The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Problem still not solved

(PSN)CaulusOuranos

There is value in what CaulusOuran said. In defence mode we can stay or leave every 5 waves. Playing with other players online is also fun, but sometimes reasons and stamina just urges you to end it. So able to extract while the other continues sounds good.

There is always the option to recruit like-minded players in recruitment chat. If you think about it from a game mode perspective, how would pausing the game every 5 minutes to decide whether to leave or stay make sense? Would the decline in air supply pause while players make their choice? Or would it continue to dwindle in the background (as it should)?

Spoiler

Just playing devil's advocate here.

The OP is correct. 

Your solutions ignore the common issue. 

I recruit a group that agrees to do 60m. 

At minute 35m player A realizes holy S#&$ I have class/work whatever.

Player A needs to leave BUT rest of team is set on doing the agreeded upon 60m. 

Your solutions do not address this scenario (which happens often IMHO). 

Player A is not being a jerk, RL happens. However, the team dosent want to just end the run. 

DE this problem I really hope gets addressed. 

Allow all duration matches to have an extract checkpoint. Where individuals can leave on their own. 

Excavations have the same issue and I would LOVE for DE to fix this. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

The OP is correct. 

Player A is not being a jerk, RL happens. However, the team dosent want to just end the run. 

DE this problem I really hope gets addressed. 

Allow all duration matches to have an extract checkpoint. Where individuals can leave on their own. 

Excavations have the same issue and I would LOVE for DE to fix this. 

Be responsible for your actions. If you buy a 1 yr CD from a bank and then needing that money 6 months later because of real life issue, the bank isn't going to refund you. They'll penalize you. If you agree to go 60m, but real life happens, either go AFK or quit out. Real life.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

The OP is correct. 

In the case of your example, if Player A was that irresponsible to not realise they have class/work/whatever before agreeing to a 60min run, then that is their problem. As stated above, they can either AFK or just abort the mission.

In the case where an unforseen IRL situation arises, I would think just aborting would be in order.

Yes in that scenario player A ducked up. How does that strip him of his agency in leaving the match while keeping rewards?

How does allowing a leave hurt anything? If he aborts his team us still down a person. If he has to abort he will definitely, but if you are 40 minutes in it's stupid to lose everything for that. Same with excavations.

It's not the players responsibility to work around the game.

By you guys logic we should remove extracts from defense too. 

On 4/7/2017 at 9:25 AM, (PS4)abbacephas said:

There is always the option to recruit like-minded players in recruitment chat. If you think about it from a game mode perspective, how would pausing the game every 5 minutes to decide whether to leave or stay make sense? Would the decline in air supply pause while players make their choice? Or would it continue to dwindle in the background (as it should)?

Reveal hidden contents

Just playing devil's advocate here.

The idea for individual extraction in survival does not call for the pause with option to stay or leave screen every 5 minutes, but rather when a player needs to go they run the the standard highlighted extraction zone and then they individually are given the option to extract. It's a large issue that needs to be addressed.

It goes the other way as well with wanting to stay longer but two players hit the extract and started the count down. Both sides of this get screwed.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc