Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low Performance Since 9.0

Zrams

This is very similar to the problems I'm having. Solid for a while, then starts dipping from solid 60 (with vsync) to 40-50 randomly - it doesn't matter what's going on on screen could be an empty corridor or a room full of enemies, appears entirely random.

Yeah I've seen that too.

Feels like a video memory overload. Like the game isn't unloading stuff, or its not utilising all the availible VRAM. I've got 4GB, so it really shouldn't be running out. 

• 2 weeks later...

I use to play this game at max minus Local Reflections with a pathetic GT 620 for about 30-35 frames. Since U9, I was getting stuttering and was forced to lower everything. I have since upgraded to a GTX 650 and everything is smooth at max. I may be using a more powerful card, but I still feel the underlying performance issue persists.

I hope update 10 smooths it out more. Just a quick update, I've installed the beta driver for my AMD radeon 7770 and it seems to have boosted my performance a little. I'm getting at most 50 frames but it still drops. I'm pretty sure, for me, that its most likely the amount of enemies on screen (as seen on the weekend survival event, after 15+ minutes or so enemies are spawning significantly faster and more appear on screen causing my fps to drop and my computer to heat up more).

Edited by crivers

I hope update 10 smooths it out more. Just a quick update, I've installed the beta driver for my AMD radeon 7770 and it seems to have boosted my performance a little. I'm getting at most 50 frames but it still drops. I'm pretty sure, for me, that its most likely the amount of enemies on screen (as seen on the weekend survival event, after 15+ minutes or so enemies are spawning significantly faster and more appear on screen causing my fps to drop and my computer to heat up more).

Well there's your problem...you're using AMD.

Edited by Gigatron-Prime

Unconstructive. Take that attitude elsewhere.

Agreed. Though I have to say, AMD 7770 is an entry to mid range card. So expect it not to give the best performance out there. Also, this game is highly affected by CPU performance (Not very dependent on GPU). When I turn down my clockspeeds on my Intel 2600k I instantly notice an fps drop and stutter/spiking increase. So my GTX 570 is rated mid to high range and should run this game very easily (even with lowered clocks) though if I just turn down my CPU speed slightly I can instantly see a performance drop.

Edited by R3leaZ

Plenty of fps drop here, too.

Mostly on xini and such maps, where many objects/beeg rooms are present.

The interesting thing is I see the most stutters / hangups / frame loss on maps and in areas where there arn't a lot of enemies or drops it seems highly illogical. which is why I'm still of the opinon that a lot of the problems come from the game no unloading rooms that are no longer occupied. 

You do know that the only 'servers' Warframe has are the account / content ones right? All games are hosted peer to peer, which means that one member of the squad hosts the game, and all the others connect directly to their machine. Any lag you are experiencing is more 'host lag' rather than 'server lag'. 

Though as you say, if the game really is only connecting you to instances you have a 100ms or less connection too, you shouldn't be seeing any connectivity issues. 

Absolutely true.

And if there is something wrong in the hosting code for clients, it wont matter if that client has a high ping/latency or a low one.

Bad hosting code can choke it out.

So, yeah, might not be their servers, but there is definitely a code change from 8 to 9 cause I lagged extremely rarely on other hosted games, now it is every game I join.

Edited by Joviex

Went into Void after playing Olympus for a couple hours. My 40-45fps dropped as soon as the loading screen started and I was stuck playing at 5fps. GPU usage never rose above 7% (stayed around 3%) but VRAM usage was constantly 98%. I didn't catch the system memory or CPU usage. Closing other 3d applications didn't help.

Textures were loading lowres to highres back to lowres repeatedly (most noticeable on my frame), some areas were loading with dev textures before the actual ones popped in, and going through any door resulted in a black screen until I passed through it.

The host was fine and while another player reported the same problem, they got back up to speed during the mission. I returned to full fps once I returned to the lobby.

Win7, Phenom II 920 @ stock, 8GB RAM, GTX 560ti 1GB @ 1680x1050 with high settings on x86 DX9.

Edited by Rand0mNumbers