Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Am I Even Downloading Update 9...

ChaiVat

?  I have read nothing but bad things.  I thought there were problems before?  ASH "bladestorm" bug...did that even get fixed?  A clan crest that costs plat.?  Bosses that suck in every possible way?

Ok...I'm just complaining about S#&$ I haven't even personally experienced yet (still downloading), but damn...are these "updates" and "hot fixes" just ways for the developers to figure out how to make more money without fixing the obvious?

I do dig the game overall, but I will say, it is certainly walking a fine line between playing and not playing ever again...

but.. we are the testers

reality gets lost in the world of wants and perfection.

What people are asking --> "If it doesn't work perfectly for the testers, then test it before the testers get their hands on it."

Who we are --> "we find the broken things so that after this release out of BETA those players won't have to say,  'didn't they ever test that?!'"

Relatively speaking, the amount of stuff that gets fixed or implemented badly is much better than many other games. Consider the old WoW patch that made all the roads disappear, or how long they spent saying arcane missiles was "working as intended." When you make an internet meme out of continued failure, THAT is truly 'not testing your patch.' Really, in that and other games, a lot of people wouldn't even bother playing on update days because they were inevitably filled with broken (of course, some of us insisted on playing then just to experience the madness). And also consider that in those, you had to pay to experience the joy of constant crashes, disconnects, and glitches.

I'm not saying your frustration is invalid, mind, just that you should try to maintain a degree of perspective in this.

Yeah we're getting frustrated, AND YOU'RE FORGETTING YOU'RE TESTER?

oh cmon

I think the bigger reason for frustration is that it was a promising patch that so far seems to be a step in the wrong direction. I for one was looking forward to the lore and there is very little there.

But there are other reasons why, the artifact system which worked well and meshed with the co-op feel is now with the distinctly selfish AURA system, the game is way too rough on new players coming in who will have a hard time breaking out and enjoying the game, and Nightmare mode isn't a challenge, it just stacks a fake difficulty on your mission that in some cases isn't even fair.

That's not even all the issues present in this patch. I can't speak for everyone, but personally this patch dropped my enjoyment of the game considerably and made me glad I didn't choose to become a founder. Saddening cause I really do like the game and want to see it succeed.

There are two types of people that post in the Warframe forums (and videogame forums in general).

The first are a whiny, self-entitled set who love to moan about everything.

The second are . . . wait, there's only one type.

"Testers of a Beta", yet there are all these nudges by the DEV's towards spending platinum on things at the same time...for broken S#&$?  How about, lets test the updates, feel it out, make corrections then propose those things that are worth charging us real money for?  How bout that...seems to me that the development team is getting ahead of itself.  And to the clown that mentioned "complain after you've actually played update 9...", I think I prefaced all of that in my original post and yeah, done it..played it and so far I have done a few void T2's and liked the changes.  Have not killed any bosses in any other runs yet, love the ASH's new blade storm animations and only hoping that bladestorm (power in use) bug was also fixed.  

And Inez...do you think you have all the answers and know everyone or something?  Don't be a $&*^.  Cocky smart-&#!.

There are two types of people that post in the Warframe forums (and videogame forums in general).

You are a dork.

I think the bigger reason for frustration is that it was a promising patch that so far seems to be a step in the wrong direction. I for one was looking forward to the lore and there is very little there.

But there are other reasons why, the artifact system which worked well and meshed with the co-op feel is now with the distinctly selfish AURA system, the game is way too rough on new players coming in who will have a hard time breaking out and enjoying the game, and Nightmare mode isn't a challenge, it just stacks a fake difficulty on your mission that in some cases isn't even fair.

That's not even all the issues present in this patch. I can't speak for everyone, but personally this patch dropped my enjoyment of the game considerably and made me glad I didn't choose to become a founder. Saddening cause I really do like the game and want to see it succeed.

Well said, I agree.  Maybe we should ask Inez...he thinks you and I are just "moaning"...

Oh Im sorry, despite the fact that you're the minority here on this "forum" topic, you have more overall posts than most of us and your a "master"....my bad.

The Op was saying he read nothing but bad things. I explained why. The people enjoying the game are busy playing it. The whiners, sorry, I mean bug reporters, are here 'reporting bugs.'

The OP doesn't even have any specific complaints, he just saw a bunch of complaining and wanted to pile in.

The only legit complaint is this thread is about the lack of lore. They made it sound like there would be more. And there is practically none. They shouldn't have even mentioned they were bringing lore into the game with update 9 if this was all they were gonna do. Not that I care about the lore even slightly, but evidently a lot of people do.

A couple of hot fixes later most of the major bugs will be gone. And sometime next week a full proper patch will fix the rest.

So until then, take a break from the game if the current bugs bother you so much.

The Op was saying he read nothing but bad things. I explained why. The people enjoying the game are busy playing it. The whiners, sorry, I mean bug reporters, are here 'reporting bugs.'

The OP doesn't even have any specific complaints, he just saw a bunch of complaining and wanted to pile in.

The only legit complaint is this thread is about the lack of lore. They made it sound like there would be more. And there is practically none. They shouldn't have even mentioned they were bringing lore into the game with update 9 if this was all they were gonna do. Not that I care about the lore even slightly, but evidently a lot of people do.

A couple of hot fixes later most of the major bugs will be gone. And sometime next week a full proper patch will fix the rest.

So until then, take a break from the game if the current bugs bother you so much.

Go to another thread bro...

?  I have read nothing but bad things.  I thought there were problems before?  ASH "bladestorm" bug...did that even get fixed?  A clan crest that costs plat.?  Bosses that suck in every possible way?

Ok...I'm just complaining about S#&$ I haven't even personally experienced yet (still downloading), but damn...are these "updates" and "hot fixes" just ways for the developers to figure out how to make more money without fixing the obvious?

I do dig the game overall, but I will say, it is certainly walking a fine line between playing and not playing ever again...

Most of the people saying its bad need to leave Warframe anyway mate. Download it and see for yourself. I think its a very good update but it needs a tweak here and there over the next few days. If there is something you don't like you come here and tell them your thoughts and feelings. If they change what you felt was wrong then you know you had an impact on a good game that is not in full release. You might like it and say something nice:)

Ok...I'm just complaining about S#&$ I haven't even personally experienced yet (still downloading).

The OP really needs to read and re-read what he wrote very carefully, and hopefully realizes how inane this sounds.

Could we get this thread locked please? I'm not seeing anything constructive going on here, and the OP has taken to personal attacks against others (which has essentially doomed this thread).