Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment Mods for weapons introduced in "The War Within"

Zoh_Veldae

First and foremost, thank you very much for taking some of your time to read this post of mine.

As the title implies, this is a suggestion to add Augment mods for the selection of weapons that were introduced with "The War Within" quest.

I've only ever seen 1 or 2 of these weapons being used by players and I feel that maybe some Augment mods would be good to improve their utility and ultimately their usage. This will also double over as an additional reward from completing Kuva Siphon/Flood missions, which as far as I've noticed are exclusively completed for the Kuva and nothing else.

Most of these mods aim to improve unused weapons and/or add unique mechanics. It is worth noting that, since some weapons were designed with old pirates in mind (namely the Zarr and Twin Rogga) I had the idea to pick up on that theme and also name some mods after piracy-related terms.

Here I leave a list of the Augment mods I suggest. These are not final in any way and may be subject to change should it be necessary:

Name: Buccaneering

Polarity: Naramon (-) 6/7/8/9

Effect: Projectiles on both Cannon and Barrage mode have a 25/50/75/100% chance to ricochet off surfaces.

Associated Weapon: Zarr

This Augment to the Zarr would serve to add a new way to use its Cannon mode to try to pick off enemies in hard-to-hit spots. It would also serve to make the Barrage mode reference the fact that it requires the Drakgoon weapon to construct. It would make sense that the resulting weapon would still retain some characteristic of its components.

Name: Hornswaggling

Polarity: Madurai (V) 6/7/8/9

Effect: Shots have a 10/45/60/75% chance to ignore armor and shields.

Associated Weapon: Twin Rogga

The Twin Rogga are often considered a badly designed weapon, due to its damage being overall reduced by its slow fire rate and very, very small magazine size. This Augment aims at giving this weapon a unique armor-piercing mechanic to make its few shots count.

Name: Swashbuckling

Polarity: Madurai (V) 6/7/8/9

Effect: Attacks have a 10/45/60/75% chance to strike twice.

Associated Weapon: Kesheg

To be perfectly honest, I have never seen this weapon used at all. It seems unique in its own way, but something just keeps it from being used as much as, say, the Lesion or the Tipedo. My hope is that this "melee multishot" effect might bring the Kesheg up to these weapon's standards.

Name: Ascetic Blood

Polarity: Vazarin (D) 6/7/8/9

Effect: Enemies killed will grant 2/4/6/8% of their combined maximum health and shields as over-shields.

Associated Weapon: Orvius

While not a weapon associated with the Grineer Queens, the Orvius was also introduced in "The War Within". It is my belief that it would merit an Augment as well.

Name: Pillage

Polarity: Naramon (-) 6/7/8/9

Effect: Enemies killed have a 25/50/75/100% chance to drop additional loot.

Associated Weapon: Broken Scepter

Even thought this weapon already has a unique activated effect built in, the method of use is not really adequate in the middle of intense firefights. Hopefully, this would add an alternative mode of obtaining extra drops without having to lock ourselves to using Nekros or Hydroid.

And for now, this is all I have to show. The objective, as stated before, is not to just change the weapons but instead to add to their utility and give another purpose to the Kuva missions. All these mods would probably feel better as Rare and slightly difficult to get.

Should any of the Augment characteristics feel off or simply wrong, you are free to add your thoughts and reasons to a reply. This is all a work in progress and this is just the first draft.

Once again I thank the readers for taking some time to give attention to this post. I hope it is understandable and I am always open to any suggestions or differing points of view you may eventually have.

Have a good one.

Edited by Zoh_Veldae
typoes

That'd be great to have an augment that will bring like the syndicates have per few minutes or seconds it will give some stylish fight to each weapon, and surely to add some more stats that will buff a little bit each weapon, like Orthos that will have some whirlwind augment for an example that will do a some sort of 'Tornado' for few seconds and it will buff crits or dmg. I really like the idea to be having augment mods for the weapons ingame.

I love the idea regarding Broken Scepter, it can actually be tied to "greed" or some other S#&$ associated with Grineer queens. Sick tired of having "farm frames". Why can't we have frames with decent kits and weapons used for farming instead? Smh.

I don't think Orvius actually needs an augment, it feels pretty unique and great as a glaive on it's own. 

Sadly, making Twin Roggas ignore armor still won't fix them being terribly obnoxious to use. If I wanted an augment for those, I would've wanted it to make Roggas more comfortable to use and not feel like a considerably worse Tigris.

I also honestly don't think Zarr needs to bounce, I don't want a cluster Tonkor, that will become obnoxious to use. As of now with the range of explosion and cluster nades, I don't think it is hard to hit any enemies period. As for Barrage, Dragkoon has a lot less spread compared to that. I can't think of any actual benefits of having ricochet on barrage atm.

I kinda like that thing with Kesheg as well, since that weapon honestly needs some love, it looks fantastic. But something about that "augment" feels off for me. I think it actually needs straight up stat buff instead of augments like that. The damage it has right now does not compensate lack of both crits and status.