Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low Performance Since 9.0

Zrams

ive noticed a serious fps hit since this update aswell had to turn off all extras and drop from high to low settings in order to get playable frames

where b4 i could have everything maxed and still not drop under 60 most of the time

and im not even going to get into the new lag and connectivity issues im having

amd phenom2 x4 3.4ghz

24gb 1600mhz

radeon 6950

Edited by dragonslayer667

Same here, FPS drops at random times yet when it's stable I perform well even with 40-60 enemies on screen and plenty of particles flying everywhere. Recently I can't even connect to a game. I keep my Ping limited to the 250-350 range as any higher in this type of game causes actual visual aim-latency.

ive noticed a serious fps hit since this update aswell had to turn off all extras and drop from high to low settings in order to get playable frames

where b4 i could have everything maxed and still not drop under 60 most of the time

and im not even going to get into the new lag and connectivity issues im having

amd phenom2 x4 3.4ghz

24gb 1600mhz

radeon 6950

I've had to do the same thing pretty much. Now I'm forced to play on the lowest settings save for color correction.

I have also been getting fps drops on certain parts on a misson after the update. I've also been having alot more trouble forming a squad wih my clanmates. We usually have to play around with whom will be host and we have to relog a couple of times before we can actually get it to work.

/bump

Same noticeable graphics performance loss problems after Update 9. Nova's M.Prime and Vauban's Vortex have crashed the game straight to desktop a few times. While the PC community funded the Playstation/Console development side, I hope that it does not mean we lost our optimization with it. Otherwise you're going to fall into the 'horrible port' category of games and this will be over before it starts.

Warframe Stand-Alone Client (Non-Steam)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit SP1

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @4ghz

8GB RAM

GTX 670 4GB FTW+ @1920x1080 -60Hz  Fullscreen and Borderless Fullscreen (GeForce v.320.49, 7/1/2013) (PhysX v.9.13.0604)

CPU/GPU water cooled.

Cable High Speed Internet.

Other comparable games that run fine still:

Borderlands 2 w/PhysX Max

The Secret World

Tomb Raider 2013 w/TressFX Max

Star Trek 2013

Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Battlefield 3

Batman Arkham City

etc...

I think the biggest thing they need to do besides reworking warframes and adding new content is to improve the performance of the game, I have the game on the lowest settings and turned of direct x11 and 64bit in hopes of bumping my frames up a bit. The highest i can get is 40 frames but that doesnt last long at all. The lowest frames i've gotten was 5, 5 frames

Guys this is not resoluble by by changing settings so don't bother with messing around with driver settings and game settings. The game is simply poorly optimised for full hardware utilisation, both my CPU and GPU have hardly any usage under my testing, so its up to Nvidia/AMD to make driver profiles for Warframe or DE need to optimise the graphics engine, either way its out of our hands.

P.S. i have the same problem where changing my graphics options in game have little effect (~5 FPS improvement from max to min settings) and there are no bottlenecks present in my system so i can confirm that its the engine not your hardware/drivers.

FYI my system specs are i7 3930K @ 4.4Ghz, Asrock X79 extreme9, Corsair Dominator 16GB quad channel 2133Mhz and ASUS GTX 670 DCII @ 1228Mhz and 6808Mhz on memory (typically the GPU runs at 915Mhz when running Warframe due to low utilisation).

I see I'm not the only one...

What happens with me is a 2 or 3 second-long frame rate drop out of nowhere, it's like I'm playing with hiccups 

Now I've been getting these two the past couple of days -_- It's almost as though the game is corrupting it's own asset files.

Now I've been getting these two the past couple of days -_- It's almost as though the game is corrupting it's own asset files.

I feel you

Been having the same hiccup like framerate on a high-end PC. Ended up becoming inactive in the game itself, I moved on to other games till the crashes and performance issues are fixed or I come back for events.

i have the same problem my graphic card is going extream hot and i start see a white dots , and this never happen in other games , like wow , CODW3 BF3 and LOL . i am 100 % sure that my graphic cards cooler system is working just fine , but with warframe its all defrent . and the fps lagg is F*** as hell , and all the time i got this wierd fps drop from 60 to 20 -25 then it goes up again , and other times it goes down and stood there . i hop they fix this problem soon.

I'm suspecting that the new UI is behind the problems.

Possible evidence to support that: 

At the main menu..

tcj0.jpg

And with just the contacts overlay open...

muqa.jpg

As you can see I'm losing 9 frames just by having the contacts open. And that wasn't the initial spike after opening it either mind you, that was after I left it to stabilize for a few minutes. 9 frames isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things, but I shudder to think what opening the marketplace, and then opening friends over the top would do for example. 

