Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Age of Exploration IC/Closed

(PSN)SuperShadic445

12 hours ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

Odin's eyebrows both popped up at the sound of the proposition. "You do have the proper qualifications..." he murmured. "..and we could always use another doctor. Amanda's being run thin through these recent Warframe runs." He got up from the side of the SUV and straightened himself to his full height

"What makes you want to join anyway? Tired of all the mundane tasks around here?" he asks.

"You got it right. I'm sick of kissing little boys' scraped knees and diagnosing urinary tract infections. Treating battle wounds was always my favorite."

7 hours ago, Drakeardian said:

Nick looked around, seemingly a bit lost in the conversation before replying "Ah, can I ask?" to the Trinity "Where did you find that suit guv?"

He then looked to Odin "Oh and ah...Name's Nicky Sharpe, Hacker and Merc at your service guv."

"I didn't find it. It's a family heirloom. Been passed down for generations, god knows how many."

1 hour ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

"You got it right. I'm sick of kissing little boys' scraped knees and diagnosing urinary tract infections. Treating battle wounds was always my favorite."

"I didn't find it. It's a family heirloom. Been passed down for generations, god knows how many."

"Oh..." Nicky blinked and scratched the back of his head before saying sheepishly "Sorry." 

He then looked around and asked "Anywhere I could by a bat from?"

19 hours ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

Diesel smirked at the display. 
"Right now actually." As he spoke, he walked over to a tarped object and pulled off the tarp. Beneath it lay a sleek Red muscle car that had been modified extensively. He unlocked the door and sat down inside the black leather interior and started up the loud, snarling engine. The engine resonated off the walls and died down some as it idled.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for hot wheels rivited

"Ah... right. A car. A loud one at that..." Penn seemed less than happy to get in it.

"Well, chasing Odin on foot is clearly too slow, Penn... Man up and get in the damn car, you princess." She chastised herself, with exagerated gesticulation, and took a deep breath before getting in.

12 hours ago, Drakeardian said:

"Oh..." Nicky blinked and scratched the back of his head before saying sheepishly "Sorry." 

He then looked around and asked "Anywhere I could by a bat from?"

"A bat?" He asked thinking for a second "You could try Lexi's. With all the crazy stuff she cooks up, I wouldn't be surprised if she had some sort of nuclear-powered warhead bat." He laughed

On 4/12/2017 at 9:30 AM, Arunafeltz said:

Forsythe bowed and tipped his hat to both the Trinity operator and Odin in turn. Odin needed no introduction to them, for his face and towering form was all over the billboards and flyers around the city.

"Recruits...?"

It may have been half a decade behind him, but Forsythe was an officer in one of the region's paramilitaries. He took no offense to the man's suggestion, but he certainly was no recruit. However, he was no stranger to field operation, and if that meant opportunities to discover Warframes first-hand, or perhaps even work alongside their operators like with the doctor before him...

"Why yes, you could say so, sir." said Forsythe. Lifting a hand in salute, he greeted Odin accordingly. "Captain Forsythe of the Westhaven Armed Forces, Precision Stratagem Unit. Most pleased to be joining you today with my new frie- comrades, here."

"Westhaven Armed Forces? So you've seen a bit of action eh?" Odin smirked "Now I know that you couldn't have come all the way to Central Haven just to join my little team. What's in it for ya?"

On 4/12/2017 at 9:13 AM, crimsonspartan1 said:

"We are indeed the new recruits, and judging by the guy's suit, it's pretty obvious that he seemed important, although if i'm quite sure, the trinity suit is mainly for female figures, but I suppose the suits can vary to different genders, right?"

"And what about you? What's your backstory?" He asked turning to face the less talkative of the three. 

7 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

"Ah... right. A car. A loud one at that..." Penn seemed less than happy to get in it.

"Well, chasing Odin on foot is clearly too slow, Penn... Man up and get in the damn car, you princess." She chastised herself, with exagerated gesticulation, and took a deep breath before getting in.

Once inside, Penn would find the noise from the engine to be almost non-existent. Diesel revved the car twice before accelerating out of the open garage like a ballistic missile. The car tore down the small hill in front of the building before screeching into traffic, just narrowly avoiding an oncoming semi truck. After a brief pause, the car continued onward at a much more reasonable pace. In the center console sat a myriad of small electronic screens giving off different readouts. The largest one in the center had an Isometric view of the city, with an arrow pointing in the direction they were traveling. 

"Looks like he's in Downtown Haven. Probably with the new recruits," he said glancing at the screen. 

