Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you start a raid?

FLEXXIMUS

Question

Hello all,

I heard that warframe has raids now (why not rip off something from the blatantly-warframe-insipired Destiny) and i don't know how to start them.

I believe there are two in the game but no quest leads me to them and all the YouTube videos walk you through once you've already started them.

Noob question for sure but i just don't know....

16 answers to this question

There are 2 raids in the game: Law of Retribution ( normal or nightmare) and Jordas Verdict.

To start a raid, you need to build keys. They're found on the market.

You also need a squad size of 4-8 players. Only 1 of you need to have the key though.

1- you praise RNGesus and sacrifice a noggle for him!

2- you craft the raid in your foundry. (you can buy the raid blueprint from the market)

3- you find enough crazy &#! Tennos to make a squad with at least 4 players because the raid wont start unless there is at least 4 players.

4- yall start the raid and go crazy killing some weird &#! crazy looking enemies.

5- you kill the boss and get an arcane!

59 minutes ago, Darkfeather21 said:

Off-topic, but...

Destiny began development in 2010, two full years before Warframe was even announced, before which no one even knew it existed.

That's not right.

I was playing warframe at least a year maybe two before destiny came out!

And destiny is a blatant rip off of warframe and don't care what anybody says......

My thanks to all the kind folk to explain to me what i need to do for the raids, but i ain't hearing that "Destiny was original" bullshiiiiiit....

Edited by FLEXXIMUS
Typo

24 minutes ago, FLEXXIMUS said:

That's not right.

I was playing warframe at least a year maybe two before destiny came out!

And destiny is a blatant rip off of warframe and don't care what anybody says......

My thanks to all the kind folk to explain to me what i need to do for the raids, but i ain't hearing that "Destiny was original" bullshiiiiiit....

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but...

As I said. Destiny entered development in 2010. Warframe entered the first beta in late 2012, not long after first being unveiled. Destiny didn't release until 2014.

So, while you are right about playing Warframe before Destiny came out, you are wrong in saying that Destiny somehow ripped off a game that didn't exist as public knowledge until two full years into the development cycle.

3 hours ago, GTX49 said:

2- you craft the raid in your foundry. (you can buy the raid blueprint from the market)

3- you find enough crazy &#! Tennos to make a squad with at least 4 players because the raid wont start unless there is at least 4 players.

4- yall start the raid and go crazy killing some weird &#! crazy looking enemies.

best explanation ever

3 hours ago, GTX49 said:

how it actually goes, for most people:

1. you praise RNGsus, who has been giving you nothing but Endo and lenses for the wrong school in Sorties, and you beg and plead for him to give you at least a half decent arcane on your first completion.

2. you try to craft the raid in your foundry, but unknown errors occur.

3. after finally crafting the key, you go to invite your friends, but they're all offline or preoccupied, so you have to resort to recruiting randoms, making sure to only ask for high MR players, because you are of the narrow-minded belief that MR = Skill, and you know you won't be able to carry noobs on your first playthrough.

4. you start the raid, and within 5 minutes, everything goes to shish: you've got one guy AFK, god knows where he went, while the rest of your random teammates are too focused on trying to get the most kills ion the endless swarms of level 80 Grineer, completely ignoring the battery, and on the occasions they pick it up, they don't get it to the Toxin Injector in time. you try to get the doors open, but none of them want to stand on the pads. this stage takes about half an hour longer than it should have.

then you get to the second part, and you spend 20 mins arguing over which was the correct symbol, all while getting ragdolled and slaughtered every time you try to stand on one of the pads. for the last time, Xx_420_D4nksc0p3_xX, it was THE F**KING SQUARE WITH A CORNER MISSING, NOT THE ONE MISSING THE MIDDLE BIT!!!. you then somehow get through the pad puzzle, once the randoms have remembered how shapes work, and it's onto the hijack. this goes the same for absolutely everyone: you spam CC and everything is fine until BAM! - here comes Vay Hek, the G3 and a shish-ton of Grineer about to ruin your day. as usual, anyone who stands on a pad gets rekt, and the core gets blown up at LEAST 20 times trying to get past this point. most raid groups have given up at this point putting you back to square 1.

then comes the final stage, assuming everyone hasn't rage-quit by this point, and it's round 2 of the "who can run around with a battery the most" contest! meanwhile, Vay Hek and an entire Grineer legion are bombarding the shish out of you all, and even CC spam isn't cutting it. you spend the next 30 mins trying to set off the chimneys of hell so Vay Hek comes down to fight. at which point, several team-mates get killed, because even with their Meta weapons, they can't hit the broad side of a barn, but they eventually manage to kill him. it's over... it's finally over...

and you get an Arcane you never wanted, which sends you into a bloodthirsty rage and causes you to immediately disband the squad. you ask yourself why you even bother playing Warframe in the first palce and you proceed to throw your controller in frustration, smashing it against the wall and having to order a new one off of Ebay.

did I miss anything....?

