Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

my issues with conclave

(PSN)chibi_matatabi

I have two issues with conclave atm, both of which are being brought up in the current 'quick steel' event going on in consoles...

1, teaming in free for all

2, point theft

that's really it, and are pretty self explanitory

I would greatly appreciate it if DE removed the oro system in free for all, its a great system for team based firefights, but not so much for free for all

(slightly pissed how first was 21 oro, 16 kills, 15 deaths, second was 16 oro, 19 kills, 13 deaths, and third was 16 oro, 19 kills, 15 deaths) 

32 minutes ago, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

I have two issues with conclave atm, both of which are being brought up in the current 'quick steel' event going on in consoles...

1, teaming in free for all

2, point theft

that's really it, and are pretty self explanitory

I would greatly appreciate it if DE removed the oro system in free for all, its a great system for team based firefights, but not so much for free for all

(slightly pissed how first was 21 oro, 16 kills, 15 deaths, second was 16 oro, 19 kills, 13 deaths, and third was 16 oro, 19 kills, 15 deaths) 

100% agree free for all is just terrible with oro 

Oh Christ, not this thread again.

On 2/4/2017 at 3:43 PM, SevenLetterKWord said:

How difficult can it be to understand that securing Oro is an important aspect of gameplay?
Just touch the Oro to collect it. It's not like you have to solve a Sudoku puzzle.
Are you going to get it every time? No. Are you going to steal others' Oro sometimes? Yes.

Spoiler
13 hours ago, WingedDragonofRa said:

the whole oro thing is the reason I rarely play conclave, conclave can be fun but it gets annoying when there's a player running around stealing all the oro and wins with 0 kills

I have literally never seen that happen, and I defy you to produce evidence otherwise.

6 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Oro was removed from melee kills. Now it's just there to avoid snipe-camping and encourage actual movement.

This wording is misleading. To clarify, melee kills still produce Oro, but the Oro is automatically claimed.
From U20 notes:

On 3/24/2017 at 11:46 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Oro is now automatically received from melee kills in Conclave.

Edited by SevenLetterKWord

they should honestly get rid of the free for all and replace it with more team based game modes like a dominion or area capture mode, and then move the free for all to a variant so if you want to play it you can. i like the moving capture point from doom, i think that might be cool

23 hours ago, Darkvramp said:

they should honestly get rid of the free for all and replace it with more team based game modes like a dominion or area capture mode, and then move the free for all to a variant so if you want to play it you can. i like the moving capture point from doom, i think that might be cool

Or, you know, keep the one mode that people actually play and replace the other modes like capture the cephalon. Or maybe provide some actual detail instead of assuming everybody knows what you mean by one or two words.

Just now, Phasedragon said:

Or, you know, keep the one mode that people actually play and replace the other modes like capture the cephalon. Or maybe provide some actual detail instead of assuming everybody knows what you mean by one or two words.

I say this because the game is coop for most of it, and then there is pvp, which is barely played by anyone, so making it more team oriented might bridge the gap and get more people playing

Another big issue is that recruit conditioning is not a good measure of the rest of conclave. With it on you may be very good but as soon as you turn it off there is such a gigantic skill gap. There is no in between there to help bridge the gap. You either play with the top tier players or you play with people that are just getting started. There is a skill curve there but it is unfair if playing with the recruit conditioning on is not representative of the rest of the game mode. Not only is it unfair to the people that want something more challenging than recruit conditioning, but being unchallenged when being matched against new players when you are the top of conclave must feel incredibly unrewarding.

That is one of my biggest grips so far in about 2 weeks of playing conclave every day.