Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how do you unlock more warframe/weapon slots?

W01fe

Question

im just curious if this is possible to do without platinum?  found out i didnt have anymore weapon slots today so i sold my mk-1 braton i had just maxed (starter gun figured it was fine) to claim my boltor rifle.  

this worries me for the future.  I need more slots, but outside of platinum i have no idea how to aquire such a thing.  

im saving up for destiny 2 on pc, cant spend money on plat right now.

Just now, W01fe said:

mr 4 so shouldnt be an issue, and im in a clan now as well.  mr 4 is going much slower, assuming its due to me not ranking up items as often?

if you want to rank up, alway be ranking something, weather it be primary, secondary, or melee, i usually do that and i reached mr 13 pretty fast, but not really that fast, if you want max speed, rank up about 2 -3 at the same time

2 minutes ago, Kusungphak said:

I check a website called https://warframe.market/ to know the going rates. For example you dont want to sell a soma prime receiver as prime junk as it can go for easily 40-50 plat.

Also do note people buy prime junk a lot before Baro Ki’Teer arrives. As they need ducats to buy from him which need prime junk to be sold.

He arrives in 2 days so good time to farm those prime parts and make platinum on them.

great info.  seems like ill be bookmarking this site.  i think this answers all my questions.  how often does baro show up? once a month or something?

3 minutes ago, midtarget said:

if you want to rank up, alway be ranking something, weather it be primary, secondary, or melee, i usually do that and i reached mr 13 pretty fast, but not really that fast, if you want max speed, rank up about 2 -3 at the same time

ah ok, makes sense, and is definitely why i need to get more slots.  

just realized how potentially rare my excal prime is after dealing with all this stuff.  

Did you spend your starter plat already?

If you did, I recommend doing what I tell the newbies i coach :

FInd a gun for your level that's cheap and strong and able to carry you a long way. Then max it out. Then use it to clear the content and unlock everything. By then you will have access to good relics and missions where good stuff drops. Then farm primes and sell cheaply until you have enough for slots (slots are cheap!). Then add another solid weapon. Soon you will have enough to buy more slots and get more weapons and warframes. Once you're snowballing like that you'll have enough plat to spend on non necessities like cosmetics.

What you must not do:

Gamble your plat on investing, like in out of drop mods or prime parts.

Gamble on Rivens.

Waste all plat on shinies (a couple here and there when you have spare is fine).

And if you have not spent the plat, then buy a warframe slot and 2 sets of wep slots. You should be set for a while.

Watch out for events as those weapons can give you slots if you don't like them (usually they are great free upgrades for newer players).

1 hour ago, W01fe said:

ah ok, makes sense, and is definitely why i need to get more slots.  

just realized how potentially rare my excal prime is after dealing with all this stuff.  

Woah you have a Excal Prime... :shocked:.

It cannot be sold but if it was allowed but it will be quite valuable.

I am a new player started playing starting of March 2017 only but I have traded a lot in game in other games. Looks at my 300 dollar inventory in CSGO :blush:

-- Regarding your question. For warframe wiki everything as information ingame can be quite scarce. 

Baro arrives every 2 weeks. Last Baro was my first experience with him. I went to see what the fuss was about and saw relay completely flooded with players trying yo buy stuff from him. Then I understood what ducats was and why people even bother with prime junk. Got my first Primed mod from him.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Baro_Ki'Teer

1 minute ago, Kusungphak said:

Woah you have a Excal Prime... :shocked:.

It cannot be sold but if it was allowed but it will be quite valuable.

I am a new player started playing starting of March 2017 only but I have traded a lot in game in other games. Looks at my 300 dollar inventory in CSGO :blush:

-- Regarding your question. For warframe wiki everything as information ingame can be quite scarce. 

Baro arrives every 2 weeks. Last Baro was my first experience with him. I went to see what the fuss was about and saw relay completely flooded with players trying yo buy stuff from him. Then I understood what ducats was and why people even bother with prime junk. Got my first Primed mod from him.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Baro_Ki'Teer

yeah, founders pack in 2013, old account, old player, but i stopped playing early in the game life (for reasons i no longer remember) back when dual heat sorts were godly.  

so i have excal prime :P, ash, and loki as well.

this is good to know, you all have been very helpful honestly.