Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ARGON CRYSTALS/CONCULYSTS

GamerWiz

Question

Honestly, I feel like this game is cheating me or something. I have scoured every void mission and still haven found a FRICKIN ARGON CRYSTAL. WHY? I really need 3 for a nikana. Also, beating one sentient droid is already hard enough, but fighting two at the same time?! Is that even possible? Is this game actually FTP (Free to Play)?

Edited by GamerWiz

14 answers to this question

Just take a walk through the back rooms of a void mission and look for the Argon Crystal petimite structures. There's bound to be at least one, and they can drop two or three at a time. Also, if you kill enough people you can probably find one. It just takes a little time. Also, if you don't already know, argon crystals are the only resource in the game with a half life (that is, after a time period of 24 hours, half of your crystals will disappear), so you have to collect them somewhat quickly.

And, uh... I won't spoil anything... but if you can't take on two sentients at a time, then you're really not going to have much fun later on...

That's just RNG being RNG. It sucks, but that's how it is. I should note that Argon is more likely to be found on the ground from containers than it is from enemy drops. 

And dealing with Sentients isn't hard once you've got decent gear. With how early in the game I'm assuming you are, it's really gonna suck. However, the advice I can offer is to use weapons with multiple elements types modded onto them. What makes them hard is that they adapt to your damage. If you're using a slash-based weapon, then that weapons slowly gets less and less effective against them until it does basically nothing. Adding elements to that offers your weapon extra damage and reduces their ability to resist your multiple types of damage output. 

Everyone has trouble with Sentients in the beginning, but it gets a whole lot easier as you get better at the game and attain better weapons. 

1 minute ago, GamerWiz said:

That's kind of why I need help

I've heard Mesa is a very good frame to go against them. And, I'd like to tell you a different method that makes them near-trivial, but that would require spoiling the game (assuming you've not gotten past the Second Dream, or you're just coming out of it). All I can tell you is to complete The War Within, and you will get something that will help you immensely :).

It also helps to study their attack patterns and figure out where to go from there. The melee ones (Battalysts I think??) with the tornado spin attack are the only enemy that can repeatedly stun-lock you, so stay far away from corners and other places in the walls where they can trap you. Both Battalysts and Conculysts can fire these explosive projectiles at you, which do quite a huge amount of damage and have a decent blast radius. Try to stay out of those projectile's path by rapidly bullet jumping and dodging as best as you can.

You're going to want to bring high-bust damage weapons, as sentient armor is so strong that more sustained assault rifles and such don't really do anything to them. I personally prefer the Hek, as it has great puncture for getting through that armor, and it can deal out insane damage. You also want to bring a diverse loadout, at least with elementals and damage types that can still deal damage even when the sentients adapt. I think that the max amount of elementals they can block is 4 or 5, including the basic puncture impact and slash. They are also not affected by CC in any way, so don't waste your abilities trying to stop them from attacking. Instead, bring someone who is capable healing themselves or protecting them from their devastating attacks (I'm an Oberon main so that's semi-easy for me) or someone who can deal a ludicrous amount of damage (again, Mesa).

Finally, when you kill them, pick up the glowy thing on the ground and it will restore your health, energy, and shields to max. And watch out, somehow one sentient can equip the arms of another fallen sentient (So you can see a conculyst with a battalyst arm, which I think gives them a couple of the battalysts abilities)

4 minutes ago, BetaDude40 said:

Okay, really quickly, how far are you in the main storyline? Have you completed the Second Dream or no?

if he is fighting sentients he has the orokin moon which is only accessible after the second dream.

now @GamerWiz
I look at the wiki and it doesn't say anything about needing to beat sentients to get the war within quest.
Sedna Junction --'

My recommendation is going to the crossfire exterminate, ignore everyone, go find an oculyst and trigger him, use the enemies as meat shield while you attack the sentients and if possible fight one at a time

Edited by Dwolfknight

14 minutes ago, GamerWiz said:

The thing is, I need to beat sentients to get the War Within quest 

try use corrosive + fire on one weapon, radiation + toxin on other,  gas + cold on the third weapon and sweeper's sentinel with blast + electric
sentients can resist until 4 damage types before dying (if you don't have enough raw power to kill in one shot), so, if you have more than that, will be easier to deal against them

just switch to other weapon after it adapt against 2 damage types (there are icons near on it showing)

and don't face both of them at same time if you don't have any tank frame (Chroma, Rhino, Valkyr...), keep hiding and hitting only one

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just need the right words... and the left ones too.