The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets us vote for changes!

(PSN)ImmaTrueSpartan

They talk about it before in streams and DC actualy got to see it before ( in streams ) and actualy give it a name sometimes.

But who does not like a good surprise from time to time ^.^ 

Correction thanks to Melos ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

3 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

not entirely true only a few frames get shown off to the DC and named by them

We usually have an imput directly or indirectly since Nova, regarding name. With the only exception wukong.

(in doubt regarding nezha)

Name for infested frame was asked, but no poll. They also went with themes of frames people suggested starting with Nova the theme that won in a poll.

15 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

They talk about it before in streams and DC actualy got to see it before ( in streams ) and actualy give it a name sometimes.

But who does not like a good surprise from time to time ^.^ 

Correction thanks to Melos ^.^ 

^

1 minute ago, jmthebigman said:

We usually have an imput directly or indirectly since Nova, regarding name. With the only exception wukong.

Name for infested frame was asked, but no poll. They also went with themes of frames people suggested starting with Nova the theme that won in a poll.

That's one warframe and how long ago did Nova come out. And Atlas was based off of Tifus Idk how his named was spelled but Atlas didn't come out like him and I thank them for that cuz Atlas is my favorite frame, but Wat im saying is how do u know if the one we vote on jux isn't an idea not the frame. I want to vote on a frame. Like finished concepts that they came out with and post all of the pictures and abilities and have something like who dobu want more out of like three frames. And 1 and 2 can come one after the other and throw away the third one since nobody really wants it.

6 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

I know how the DC works I'm on it too and looking back in the archives most of the 30+ frames we have were not named or created by the DC

30 minutes ago, (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan said:

Before DE's decision on a warframe. They should have a political vote. Like get some concepts together and have us vote so next time we get a warframe were not surprised and maybe let down in the future.

It's called the Tenno Council.

2 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

I know how the DC works I'm on it too and looking back in the archives most of the 30+ frames we have were not named or created by the DC

Now u know most of those frames was changed from the original concept now I can say Zephyr want changed except for its sex it was originally a male right. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan said:

That's one warframe and how long ago did Nova come out. And Atlas was based off of Tifus Idk how his named was spelled but Atlas didn't come out like him and I thank them for that cuz Atlas is my favorite frame, but Wat im saying is how do u know if the one we vote on jux isn't an idea not the frame. I want to vote on a frame. Like finished concepts that they came out with and post all of the pictures and abilities and have something like who dobu want more out of like three frames. And 1 and 2 can come one after the other and throw away the third one since nobody really wants it.

More than just Nova.

4 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

a big portion was prior, also when they asked for the next frame. (which became nova. they had a poll with a few themes after suggestions) I guess you can find that one.

5 themes were listed in a poll. Eventually they added them all.

Just now, (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan said:

Now u know most of those frames was changed from the original concept now I can say Zephyr want changed except for its sex it was originally a male right. 

zephyr's name sake was a fan concept that was male

DE took inspiration from the concept and then made a wind frame based off it that they made female and more avian looking but kept the name as respect for the fan concept

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan said:

Im jux saying we should get to vote on one out of like three finished frame. That's all. I jux hate that we jux have to settle with whatever comes out.

So you want them to make 3 first and vote... then they might as well add all 3 at once.

Also voting on such things is limited to the Design Council.

Edit: then again you can make a suggestion and if allot of people back it, DE might use it just like how Zephyr was created.

Edited by jmthebigman

1 minute ago, (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan said:

Im jux saying we should get to vote on one out of like three finished frame. That's all. I jux hate that we jux have to settle with whatever comes out.

making that many finished frames takes a lot of time and a lot of resources and would be a waste for them to make 3 but only keep one, if they were to make 3 frames to completion they might as well release all 3

there is a reason why Nyx uses the old female Excalibur model and its so the resource didn't go to waste

There is a lot warframes inspired by legends and myths of many countries. I like that. About new frames? Well, something from slavic of native american folklore would be nice. As far as i know - there is no frames inspired by those mythologies by now.

3 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

zephyr's name sake was a fan concept that was male

DE took inspiration from the concept and then made a wind frame based off it that they made female and more avian looking but kept the name as respect for the fan concept

That's what im saying sometimes we actually want the one that was made not created off of the idea. Like Chroma omg I loved his concept art then when he came out i was like what is that I wanted a dragon they changed his powers and look he had nothing that the concept art had at all jux his idea of a dragon.

2 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

So you want them to make 3 first and vote... then they might as well add all 3 at once.

Also voting on such things is limited to the Design Council.

Edit: then again you can make a suggestion and if allot of people back it, DE might use it just like how Zephyr was created.

Ur mistaking my words three concepts that are finished not three already made warframes. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan said:

That's what im saying sometimes we actually want the one that was made not created off of the idea. Like Chroma omg I loved his concept art then when he came out i was like what is that I wanted a dragon they changed his powers and look he had nothing that the concept art had at all jux his idea of a dragon.

except Chroma is not based off that fan concept and that fan concept alone, at the time there were numerous fan concepts and threads asking for a dragon themed frame, DE made one based on a collection of those different ideas

4 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

except Chroma is not based off that fan concept and that fan concept alone, at the time there were numerous fan concepts and threads asking for a dragon themed frame, DE made one based on a collection of those different ideas

Exactly u jux named the facts picking off of bits and pieces of everyone's dragon instead of jux making us vote and have one in the game. Ur saying exactly what I want people the see. They need to use the frame and not jux ideas.

Okay jux so everybody knows im talking about we should have three concepts to choose from that we know their going to use not ideas. And another point im trying to get is why jux get and idea from a fan concept rather than taking all that time trying to change it. Yea yea ik some people should want some money for using it but theirs some people that jux want to see their frame in the game. Yes ik that some people jux want money.  

23 minutes ago, Karriq said:

There is a lot warframes inspired by legends and myths of many countries. I like that. About new frames? Well, something from slavic of native american folklore would be nice. As far as i know - there is no frames inspired by those mythologies by now.

Man I wanna see some Greek times weapons in the game like the falcata, Spartha, Shield and Spear, Spartan or Roman Warframe. I love that time and period in history. Make an Ares frame that make people fight each other. Something from that time period we have nothing in this game from that time period but Atlas the Titan of Strength, but I never knew where the gorgons gaze came from or jux manipulation the earth. That supposed to be Gaia and Medusa. Its only one power he has that's really his and that's the punch.

Edited by (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan

16 minutes ago, (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan said:

Exactly u jux named the facts picking off of bits and pieces of everyone's dragon instead of jux making us vote and have one in the game. Ur saying exactly what I want people the see. They need to use the frame and not jux ideas.

except A there can be potential legal issues with just taking work from fans (especially fans who have no clue how to make something that will fit the art style of the game, I'm sorry but the "dragon" concepts art style did not come across as one that matched this game) and B DE's artists need work otherwise they get fired, if we just took only fan concepts from here on out the art team that has helped give warframe its identity would be gotten rid of by the company C while some fan concepts are amazing (like the zephyr and typhus ones) the majority of them are really not that good

Well, there is a fine  line between inspiration and copy\pasting a mythological character. And i like to play atlas btw, he seems to be a bit underpowered to me.. but im playing it anyway :) And about weapons, yeah,  it was odd, DE released an inaros without introduction of egyptian weapons and atlas without introduction of greek\roman ones, while   there is a lot of chinnese weapons for Nezha and Wukong