TL:DR: Raids never go as planned, and doing raids with randoms is about as effective as trying to kill the Jordas Golem with a feather duster. which reminds me, I should do one of these for that Trial too! it's be so much fun! AHAHAHAAHAH!

Spoiler

I should mention, this never actually happened to me personally, but it did to a couple friends of mine.

4 hours ago, FLEXXIMUS said:

Hello all,

I heard that warframe has raids now (why not rip off something from the blatantly-warframe-insipired Destiny) and i don't know how to start them.

I believe there are two in the game but no quest leads me to them and all the YouTube videos walk you through once you've already started them.

Noob question for sure but i just don't know....

1. Join Warframe Raid Schoolbus on Discord to learn raids and get teams that will not ragequit almost no matter what you do.

2. ???

3. Profit.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

1. you praise RNGsus, who has been giving you nothing but Endo and lenses for the wrong school in Sorties, and you beg and plead for him to give you at least a half decent arcane on your first completion.

3. after finally crafting the key, you go to invite your friends, but they're all offline or preoccupied, so you have to resort to recruiting randoms, making sure to only ask for high MR players, because you are of the narrow-minded belief that MR = Skill, and you know you won't be able to carry noobs on your first playthrough.

4. you start the raid, and within 5 minutes, everything goes to shish: you've got one guy AFK, god knows where he went, while the rest of your random teammates are too focused on trying to get the most kills ion the endless swarms of level 80 Grineer, completely ignoring the battery, and on the occasions they pick it up, they don't get it to the Toxin Injector in time. you try to get the doors open, but none of them want to stand on the pads. this stage takes about half an hour longer than it should have.

then you get to the second part, and you spend 20 mins arguing over which was the correct symbol, all while getting ragdolled and slaughtered every time you try to stand on one of the pads. for the last time, Xx_420_D4nksc0p3_xX, it was THE F**KING SQUARE WITH A CORNER MISSING, NOT THE ONE MISSING THE MIDDLE BIT!!!. you then somehow get through the pad puzzle, once the randoms have remembered how shapes work, and it's onto the hijack. this goes the same for absolutely everyone: you spam CC and everything is fine until BAM! - here comes Vay Hek, the G3 and a shish-ton of Grineer about to ruin your day. as usual, anyone who stands on a pad gets rekt, and the core gets blown up at LEAST 20 times trying to get past this point. most raid groups have given up at this point putting you back to square 1.

then comes the final stage, assuming everyone hasn't rage-quit by this point, and it's round 2 of the "who can run around with a battery the most" contest! meanwhile, Vay Hek and an entire Grineer legion are bombarding the shish out of you all, and even CC spam isn't cutting it. you spend the next 30 mins trying to set off the chimneys of hell so Vay Hek comes down to fight. at which point, several team-mates get killed, because even with their Meta weapons, they can't hit the broad side of a barn, but they eventually manage to kill him. it's over... it's finally over...

and you get an Arcane you never wanted, which sends you into a bloodthirsty rage and causes you to immediately disband the squad. you ask yourself why you even bother playing Warframe in the first palce and you proceed to throw your controller in frustration, smashing it against the wall and having to order a new one off of Ebay.

did I miss anything....?

TL:DR: Raids never go as planned, and doing raids with randoms is about as effective as trying to kill the Jordas Golem with a feather duster. which reminds me, I should do one of these for that Trial too! it's be so much fun! AHAHAHAAHAH!

Reveal hidden contents

I should mention, this never actually happened to me personally, but it did to a couple friends of mine.

10/10 would read again lol 

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

did I miss anything....?

Reveal hidden contents

10/10 would read again lol 

5 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

did I miss anything....?

Reveal hidden contents

This is one of the funniest comments ever and soooooo reminds me of the raids in destiny.

Absolute quality.