TyrannosauRayz

Question

11 answers to this question

Aura: V polarity so... rifle amp if im using rifle o.O

Exilus: Ice Spring cuz .... why not ;3;

Mods:

-Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude for strength

-Vitality, Steel Fiber for survivability and the ability 

-Narrow Minded, Primed Con for duration ( we'll need a lot duration for ability 2 and 3

-Primed Flow and Rage for extra energy

(i got 5 forma on chroma tho

Also, i am using arcane grace for health regenerate o.O

Edited by LaquaceS

This build is pretty much for casual and team play. Just cast Elemental Ward and touch an ally to give them a buff for a while.

This build is pretty decent, you can swap out Primed Vigor with Rage or whatever you would like haha. Nothing is ever 100% perfect, so feel free to experiment around.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294244595204882433/299792880497852416/IMG_6db74bc4-cfd3-4a45-9ce1-f547cb77a3bf.png

Going to Hek in a hand basket trying to get the images to display, lol.

Edited by (XB1)Old Mans Regret
Phone is lighting on fire trying to type a post.

Grace and Guardian are the two standards ones, yeah. Iirc in the big testing thread the guardian armor did get added before the Ward + Defiance calculations, and is multiplied by them.

My main addition would be to consider Energy Overflow and Growing power in your build. It's a rather large chunk of power Str, and while it'll be a bit awkward at first, you'll become accustomed to them pretty quickly. 

The main point of debate of Chroma mains is Vitality versus (prime) Vigor. If you don't have a mod to increase shield capacity, you won't get Defiance fully stacked in one go. Imo, I'd rather have Vitality and just pile on more power Str to get to the point where the vanilla shields give me enough armor in one go.

Don't get too hung about an on-paper "best tank" setup, and try to keep in mind what is practical. 

Honestly though if you've got arcanes (mainly the Grace), you're going to be fine. It's a huge difference to still have that passive sustain once your sentinel goes down. Main thing to keep in mind about Grace is that you can roll spam while intentionally taking damage to safely trigger it even when very low on HP due to how rolls work. 

This is my 0 forma build.

I rarely play him but it seems to fit the general requirements for a "Tanky" Chroma.

Spoiler

4A55A6E59E1EA83CB1C27AD5AB7F191DF3BC7D84 (1680×1050)

Health, Armor, Rage, @400 Shields.
I'm always a big fan of max efficiency. 

If I end up getting the Deluxe Skin I'll probably hit him with some forma to go with the lower range higher duration build.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!
~R~

40 minutes ago, --Sin-- said:

So the tank chroma build is for solo. I've seen your answer. Thanks guys. Another question. CC chroma? chroma in a squad build ? 

EDIT: Simply the squad build chroma is range, str,eff? 

Easiest squad build (at least, if you're used to solo-chroma) is to take your solo tank chroma and find room for Everlasting Ward, then make sure you're getting close enough to your allies to spread the benefits of your elemental ward to them..

Effigy also has some potential as a source of CC and Damage, as well as to draw fiire from squishier teammates, though you may need a better efficiency for that.

Something some "optimized" groups seem to overlook is having someone that doesn't go down and can take the heat for a while if need be. 

Which is exactly a Tanks job, eh?! 

So if you have both the CC and a Damage boost frames already then you're good there and it's all about surviving and using your weapons to kill everything or accomplish the mission. Better a live Chroma than a downed Banshee/Saryn/etc.

Also, updated (4 forma) build (due to Deluxe Skin, woot!)

Spoiler

9BE273AFFF4DCD85FF1358FBBE08F118309F19BA (1680×1050)

F4AEA6136F736D4BEB8E1B4FC47F1970D91AAC2A (1680×1050)

Edited by Rolunde