Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will the forgotten ASH ever Be "rereworked"

ShadowStalker

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CFE Angry said:

One side of the community believes ash is fine, meanwhile the other side wants ash to become something else. Personally I think ash is good where he is, I can do anything in the game with him, which makes him a great solo frame for anything. Now let's talk about hydroid and Oberon shall we?

Exactly he can do any level content with little issue if you don't just sit in one spot like a lawn ornament.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Ash is fine as he is, all he needed was a manual targeting system for his Ult, and that's what he got. he's a perfectly powerful and enjoyable offensive frame that can reliably deal damage. I see no problem with him now he's had his rework.

Same I have had no issues since the rework.

56 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Yet it's the Conclave team who must then rebalance the whole thing to make it work in PvP. I don't mean the frame should be balanced for PvP and from there going to PvE, but make it work for PvE in an interesting way, yet take into consideration the inevitable conclave balance pass so the transition from one mode to the next is as smooth as possible. PvP balancing is also very simple, you just need to know average frame EHP and the frame in question EHP, then work the numbers from there, adjust mechanics as it seems fit (if you read the rework I suggested above, you will notice the abilities are designed first for PvE and then rebalanced for PvP, not the other way around, with little change in application)

Thing is though your pve changes on paper sound great but you in practice tap and hold skills prove too clunky for a frame like ash who is designed to be fluid.

In essence your are over complicating things that don't need it for, what it seems like, the sake of transition from pve to pvp which again ruins pve experience just for pvp.  In my opinion they should have never added pvp.

7 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

My main fear with the Ash rework was that they were going to kill his cool animations like they did with Mesa. I like the compromise. 

IMO, if you didn't like Ash for his kill animations, there was no reason to even be using him in the first place. BS is his signature. Your better off asking for another completely different frame.

Ugh the pukecam is one of the most hated things about Ash. A lot of people wanted it reworked.

As someone who's first and most played warframe was Ash Prime, I've spent some time playing with him after his rework and I actually thought he was more engaging and a bit more fun, the problems I have with him is the fact his targeting mechanic on bladestorm isn't the best, its still too slow and allies still cant hit the targets you're hitting and hes a Press 2>4 bot still, aside from that his shuriken and teleport don't provide much, even with the augment fatal teleport doesn't work half the time, and sure shurikens can shred armor with the augment but lol. It would be amazing if they either buffed his shurikens, give them a new augment, or just rework them overall, make them fun and better.  As for his teleport fix the bugs or just replace it with a new ability. Now compare it to Limbo's rework I feel like Limbo's was perfect, there's so many ways you can play limbo now, while Ash is just there, don't get me wrong Ash is still one of my favorite frames and I think hes funner now in a way but he just underwhelming and there's not much to do. (obviously these are just my personal feelings I might be wrong about em etc, etc, and im by no means saying hes weak I just think he could be better in other ways not just hit 4 kill everything or hit 4 -Rules of nature-.)

Edited by Alternlex

Just now, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

Bladestorm should be an exalted ability with movements like manic all his other abilities should stay the same but whatever I posted my rework and nobody bothered with it cause y'all want a press 4 to murder all frame 

Yeah! Only other frames deserve OP powers durrrr hurrr ddurrrrrr

Are you serious right now?

2 hours ago, evilfluffy said:

Thing is though your pve changes on paper sound great but you in practice tap and hold skills prove too clunky for a frame like ash who is designed to be fluid.

Hold for 1s, that's... well, 1s. What is ONE SECOND to you? Unless you somehow live at super speed 1s isn't going to kill the fluidity of a frame. The idea aren't abilities that you hold and release when you see fit, it's just a 1s and then the secondary effect goes off.

In essence your are over complicating things that don't need it for, what it seems like, the sake of transition from pve to pvp which again ruins pve experience just for pvp.

Not really. You would still be able to just tap everything and get pretty much the same results. The Blade Storm stance will require proper combo use, but that's what it would make it stand out from the other stance ultimates like Exalted Spam.

In my opinion they should have never added pvp.

And that's why you will likely NEVER understand my points, you can't wrap your head around making something that works in both mediums pretty much the same. Zeal isn't a good thing to have.

---

1 hour ago, (PS4)hahajake said:

Bads cant play ash anymore.

Bads used to abuse his 4. 

Bads think he is still OP too.

Very odd situation with ol Ash. 

Wrong.

Bads can't play Ash anymore, meanwhile the goods gut stuck with a sh*tty half made revisit

Bads used to abuse his 4, and so DE nerfed and ignored the rest of the feedback

Bads ran away straight to Miramulor and never looked bad, those who don't know any better think Ash is fine, and those who know better claim for a second revisit that actually solves the frame's issues

---

1 hour ago, (PS4)hahajake said:

Yeah! Only other frames deserve OP powers durrrr hurrr ddurrrrrr

Are you serious right now?

