Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we finally get auto sprint option?

.Murk.

8 hours ago, Wrum said:

it would mess with movement controls on slide and bullet jump

How exactly? They're not tied to run but to crouch.

@OP - No you're not alone in this. If they did do this I could bind it to the analogue stick without the need for multiple conditions in macros due to other actions that interrupt the current toggle.

Edited by Demon.King

12 hours ago, MarilynMayMayVigDis said:

I  have kinda been noticing that too. Why don't they make a perm run option? Switching  constantly ALL the time gets me confused AND shot ... :shocked: ... No. You are not alone on this ... :satisfied: ...

Simple, to allow you to choose your speed, If you are running a toaster and/or if you are an old schooler (I'm both option) you want to be able to choose , Running make my fps drop drasticly, and motion sickness still happen from time to time . If this is an option then how do you balance it ? how does your systeme define whether or not you are sprinting ? whether or not you shall stop,restart ? did you get my point ? it will impact your performance in a way warframe is not suppose to do as well as impacting your gameplay :
it's more conveniant to have it the way it actually is . if you want hitting a wall, aiming, ect . the same apply for jump and parkour, your initial speed is what define the travel distance of a glide, of a jump ect , in short: a lot of thing in the game. 

2 hours ago, ShinigamiZack said:

Simple, to allow you to choose your speed, If you are running a toaster and/or if you are an old schooler (I'm both option) you want to be able to choose , Running make my fps drop drasticly, and motion sickness still happen from time to time . If this is an option then how do you balance it ? how does your systeme define whether or not you are sprinting ? whether or not you shall stop,restart ? did you get my point ? it will impact your performance in a way warframe is not suppose to do as well as impacting your gameplay :
it's more conveniant to have it the way it actually is . if you want hitting a wall, aiming, ect . the same apply for jump and parkour, your initial speed is what define the travel distance of a glide, of a jump ect , in short: a lot of thing in the game. 

Okay...points well taken. Made me think for a sec, and you're KINDA right...kinda... ;) ...

6 hours ago, ShinigamiZack said:

Simple, to allow you to choose your speed, If you are running a toaster and/or if you are an old schooler (I'm both option) you want to be able to choose

Then simply make it an option whether you want auto-Sprint toggled off by aiming and whatnot.

how does your systeme define whether or not you are sprinting ?

Once toggled on, it'd be temporarily suppressed while aiming
or of course toggle off when you press the button again.

it's more conveniant to have it the way it actually is . if you want hitting a wall, aiming, ect

Why do you think any of that would change?

You can toggle Sprint on / off at will as-is,
all this'd do is so you don't have to toggle it on again after every single time you aim.

I don't get how anyone could be against there being more QOL options.

I agree.
Sure, you want to walk: walk. But if I decided to run (I use toggle), the running state shouldn't ever get turned off... not by shooting, not by using a power, not by bullet jumping and not by aiming. The run toggle should only be turned off by pressing that key again.

Agree.   Should have been an option from the beginning as almost every FPS has this integrated. 

It's just silly to ALWAYS hold a button because walking is almost never used.   How about reversing it... hold button to walk instead, that'd make a LOT more sense and save my pinky.

Phew I am glad their are people who agree. I knew there would be some people that would say lazy/pointless/dislike it so that's why it should be a option so we can all have our delicious cake (metaphorically speaking)

Also I bet controller/console players would love this.

Please DE save our poor little overworked pinkies!:highfive:

11 hours ago, ShinigamiZack said:

I think you misunderstood what this would mean, it would be a option you choose to enable, it would make you run instead of walk whenever applicable(ie not when shooting your gun but immediately after you stop shooting), you could toggle or hold shift to walk while this option is enabled, this will not allow for anything a player/frame could do that they cannot do already manually.

So bottom line is that it would have no affect on you if you didn't want it too, so why are you against others having it?

Edited by Murkar

On 3/28/2017 at 3:39 PM, Murkar said:

Thanks for the input :sadcry: am I really alone in this?

Nope. I want perma-sprint in the options too. Sprint disabling after every shot, alt-fire, context action, and ETC really annoys me.

On 3/28/2017 at 3:42 PM, Wrum said:

yes

No, he isn't(obviously).

20 hours ago, Wrum said:

it would mess with movement controls on slide and bullet jump. also how lazy do you have to be to not want to not hold down a button?

No, it most certainly would not and it would make playing on a controller easier for those peeps.

Do not look for a reason to disagree with something just for the sake of disagreeing. If it doesn't affect you, don't bother.

21 hours ago, Wrum said:

it would mess with movement controls on slide and bullet jump. also how lazy do you have to be to not want to not hold down a button?

I am already constantly using about 30 other buttons(logitech g600) regardless why do I need to have one more?

Why not have it both ways:

Control mapping as sprint keys as is. Setting page has an 'Default to sprint' toggle.

People with well calloused pinkies can hold and toggle shift as they like, people who play pretty muchevery other stamima-less game where always-run is a thing, can always run.

1 hour ago, Paegus said:

Why not have it both ways:

Control mapping as sprint keys as is. Setting page has an 'Default to sprint' toggle.

People with well calloused pinkies can hold and toggle shift as they like, people who play pretty muchevery other stamima-less game where always-run is a thing, can always run.

But the thing is we already have always run as an option (sprint toggle), but it gets switched off all the time for completely ridiculous reasons.
If the toggle did its job properly we wouldn't need this thread -_-