The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migration - Splitting up Players

MrM1

So, I was playing with a friend in a public group with 2 other people and we played a defense mission. After a few waves the 2 randoms decided to leave, my friend and me decided to stay though. After a quite long host migration, I noticed that I suddenly was alone in the group, now facing all those enemies alone. Same happened with my buddy. We got separated from 1 game into 2 different games, after a host migration.

Why? What is the point of that?

7 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

So, I was playing with a friend in a public group with 2 other people and we played a defense mission. After a few waves the 2 randoms decided to leave, my friend and me decided to stay though. After a quite long host migration, I noticed that I suddenly was alone in the group, now facing all those enemies alone. Same happened with my buddy. We got separated from 1 game into 2 different games, after a host migration.

Why? What is the point of that?

The same exact thing has happened to me on two instances. 

This used to never happen to me, but a few patches ago it started happening somewhat frequently to me and a friend. Sometimes one of us disconnects momentarily, but most of the time it's just a random host migration for no reason...which leaves us having to restart the mission because we can't get back to each other.

Just now, Cat__Nap said:

This used to never happen to me, but a few patches ago it started happening somewhat frequently to me and a friend. Sometimes one of us disconnects momentarily, but most of the time it's just a random host migration for no reason...which leaves us having to restart the mission because we can't get back to each other.

This also happened to me but the fact that some people get separated into completely new games, alone, even though they all started in 1 single game, disturbs me the most.

6 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

This also happened to me but the fact that some people get separated into completely new games, alone, even though they all started in 1 single game, disturbs me the most.

Yes, the separation is what I'm referring to. We always end up in separate missions that somehow have the same progress as the one we were both previously in. But you can't invite one another to your mission most of the time, because the objective will be too far progressed so a "new" player can't join. It's really bizarre.

I even had one game where I extracted out of a defense a few days ago, and was host, and instead of host migrating, it kept the game going on for my friend - he didn't even know the timer was up, because somehow he ended up in a completely different time even though we were literally in the same mission. His timer was like 2 minutes behind, so he didn't get the option to extract when I did. 

Something's a bit wonky with hosting lately, I think. :I

34 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

Heh... So i'm suffering from a bug atm (have a support ticket) where if I use the F6 screenshot key either I get separated into my own instance, OR if I'm host the rest of my team (including my GF who is playing in the same room IFL as me) if kicked into their own instance leaving me alone...