Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which is a good assault weapon to go for?

Goowie

Question

I am making Oberon and wanted a new primary to support him, have till Saturday when he is done. Wondering a good primary to use, have been using sniper rifles and bows but want a faster weapon. Any Advice?

10 answers to this question

I and a lot of others I know use THIS doc as a general guideline for which weapons are "best", just keep in mind, stuff is all subjective. It might help you get a feel for what weapons would work best for you.

Personally, in terms of primary weapons, I switch between the soma prime and tonkor.

I main Oberon, and my go-tos are Supra, Kohm, Javlok, and Lanka. The first 2 are just generally fast weapons that don't need much more of an explanation. Javlok is also decently fast, but definitely not any kind of bullet hose. It's amazing for corpus, but I advise against using it on armored enemies without a backup weapon. Lanka probably isn't the speed you're looking for, but I think a gas build on it is worth mentioning, because it has raw power, punchthrough and AOE from gas procs, which lets it have a very high kill rate with its raw power. Lanka is also the weapon I generally recommend most for Oberon, because using it with Smite lets you knock down enemies to hit your shots and build your combo more easily, while Smite is also far easier to hit while scoped in with extra zoom.

In addition to those, I also have weapons like Dera vandal, Quanta Vandal, Ignis Wraith, and Harpak on standby and occasional use. I got builds and Oberon-related stuff for everybody. Feel free to PM or @ me if you want.

I recommend trying to get your hands on a Braton Prime, as it's a fantastic and simple gun to use. Almost a must-have IMO.

Tigris is an excellent shotgun. Even the basic version you buy the BP for in the Market is more than enough for anything you'll ever have to kill. Even though it's an MR 6 gun, it should 100% be on your list of guns to get. It's outdone by its Prime and Syndicate variants, but is still very powerful.

Ignis is a cheese gun and it hurts my soul to recommend it because I hate it, but it's fairly effective throughout the star chart. 

Hek is another shotgun that does extremely well for itself. When modded correctly it can dish out absolutely absurd levels of damage. Should be right next to Tigris on your list of things to grab when you can.

If you like bows, then I would recommend the Attica and Zhuge. They're automatic crossbows and they're fairly different from one-another, but both are good. Attica is a good weapon for crit builds, and Zhuge benefits more from status builds. I personally prefer Zhuge because I like status a whole lot. 

(i wouldn't follow breadcrumbs to random lists around, you'll be disappointed with how shallow they all are, and the objectively wrong information that they... all tend to have - sadly misinformation being rampant in this game doesn't even begin to describe)

anyways, if you want a good Automatic Weapon, you're ideally looking for something that has good Crits, Status, and Base Damage. there's many choices for Weapons which do everything(everything being the 3 things listed previously).
if you look at an Automatic Weapon and it has all of these things, then you know for sure that it is a good Weapon. there are some others that focus more on one of these three legs, and those can be very effective too. but having all 3 legs makes it better than everything else.

with this information you can surely look at your options at any given time, and decide for yourself what will suit you.

Edited by taiiat

How advanced are you in the game?  What do you have Rivens for?  Keep in mind that most shotguns can be final build/end game ready with four or five polarized slots, most rifles need six or seven.

Hek is easy to obtain and mod and powerful enough to last the entire game.  Explosive weapons (Zarr, Tonkor, etc) are extremely effective at inflicting lots of damage on groups.  But it sounds like you want a spray and pray bullet hose, in which case I recommend Supra.

16 hours ago, Goowie said:

I am making Oberon and wanted a new primary to support him, have till Saturday when he is done. Wondering a good primary to use, have been using sniper rifles and bows but want a faster weapon. Any Advice?

Mostly I like to give him:

Sancti/Tigris/Prime because "Paladin with a Double-barrel Shotgun!"

Soma Prime or Karak Wraith because "Deer with an Assault Rifle!"

And Zhuge because "D&D Paladin/Druid multiclass" r.p.

Cheers!
~R~