Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Warframe Devs, <3 (An Open Letter on Operators)

Fallowsthorn

2 hours ago, Fallowsthorn said:

I'm two spots away from the Sedna Junction and then I'm going to play it ASAP. I'm pretty excited.

Don't play it immediately ! 

Before doing it you have to be sure you maneuver correctly with the Archwing and that you have a loadout (and customization of you favorite warframe) that handles effectively powerfully armored enemies. 

Also when you start it, be sure to have plenty of time to play through it in one go as it can be pretty long and better experienced through and through without stopping. 

And final note, it is mostly a solo play focused quest so make sure to be prepared for this as well. 

Other than those advices, I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing that even in such bad situations as the one you'll end up in, there is always a way to get back up. To me it is an oath to positivity and I hope it'll communicate that to you. 

2 hours ago, Cyriann said:

Don't play it immediately ! 

Before doing it you have to be sure you maneuver correctly with the Archwing and that you have a loadout (and customization of you favorite warframe) that handles effectively powerfully armored enemies. 

Also when you start it, be sure to have plenty of time to play through it in one go as it can be pretty long and better experienced through and through without stopping. 

And final note, it is mostly a solo play focused quest so make sure to be prepared for this as well. 

Other than those advices, I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing that even in such bad situations as the one you'll end up in, there is always a way to get back up. To me it is an oath to positivity and I hope it'll communicate that to you. 

Oh god does it make you do Archwing crap. Ugh. Thanks for the advice though!

30 minutes ago, Fallowsthorn said:

Oh god does it make you do Archwing crap. Ugh. Thanks for the advice though!

Just a little infiltration segment, it is not extremely hard, but having a good idea of how your Archwing maneuvers is something I'd recommend to not be disturbed by it. 

Well said, Fallowsthorn.

It was very daring of DE to eschew the universal "Boba Fett" effect for something much more specific, personal, and therefore potentially divisive.

I expect that they will continue this theme by showing that frames are an expression of our imagination given life and shaped by Void energy and harnessed through the Warframes.

The blueprints are copies of a specific Tenno's unique expression of his power that we now harness.

Yes, that would mean that like a composer with music, a true Tenno master could create his own unique Warframe...welcome to endgame...that DE could somehow make it so.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Yes, that would mean that like a composer with music, a true Tenno master could create his own unique Warframe...welcome to endgame...that DE could somehow make it so.

I mean, that would be really cool but wouldn't this require everyone who wants to do it to be good at 3d modelling and potentially animation, or else be naturally limited by a selection of pre-rendered body parts? Like, I would kill for a custom Warframe but the only thing I know about Blender is that I am truly terrible with it and haven't invested the time to get better yet.

18 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

An awesome idea but extremely hard to realize in game... In role plays though... Mmm... Food for thoughts... 

6 hours ago, Fallowsthorn said:

I mean, that would be really cool but wouldn't this require everyone who wants to do it to be good at 3d modelling and potentially animation, or else be naturally limited by a selection of pre-rendered body parts? Like, I would kill for a custom Warframe but the only thing I know about Blender is that I am truly terrible with it and haven't invested the time to get better yet.

With current tech, it would most likely be mix'N'match.

You already see the cosmetic side in relays...either this or a "morph" frame that adopts the look of other frames as it used their powers?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Update: just finished The War Within and loved it.

Various thoughts: most of the running-around-as-yourself takes place in the Operator's head, so idk how that's supposed to prove they're not disabled. Neither does the "return to the mountain pass" sequence. I sure can walk 500 feet up a hill in the snow, too, but that doesn't mean it won't put me flat on my back for the rest of the week.

Really loved... pretty much everything Ordis said. He's such a dork. "Ship fail-bot," bb, no, it's ok, we're not dead yet. Also, the Operator's sass gives me life and it was beautiful.

I'm going to murder whoever came up with those Orokin worm things.

As someone with severe depression, much of the Queens' dialogue attempting to "ravage you with despair" or whatever is... hilariously pitiful? It was kind of like someone trying to drown you by filling the room knee-deep with water. Like, buddy. Buddy. Step it the f*** up. In context, it makes sense, what with the Operator's background and all, but personally.... There is very little that you can do or say to me that is worse than what my own brain has already done. Watching the Queens whine at me is not that.

5QGztJU.png

Not really a big fan of the new mechanics, but eh, I'll live. I'll run Kuva Siphons in public or whatever so somebody who likes it can do it and I can play support.

Edited by Fallowsthorn

22 minutes ago, Fallowsthorn said:

just finished The War Within and loved it.

Yeah ! 

And as you talk about the queen's rambling, personally if my character hadn't had a voice, or if I could have chose t the reactions a bit more,  I personally would just had been shrugging at everything she said about the past. 

To me past is past, it is something to remember, though it is nothing to whine about what's done is done and there's nothing to do about it. In a way the defeat of the Queen is kinda the win of moving forward instead of drowning in what has been lost. 

(little question about the pass, what did you do at the end ? What did you chose ?) 

Just now, Cyriann said:

(little question about the pass, what did you do at the end ? What did you chose ?) 

I destroyed the Kuva blood thing. I would probably have drunk it if I was the only person to be affected, but it strikes me as kind of screwed up that you have a Magical Stick of Slavery, are friends (or at least friendly) with the person enslaved by it, and you don't just give that person the staff immediately. Destroying the Magic Slavery Juice is the next best option.