The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's arrival marks another blow to male warframes

(XBOX)GrimVanD

5 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

Wait, you do not own Octavia yet? You have not worked with the tools that she have? You just seen her design and heard that you can make your own music?

It's one thing to like/dislike a Warframe based on your own preferences and tastes, its something entirely different to judge that they are cool because they have a skill-set you MAY like and start a topic on the unfairness of the said frame being female.

You do realize that this is not a way to get a serious conversation going?

Why you do not get her first and then decide if a Singing Bird is indeed a “blow against all male frames”? Considering that you like horror frames, you may actually change your mind.

I was thinking that DE accidentally unleashed a menace bigger then Spamulor and was not disappointed both in game and on forums, but this reaction is totally unexpected.

P.S. Oh, and that dance animations? My Loki is definitely getting in touch with his feminine side and likes it :satisfied:

Yea will be sure to check her out, but now kinda bummed the music customization is so narrow

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)XxSkullz667xX said:

Yea will be sure to check her out, but now kinda bummed the music customization is so narrow

Concept is great I think, can (am certain will) be expanded.

Best new frame in Warframe in 2 years. Congrats to DE for this, nice job.

Wat no I love it, I thought the Octavia quest was well done if brief and the music frame with sequencer is excellent basis for expansion and fun.

As a fan of irl sequencers and music gear generally I find this all very pleasing.

I can understand some players finding the overall aesthetic of Octavia to be 'goofy' in contrast to the gritty, gothic feel of sword+gun style Warframe favorites.

But looking around at other games in terms of futuristic/multiplayer/hoarde it is fair to say out-of-genre novelty classes are popular.

Edited by yingji
typing failure because WASD keys are broken now

Ok so to everyone offended about my post i am sorry i worded the title so badly and some of my opinion/review so badly i will keep this mistake in mind in the future , so again i appologize..all im trying to say is i get immersed when playing games as its my little escape from reality for a bit and i like to play characters that fit my online personality best gender included and im not sexist, just kinda bummed cuz im in a band myself and octavia would be freaking perfect as she is a musical frame,....oh well as others have pointed if it wasnt called a "she" and wasnt for her dance moves she could have come off as a male kinda....but moving forward i deffinately learned my lesson and some personal opinions are better kept unsaid, just sucks that THIS is the post that i posted that got crazy amounts of comments as opposed to the post i created for my own sketched concept of a Nekros deluxe skin which i thought would have gotten more attention than this one 

20 minutes ago, yingji said:

I can understand some players finding the overall aesthetic of Octavia to be 'goofy' in contrast to the gritty, gothic feel of sword+gun style Warframe favorites.

Well since i began with this game a grim felling where never there, thats why i like warhammer 40k universe i go there when i want that. 

It's 2017 man, people have been provoked into having massive personal identity issues (classic divide-and-rule politics, a response to the threat of Internet unifying public consciousness, the public are being divided into units of one, themselves, different from all the others) so posts about gender will get a range of responses. It's all good. 

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

Nidus was a pretty dang cool frame. I don't know what you're going on about female frames being better....

I know i love nidus, in fact he is my main frame, and i did say Nekros, Inaros, and Nidus aside,....anyway when is octavia's anthem even getting to xbox one? Or is that gonna be a while, cuz i just cold reset my xbox and still no update 

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)XxSkullz667xX said:

I know i love nidus, in fact he is my main frame, and i did say Nekros, Inaros, and Nidus aside,....anyway when is octavia's anthem even getting to xbox one? Or is that gonna be a while, cuz i just cold reset my xbox and still no update 

It´s like always take at least a month.

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)XxSkullz667xX said:

Ah i see.....yea every website i swear says its live for xbox,ps4, and pc now, which hate to tell them but no it isnt lol only for pc so far it seems

It´s because Sony and Microsoft let developers pay for updating their games and they must also go trough a certification process thats why consoles and pc a rarely on the same build also witch websites say that?

3 minutes ago, Genesis7000 said:

It´s because Sony and Microsoft let developers pay for updating their games and they must also go trough a certification process thats why consoles and pc a rarely on the same build also witch websites say that?

Like just the first two that come up when searching about octavia's anthem update i think on google 

Like someone wise said a long time ago "Why would i want to play looking at males a@@ all the time?"

on topic: technically speaking warframes are gender-less and the only reason they look like they have a gender is because they were built for some specific tenno and copies the appearance of the tenno. So the only thing defining gender in warframe are tenno.

Edited by NeroXero

This is silliest rant I ever heard. Honestly if this was some crazy female rant about vice versa situation i wouldn't be as surprised, but this? No female frames are not cooler or better. Excal, loki, ash? And even if they are, who cares? I prefer playing with female char because i prefer to look at female aesthetics. Think about it, you're looking at them from behind ... for hours and hours.... get it? 

