Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 9? More Like -9

WarMasterCy

So do i get it right. Nightmare mode is always on, even when you have no yet done the mission that is now nightmare?

I thought these were supposed to be optional after you beat them in a normal difficulty.

Sounds like they need to make these optional via a hotfix or at least switch off the one in Mercury, Saturn and Venus.

People already can. You want nightmare mode? Click the skull. You don't? Click on any other mission.

"Nearly failed" I think they can quote this for a glowing endorsement for nightmare mode.

Except for the fact that the 1st and 3rd missions are skulled. So what's a new player to do, skip them? Oh sorry, can't do that, they are the first missions. Which you have to do. You think I'm whining? Lets see your UNRANKED frame with no mods win on Terminus. With screenshots. Like what the other new players have to do. Except you have the advantage of knowing the system.

Go on. I DARE you.

Increasing damage/health/shields is the most laziest way to raise the difficulty bar (i'm pointing at bosses and elite troopers), nightmare mode should have toggle button you are scaring new players and what about places where there are no groups, SOLO is hell for them.

Ancients look ridiculous, it's like they hired manga/hentai comic artist to do the job.

Artifacts, using warframe's energy and literally forcing formas down the throat.

New shotgun: the damage is pretty low, the clipsize doesn't make up for this disadvantage.

Raptor: I have shooty laser with ton of damage and rockets with ton of damage. How original.

Resources at market, YES wait why do they cost platinum?

Platinum to credits: the exchange rate is a joke.

Oh and 93 euros for so called tenno pack on steam? Boy where is the limit?

Edited by Morgax

People already can. You want nightmare mode? Click the skull. You don't? Click on any other mission.

"Nearly failed" I think they can quote this for a glowing endorsement for nightmare mode.

No you can't select cause you are forced to do the missions if you haven't unlock them yet ...

You're correct that the modifiers really need to be explained.

However I think this is just an alpha look at what Nightmare will be giving (new enemies and enemy variants, random modifiers, increased damage taken).

Then allow me to iterate that if I want to play Nightmare Mode, it's an option I want to set.  It's not something I want shoved down my throat.  I did the update and saw the skulls on my map (knowing what was mentioned from Livestream 9).  I don't want to be forced to play them for testing purpose.  I want to set that when I'm ready to test.  

As it is, the planetary levels have changed entirely, In the one mission that I died against Infested, I saw a handful of bugs with the new Ancients (like Rubber Banding/Ragdolling that made the Super Mutants in Fallout 3 look calm by comparison), and it looks like Solo mode still has some massive kinks that I'm going to need to talk about. 

I'll be sure to test more of it out later.  But initial feelings along with something I saw from the announcement, I'm less than apathetic and more disappointed. 

Banshee has always been a hugely problematic warframe to get because of how the helmet is defense-only and her other parts not much easier to get. I mean yeah, they probably should have fixed it (made defense rewards multiples) but it's not like they introduced a new problem on purpose.

I must be lucky - Basnhee was my FIRST WF I constructed (Ex as staring and Loki bought). I didn't feel hard to get (after 50h of gameplay).

Except for the fact that the 1st and 3rd missions are skulled. So what's a new player to do, skip them? Oh sorry, can't do that, they are the first missions. Which you have to do. You think I'm whining? Lets see your UNRANKED frame with no mods win on Terminus. With screenshots. Like what the other new players have to do. Except you have the advantage of knowing the system.

Go on. I DARE you.

You have to unlock nightmare mode. New players won't have it unlocked. New players will play those missions normally.

I think that was already mentioned in this thread yes? But I suppose if you pay attention to details like that this crusade of yours wouldn't have a leg to stand on would it?

Well it seems Digital Extremes have done it again.. They turned a beautiful unique game into a piece of S#&$.. I'm going to start from asking a question ...

Did anyone test this update before applying it? or are you guys " Hey I got a great idea to f**k the game up, lets set the health to drop every second while they are on low level missions that would be epic!! :D"

" Update 9 would be a great way to get more money off these suckers!"

I'll be quick because no one likes to read long posts...

I think I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say remove update 9 ... it's garbage

'Nightmare mode' And you do know it's visible whether it's nightmare or not, right? You can avoid those. /derp

Apart form the usual cavalcade of bugs, U9 seem quite solid. A host of extra free content, new frame, and extra toys. Oh, and also:

>Nightmare mode isn't even available for new players

WAAAH new players will get stomped so unfair DE pls change it, what is reading comprehension

>New cash store content, can still get BP's with credits and farm it up, same as it's been for months now

WAAAH how dare DE try to make money

>Raptor is bugged, the game is in beta, did you expect otherwise?

WAAAH I can't get Nova immediately and the new toys need plat or farming to get, my entitlement is showing

Cheers DE, your proponents are pleased and your detractors have nothing constructive to say.

Well it seems Digital Extremes have done it again.. They turned a beautiful unique game into a piece of S#&$.. I'm going to start from asking a question ...

Did anyone test this update before applying it? or are you guys " Hey I got a great idea to f**k the game up, lets set the health to drop every second while they are on low level missions that would be epic!! :D"

" Update 9 would be a great way to get more money off these suckers!"

I'll be quick because no one likes to read long posts...

I think I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say remove update 9 ... it's garbage

The people who play a beta are called Beta Testers. We are the ones that are supposed to test the new content. Please try to state your opinion in a more objective and polite fashion.