Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Controller Issue

Dauragin

Okay, I know most of you PC gamers are going to hate me for using a controller to play a PC game, but I apologize for I have started playing shooters on consoles and as I grew up I switched to the PC Master Race because I now have the money to afford one. So please don't hate on  me so much haha.

Anyways, I'm using a PS4 controller on my gaming laptop, and before I used my controller on my desktop as well, it has basically the same specs, I just needed a laptop because I'm away from home, and I've noticed that when I use a controller (via DS4 Tool) there is a weird sensitivity when I aim the stick up and down. The left and right stick controls seem to be at the right sensitivity, but when I look up or down, the sensitivity is much slower. This makes it hard for me to track enemies who are coming closer to me. 

I just wanna know if you guys, DE, have any plans on improving your controls. 

Also this game is out for the consoles too right? So why is there a lack of controller button mapping? I can't seem to get a setting that would allow me to do a roll with my controller or switch to the alt/secondary fire of a weapon. Can you at least apply the console controller settings that you have on the PS4 and Xbox One on PC to make us previouse Console games who have switched to the PC Master race more options. thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Gildarts_bb said:

you can change your look and aim sensitivity in options there are 2 different ones, one for mouse and one for controller, and you can also map your controller buttons under options customize controller. 

Yes I know, I have done that. But I don't think you understand my statement. 

when I move the stick UP and DOWN, the sensitivity is slow, but when I move the stick LEFT and RIGHT, the sensitivity is fast. You get it? Looking up or down has a much slower sensitivity than looking left or right. And there is no option for that sensitivity in the game. Just for looking around, aiming, and scoped. there's not Y-Axis or X-Axis sensitivity setting.

Plus, there are a limited amount of buttons on a controller, and it doesn't allow you to use L3 or Left Stick for both Sprint or Roll, you gotta pick only one. I don't have roll mapped on my controller. I feel like i need to buy a controller with extra buttons (scuff) just to map those actions.

Edited by Dauragin

There is a way to remap you controller scheme though. Literally the second option on the first tab on options: Customize controller.

Even more, if you use Steam you can use Big Picture mode to play exactly like on controllers. And the options for it are actually less free than for the standard version.

Also, I use Sprint/Roll on my left stick... O.o

Edited by NightmareT12

On 4/9/2017 at 10:10 PM, NightmareT12 said:

There is a way to remap you controller scheme though. Literally the second option on the first tab on options: Customize controller.

Even more, if you use Steam you can use Big Picture mode to play exactly like on controllers. And the options for it are actually less free than for the standard version.

Also, I use Sprint/Roll on my left stick... O.o

how did you set the left stick to roll and sprint at the same time?? I couldn't seem to get the roll and sprint on the same mapping :(

18 hours ago, Dauragin said:

how did you set the left stick to roll and sprint at the same time?? I couldn't seem to get the roll and sprint on the same mapping :(

Sorry for the late response

33vxH4R.jpg

HZ4ybk1.jpg

Tap to roll, hold to sprint! :) (remember you can toggle the sprint too, if you want)

4 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Sorry for the late response

33vxH4R.jpg

HZ4ybk1.jpg

Tap to roll, hold to sprint! :) (remember you can toggle the sprint too, if you want)

oh yeah, i figured it out yesterday lol it's quite hard to sprint and roll, sometimes I intend to run but end up rolling and it messes up my gameplay. I might just have to get used to the controls scheme, I guess.