I think everyone needs to calm down bit. OP's summarized point is "I prefer to play male characters. I think the female frames in this game get unique designs and themes that are exceptionally cool and make them look powerful. I feel male frames don't get this treatment barring a couple of exceptions. Octavia is another female frame that I feel has an awesome theme, one I personally identify with. I dislike that I don't have an equivalent male frame that interests me as much as Octavia."

Everyone seems to be conflating OP's post as saying that "girls can't be strong" or "girls can only display feminine characteristics". He has a gender preference in terms of what he likes to play. Half the people in this thread have espoused a gender preference for female characters. Some of those people have then gone and criticized OP to get professional help if he has a gender preference. Basic preference seems like a transient issue, in my opinion, but everyone seems to want to demonize OP as some bizarre sexist for saying "The female frames are cool. I wish the male frames were as cool as the female frames."

At most the big talking point of discussion is male equivalents or whatever, which is basically just a revival of the age/old Ember/Blaze topic. Ultimately, a male version of Octavia or a female version of Rhino because De is giving frames specific lore contexts now instead of "they existed" origins.

5 minutes ago, Flamingfighter said:

I think everyone needs to calm down bit. OP's summarized point is "I prefer to play male characters. I think the female frames in this game get unique designs and themes that are exceptionally cool and make them look powerful. I feel male frames don't get this treatment barring a couple of exceptions. Octavia is another female frame that I feel has an awesome theme, one I personally identify with. I dislike that I don't have an equivalent male frame that interests me as much as Octavia."

Everyone seems to be conflating OP's post as saying that "girls can't be strong" or "girls can only display feminine characteristics". He has a gender preference in terms of what he likes to play. Half the people in this thread have espoused a gender preference for female characters. Some of those people have then gone and criticized OP to get professional help if he has a gender preference. Basic preference seems like a transient issue, in my opinion, but everyone seems to want to demonize OP as some bizarre sexist for saying "The female frames are cool. I wish the male frames were as cool as the female frames."

At most the big talking point of discussion is male equivalents or whatever, which is basically just a revival of the age/old Ember/Blaze topic. Ultimately, a male version of Octavia or a female version of Rhino because De is giving frames specific lore contexts now instead of "they existed" origins.

THIS...THIS...THIS lol....its what ive been trying to say all along.....omg u get me, FINALLY someone with some sense gets me 

32 minutes ago, Flamingfighter said:

demonize OP as some bizarre sexist for saying "The female frames are cool. I wish the male frames were as cool as the female frames."

Problem is that this statement is not true. Male and female frames are both cool. 

3 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

Problem is that this statement is not true. Male and female frames are both cool. 

As many people told OP, "That's just, like, you're opinion, man". It's the pitfall of preference discussions. What looks cool to some doesn't necessarily look cool to others. As someone who prefers a male aesthetic: I think that, while some male frame shave some pretty unique and interesting designs, the female frames do have a significant edge in design that makes them look cooler. I think my motive for this thought would be different from OP's, though.

I'm male, and I play "female"  and "male" characters all the time, there's no problem. The quotations are there because warframes actually have no sexual gender. They don't even have sex organs, so this is illogical to me. Also illogical how someone finds their masculinity threatened when they play a girl on a video game. But oh well, just my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

I'm male, and I play "female"  and "male" characters all the time, there's no problem. The quotations are there because warframes actually have no sexual gender. They don't even have sex organs, so this is illogical to me. Also illogical how someone finds their masculinity threatened when they play a girl on a video game. But oh well, just my opinion. 

I dont feel my masculinity is threatened playing a girl, just i prefer to play as my own gender....not saying u said this so dont take me the wrong way but the way ive been demonized in this thread is absurd and at least 75% of the time its guys saying they want to play as girls cuz they would rather look at their ahem "assets" for hours and go on to say i have a mental problem and am sexist for wanting to play as a male frame which is my own gender,....i would be willing to bet if those guys and myself were in a room with a psychiatrist he/she would be asking if they had mental issues and not myself for wanting to look at animated bio-mechanical booties and tatas that in all honesty arent even that sexually defined to even look at in that way (well save for perhaps saryn).....but still, i mean they are exactly that...bio-mechanical machines that our tenno control via systematic link 

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)XxSkullz667xX said:

I dont feel my masculinity is threatened playing a girl, just i prefer to play as my own gender....not saying u said this so dont take me the wrong way but the way ive been demonized in this thread is absurd and at least 75% of the time its guys saying they want to play as girls cuz they would rather look at their ahem "assets" for hours and go on to say i have a mental problem and am sexist for wanting to play as a male frame which is my own gender,....i would be willing to bet if those guys and myself were in a room with a psychiatrist he/she would be asking if they had mental issues and not myself for wanting to look at animated bio-mechanical booties and tatas that in all honesty arent even that sexually defined to even look at in that way (well save for perhaps saryn).....but still, i mean they are exactly that...bio-mechanical machines that our tenno control via systematic link 

I'm actually Bi, and not a robophiliac, so I guess we both misjudged each other. But I agree, people who are just in it for the booty need to understand they're just looking at a piece of metal filled with infested-like goo hahaha! Sorry for the misunderstanding