enough.

Octavia's Anthem: Hotfix 20.0.4

Additions:

• Added more caches to Lua and added better lighting to some existing caches. 

Changes

• Sentients no longer drop rewards in the Octavia’s Anthem quest as the Replay feature created a scenario where items could be gathered endlessly in forced conditions. 

God dammit.