The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please do something about enemy CC?

LycanPT

6 hours ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

i know what long survival will do to you if you dont have cheese. also aside from naramon you can use nova, banshee sonar with silence, go build a lockdown build etc. 

but this is not because of enemy cc at that point anyone will one hit kill you regardless if enemy has cc or not. this is when you spend a whole clip on one enemy, this is when you dropped without knowing who hit you. 

if you have talking about enemy scaling then yeah i will agree that sucks but enemy cc? 

if enemy starts killing you and being knocked down means death then extract because you already have reached the capability of your build and loadout.

thing is when things are kinda fine if you just keep moving and have sustain weapons and boom you get chain cc'd, sometimes all it takes is an arson eximus to start the chain, and have you ever had the joy of have a couple of those timming their explosions? rofl there was one time I took around 20 sec's to get up on my feet again and luckly wasn't dead because I was playing chroma. my most problematic experiences don't happen when I'm fighting the enemy directly, is when you need that clutch revive, Life support, hack, etc because dying to CC might be more rare it doesn't mean it is fine as it is. THing is you spend a lot of time being annoyed by CC and that's exactly my point, it is a mechanic that the way was made was just to annoy you and not to create a real degree of challenge

1 hour ago, Madotsuki said:

In the end, Warframe is a mindless horde shooter with tons of content and almost zero depth, a knee-deep ocean if you will. I've long since given up hope of any complex AI or interesting enemy types, they'd just die instantly to overpowered player gear or be forced to become bullet sponges, and imbalance is just a thing that's going to stay, because it's far too late to remodel the game to fit any form of complexity. All we can hope for are small quality of life changes that make the annoying parts of the game slightly less annoying, and just find ways to tolerate or bypass the rest.

you know that I feel the same about this game, after you have all the stuff you reach high MR, there is really no reason to really keep playing this gme up until next update, the lack of motivation to go endeless combined with the lack of interesting gameplay due to mindeless bullet sponge enemies, I feel if WF adressed the joy you actually have during gameplay it could retain its players for longer, as of now I just load into my missions to get something to make plat so I can buy other stuff, the WF gets you stuck on getting everything unlocked, but in the end content runs out and what we are left is this profile and loadout filled with all the things we collected, mods fully leveled and a lack of a new goal. The gameplay has a ton of nice effects that makes you wow and woah but after a certain time you start to see the leaks, enemies don't get smart, they don't try new things, they just go to your direction and open fire or melee mode full charge ahead, and higher level we have the same behaviour from those units, except they can now take more shots, are more accurate and deal more damage, and that's it

4 hours ago, LycanPT said:

thing is when things are kinda fine if you just keep moving and have sustain weapons and boom you get chain cc'd, sometimes all it takes is an arson eximus to start the chain, and have you ever had the joy of have a couple of those timming their explosions? rofl there was one time I took around 20 sec's to get up on my feet again and luckly wasn't dead because I was playing chroma. my most problematic experiences don't happen when I'm fighting the enemy directly, is when you need that clutch revive, Life support, hack, etc because dying to CC might be more rare it doesn't mean it is fine as it is. THing is you spend a lot of time being annoyed by CC and that's exactly my point, it is a mechanic that the way was made was just to annoy you and not to create a real degree of challenge

ok dude cool story

it's not THAT bad as the OP puts it - the only few times it gets annoying are some sorties in par with some conditions. the rest of the time, keeping the battlefield in ones sight and not standing around like an ox before the cart helps enough to prevent those knockdowns (even without using the appropiate mods we have for this).

so no, the enemy cc don't need to be changed imho - the game is already easy enough in book, and should rather be made more difficult (not in cc-terms though, the old ping-pong game between ancients and birdies wasn't fun for sure ^.^)

On 4/7/2017 at 10:08 AM, .Re-light. said:

Hm, that first line is only possible if you are sleepwalking. Most CC you talk about has  already been balanced/nerfed from how some of it started from. The only "newer" ace foes got on us are Nullies and even those are very manageable. 

Now if this is a post about a need for more varied CC from enemies with actuall flashed out ideas, I might upvote. But you got to be careful what you with for. 

However, if this is about just "their CC toooo stronk"... well someone said it above, I won't repeat. If it is that, I wish I could downvote, game is easy enough!

You also got mods that will make you resist most of knockdowns if you really, really, really... wanna walk around like a Japanese tourist with a camera.

The CC isn't strong its annoying. The only issue when it comes to anything being strong is when you get pulled into a toxic ancient. Most of the harpoons and shockwaves get overly spammed.

As for mods it feels like you have to drop any power advantage you can squeeze out just to get up a little faster or have a chance at ignoring CC. Hard to ignore several CC's being spammed at once.

You probably play in different map areas that don't have to deal with that most of the time so you don't have much experience being batted around like a cat with a yarn ball. Grineer and Corpus don't suffer the CC spam problem. Infested do and when i'm trying to get materials for crafting and i have to fight infested you have ancients and MOA's all over.