The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed thing up!

Fallen_Echo

So my idea is pretty simple.

You know how you have to wait in object/point defense modes for the next wave to start right?

Now i want that to be eliminated. We need an interactable console in these game modes what activates a "super" alert and changes enemy spawn behaviour to the one used in survival maps.

It would make defense runs faster and those who want to reach a certain enemy level will reach their play level faster.

What do you guys think?

36 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I get what you're going for, but this is a complicated and kind of dumb way to implement more difficulty.

I really wish I could find that NG+ post from years ago.

Many of us wish for higher level nodes already, this could be implemented in a way that you can activate the console and vote if you want it or not.

We get stronger every year and the game is starting to feel like a slowly updated RPG, you got the best gear and amking it better every month the only problem is that the enemy hasnt got more powerful since last year.

I do not exactly wish for some insanely hard madness, i just wish for nodes with lv60,80 and 100 enemies.

1 minute ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Many of us wish for higher level nodes already, this could be implemented in a way that you can activate the console and vote if you want it or not.

We get stronger every year and the game is starting to feel like a slowly updated RPG, you got the best gear and amking it better every month the only problem is that the enemy hasnt got more powerful since last year.

I do not exactly wish for some insanely hard madness, i just wish for nodes with lv60,80 and 100 enemies.

Again, I said I get what you're going for, but your idea for implementing it is bad.

Spawning tons more Enemies at the same time unfortunately drastically increases the minimum requirements of the game.
while there's lots of things that Warframe(or any game) could do that are awesome (like very diverse intelligent AI, putting the pressure on with higher Density, Et Cetera), these are the sorts of things that generally kill performance the most Processor wise and it's really hard to make a profit selling a game that only people with a home super computers can play.

similar issue can be seen with VR games currently - adoption is low because there's few VR games, but not many will make VR games when the adoption rate isn't high enough to warrant investing in making the games as the expected customer base is too small. circle of despair.

and no, your (insert Processor name here) is not actually very powerful, games have plateaued on Processors for more than a decade. why are Players saying 'we want better AI' in like uh.... every game? because getting that really awesome AI to run on any Processor that a Consumer can afford, is... not possible yet.

(ergo why so many games, 'AAA' games in particular have been focusing on textures and other visual quality related aspects, as GPU's scale nearly infinitely in the tasks they perform and are capable of advancing much faster)

Edited by taiiat