The GUI might not be the root of our problems, but it's certainly not helping. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think one of the reasons why my frames are severely dropping is that there is too many enemies on the map, I don't think any of the de-spawn if the players are extremely far away. I mostly notice this in mobile defense missions, defense missions, and boss runs but they still occure in every other mission regardless

I think one of the reasons why my frames are severely dropping is that there is too many enemies on the map, I don't think any of the de-spawn if the players are extremely far away. I mostly notice this in mobile defense missions, defense missions, and boss runs but they still occure in every other mission regardless

I'm actually consistently impressed by my performance on mobile defense and other high-traffic maps. The bulk of my drop still occurs when: 

~ I host. Hosting one other player usually looses me about 5 frames. Two and it cuts my framerate in half. Three and it halves it again.

~ When in the void. Even with local reflections turned off, I still lose about 20 frames over a comparable capture mission. Gold and marble must be really graphics intensive :P 

~ In perfectly ordainary - unassuming capture / spy / rescue missions. It seems to happen at the strangest of times. Usually when there's at least one enemy on-screen but not often when there's a large crowd. 

I've contacted support about this and one of the support people suggested to turn everything to low, disable dx 11 and 64 bit. I've already did that before and the most I can get is 40, he stopped talking afterwards. It seems that support doesn't have a solution yet to this problem, I think the most we can do is help give out more information so they can fix these issues

I've contacted support about this and one of the support people suggested to turn everything to low, disable dx 11 and 64 bit. I've already did that before and the most I can get is 40, he stopped talking afterwards. It seems that support doesn't have a solution yet to this problem, I think the most we can do is help give out more information so they can fix these issues

Hi crivers, I've just been looking over your logs. Would you happen to be using an Ember Warframe or playing with someone who is Ember when this issue occurs? Particularly when World on Fire is being cast.

You also mention that you are using an AMD Radeon 7770 GPU however your DxDiag shows that your system is equipped with a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 so I am not entirely sure which one is accurate.

Would you happen to be overclocking? If you are then I suggest running on stock and see if that improves performance.

If all else fails then you may want to try lowering the game's resolution. Maybe try lowering the resolution while also running it in windowed mode.

Edited by DE_Dmitri

Hi crivers, I've just been looking over your logs. Would you happen to be using an Ember Warframe or playing with someone who is Ember when this issue occurs? Particularly when World on Fire is being cast.

You also mention that you are using an AMD Radeon 7770 GPU however your DxDiag shows that your system is equipped with a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 so I am not entirely sure which one is accurate.

Would you happen to be overclocking? If you are then I suggest running on stock and see if that improves performance.

If all else fails then you may want to try lowering the game's resolution. Maybe try lowering the resolution while also running it in windowed mode.

I do not have an ember but I have a friend who has an ember, hes using a trinity now but when we played with him using his ember, his WoF didnt really tank my FPS too much although I think the fact there is so much particle effects happening all the time, it could be the cause of it. What I've been noticing is that if a there are a lot of enemies on the map at a time, maybe in an area or far away from the players, my fps would drop significantly and it would sort of stay like that throughout the mission. Like for example, playing on a Kiste severely drops my FPS because a lot of enemies are on screen at a time, even when we are done defending the artifact, it stays at a low fps all the way towards the end of the mission.

My dx diag may say that I have a gts 450, but I'm actually using a AMD Radeon 7770, I removed my GTS 450 a few months ago and replaced it. My radeon 7770 is superclocked but my cpu isn't overclocked

This is getting ridiculous. My rig can run games like Tomb Raider 2013 or Far Cry 3 at 40fps average at high settings and I get really low framerates in Warframe, sometimes even as low as 12fps. I adjust the game to the lowest graphic settings, turn off directx 11, use 3rd party game boosters, and even turn off Windows Aero but the improvement is very minimal. I remembered playing this game without a glitch, what happened to it?

My system:

Phenom II X6 1090T 3.20GHz

16GB of RAM

Nvidia GTX 560

Windows 7 64-bit

use 3rd party game boosters, 

Never ever.

Ever.

None of these do anything - at the most they might try and trim down unessacary processes - something you can do yourself far more securely via the task manager. In most cases these bloatware just slow down your system further. 

the most noticable fps drop is on void mission:
- the large room with 4 stairs, 4 switches and 2 lifts. my average 40-60 fps could drop into around 10 fps. even in 800x600 with every effects turned off doesnt change the framerate.
- the room near the extraction room with 3 doorways. around 20 fps.

this S#&$ never happened before update 9.

and if they tell us to upgrade our vga driver, that's ridiculous.

update: the certain void rooms are now wont drop my fps into mariana trench aka fixed. good job guys!

Edited by valkrein

For me the game works decently but it gets a massive fps drop randomly, it lasts from 15 sec to 3 minutes. lowering the graphic settings helped me a bit but I still have the same issue.

This is very similar to the problems I'm having. Solid for a while, then starts dipping from solid 60 (with vsync) to 40-50 randomly - it doesn't matter what's going on on screen could be an empty corridor or a room full of enemies, appears entirely random.