A properly implemented Stance Ultimate could be completely badass, fun, interactive. Just because DE so far has given us Exalted Spam, Hyspam and Primal Spam, doesn't mean they cannot add an actual Stance ultimate that requires knowing how to use it.

I must repeat again, it's not even a "storm" guddammit!!!

Look at Samuro in HotS that's what you called "bladestorm", Ash's must be called "stabby stab" instead.

Just scrap the whole thing and make an entire new ability already. Too lazy to animate the new one?

10 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

I must repeat again, it's not even a "storm" guddammit!!!

Look at Samuro in HotS that's what you called "bladestorm", Ash's must be called "stabby stab" instead.

Yeah and mesa's PeaceMaker isn't exactly making any peace, Your point?

Its just a name guddammit!!!

14 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Yeah and mesa's PeaceMaker isn't exactly making any peace, Your point?

Its just a name guddammit!!!

PeaceMaker is a reference from colt single action army duhhhh.

Bladestorm on other hand has zero relevancy.

Edited by Volinus7

17 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

PeaceMaker is a reference from colt single action army duhhhh.

Bladestorm on other hand has zero relevancy.

I know PeaceMaker is a reference but it has no relevancy when it comes to the Warframe universe, For all we know Bladestorm could have more relevancy.

Either way it isn't just PeaceMaker, There are stuff like Atlas's LandSlide, that is far from a Cliff/Mountain collapse or Nekros Soul punch that is far from you punching the souls of your enemies.

Like I said its just names to make it sound cool and easier to explain then naming abilities "Launch orb @ enemies" or "Spawn clones to stab enemies"

59 minutes ago, Midrib said:

I know PeaceMaker is a reference but it has no relevancy when it comes to the Warframe universe, For all we know Bladestorm could have more relevancy.

Either way it isn't just PeaceMaker, There are stuff like Atlas's LandSlide, that is far from a Cliff/Mountain collapse or Nekros Soul punch that is far from you punching the souls of your enemies.

Like I said its just names to make it sound cool and easier to explain then naming abilities "Launch orb @ enemies" or "Spawn clones to stab enemies"

Landslide conveys "movement of land" and atlus is "land" in this case there's no problem. Soul is pushed out of the body so what's the problem?

Peacemaker is a reference from a gun in a period which quickdraw was popular, no problem here too.

"Shadow dagger" is better. There's no circular motion so there's no "storm". Even hailstorm or thunderstorm it's not even close.... "Bladestorm" failed to describe or convey the nature, feeling and theme of the ability.

Another ability with bad naming is Silence. It should be "Deafening" instead.

Edited by Volinus7

37 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Landslide conveys "movement of land" and atlus is "land" in this case there's no problem. Soul is pushed out of the body so what's the problem?

Peacemaker is a reference from a gun in a period which quickdraw was popular, no problem here too.

Landslide conveys a collapse of a mountain or a cliff, not just any movement of the ground.

in nekros case, there is hardly any physical "punching" involved with it nor is the soul leaving the body as you can see enemies getting up from it.

PeaceMaker is a reference to us due to Colt's manufacturing company, but in a universe where there is no Colt's manufacturing company the phrase "PeaceMaker" holds no relevancy.

Like I said for the 3rd time, they are ability names that developers have used ever since abilities were a thing, and they have always had silly/broad names to give them a cool factor while giving a brief summery of these abilities.

8 hours ago, Midrib said:

Landslide conveys a collapse of a mountain or a cliff, not just any movement of the ground.

in nekros case, there is hardly any physical "punching" involved with it nor is the soul leaving the body as you can see enemies getting up from it.

PeaceMaker is a reference to us due to Colt's manufacturing company, but in a universe where there is no Colt's manufacturing company the phrase "PeaceMaker" holds no relevancy.

Like I said for the 3rd time, they are ability names that developers have used ever since abilities were a thing, and they have always had silly/broad names to give them a cool factor while giving a brief summery of these abilities.

At least "Prism" is not "Laser Storm" lol.

Edited by Volinus7
Naming is the middle road between history, imagination and taking things literally, I shouldn't expect you to understand.

FINALLY! few people who actually care commented some problems and fixes while before the comments were "ASH IS PERFECT" >,< if he was perfect this thread wouldnt exist so many problems with ash could be fixed in like 24 hours..id pay DE a million Dollars to fix drames like ash hydroid oberon :c

13 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Me too. The change to Smoke Screen alone was enough to make me love him even more.

Same, though i wish they would buff his shurikens as well...

Don't care about Bladestorm and never will, if they would replace it with a different ability or completely change it then i would be genuinely happy.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

Same, though i wish they would buff his shurikens as well...

Don't care about Bladestorm and never will, if they would replace it with a different ability or completely change it then i would be genuinely happy.

how about like a nekros 4 ability? like has creates like 7-8 copies of him(player looks/colors) and they do blade strorm while you like like a exhalted dagger/ANY NINJA WEAPON and a 75 % chance to finsher xd farfethced but yeah XD

Edited by FormulaXP