On 14/04/2017 at 2:53 AM, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

"A bat?" He asked thinking for a second "You could try Lexi's. With all the crazy stuff she cooks up, I wouldn't be surprised if she had some sort of nuclear-powered warhead bat." He laughed

"I wouldn't want anything that crazy! just something incase I need for blunt force trauma." said Nick as he looked around, waiting for someone to call the group to order

"So...when's the meetup...and who are you?" he asked the stranger.

On 14/04/2017 at 4:59 AM, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

Once inside, Penn would find the noise from the engine to be almost non-existent. Diesel revved the car twice before accelerating out of the open garage like a ballistic missile. The car tore down the small hill in front of the building before screeching into traffic, just narrowly avoiding an oncoming semi truck. After a brief pause, the car continued onward at a much more reasonable pace. In the center console sat a myriad of small electronic screens giving off different readouts. The largest one in the center had an Isometric view of the city, with an arrow pointing in the direction they were traveling. 

"Looks like he's in Downtown Haven. Probably with the new recruits," he said glancing at the screen. 

Penn had reflectivelly grabbed the front panel in fear, as the vehicle rocketed down the hill, and narrowly avoided collision.

"Please don't do that..." she said, taking a deep breath, once they slowed down.

Then the woman turned her attention to the myriad of screens, checking each and every one.

On 14 April 2017 at 2:53 AM, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

"Westhaven Armed Forces? So you've seen a bit of action eh?" Odin smirked "Now I know that you couldn't have come all the way to Central Haven just to join my little team. What's in it for ya?"

"And what about you? What's your backstory?" He asked turning to face the less talkative of the three. 

Arthur turns to be the man.

"Me? Well i'm here for a better chance at survival, and to take part in this little recovery group, but I guess people like you would like more information then that?"

"For action, yes I have seen deployment on the field, and commanding of my platoons mostly on the western front." Forsythe replied. "But I'm a retiree now. Still, this old dog can still help out his force by finding new areas for weapons development - and the Warframe technology you're recovering seems to be a promising field for exploration."

Forsythe would have gone on a bit more about his family-owned private military contractor group that produced the weapons he spoke of, but the conversations were beginning to get drowned out by the noise of a rather loud high-performance engine mounted onto a sleek red automobile in the distance that seemed to be heading their way. He raised an eyebrow as he looked at it from over Odin's shoulder(quite an effort considering that his forehead was barely level with the large man's chest).

On 4/15/2017 at 1:51 PM, Drakeardian said:

"I wouldn't want anything that crazy! just something incase I need for blunt force trauma." said Nick as he looked around, waiting for someone to call the group to order

"So...when's the meetup...and who are you?" he asked the stranger.

"She probably has a couple of regular stuff lying around. As for me, the name's Odin; leader of the Recovery team and the city of Haven. " He replied. "And the meetup is right here." 

12 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Arthur turns to be the man.

"Me? Well i'm here for a better chance at survival, and to take part in this little recovery group, but I guess people like you would like more information then that?"

Odin turned to Arthur "I mean...it's up to you. I don't really mettle in other people's business."

4 hours ago, Arunafeltz said:

"For action, yes I have seen deployment on the field, and commanding of my platoons mostly on the western front." Forsythe replied. "But I'm a retiree now. Still, this old dog can still help out his force by finding new areas for weapons development - and the Warframe technology you're recovering seems to be a promising field for exploration."

Forsythe would have gone on a bit more about his family-owned private military contractor group that produced the weapons he spoke of, but the conversations were beginning to get drowned out by the noise of a rather loud high-performance engine mounted onto a sleek red automobile in the distance that seemed to be heading their way. He raised an eyebrow as he looked at it from over Odin's shoulder(quite an effort considering that his forehead was barely level with the large man's chest).

Odin turned to the familiar V8 shout heading towards them. "What is he doing here?" he muttered turning all the way around.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

Penn had reflectivelly grabbed the front panel in fear, as the vehicle rocketed down the hill, and narrowly avoided collision.

"Please don't do that..." she said, taking a deep breath, once they slowed down.

Then the woman turned her attention to the myriad of screens, checking each and every one.

Penn would find many of the screens were gauges for different parts of the vehicle. At the top was a smaller screen with what looked like 3D diagram of the car. Beneath that screen was a larger one with what looked to be a button. 

"There he is." Diesel said pointing to the small gaggle of people near the entrance of the city.  Diesel noted the vehicles as well, especially the massive semi.

1 hour ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

Penn would find many of the screens were gauges for different parts of the vehicle. At the top was a smaller screen with what looked like 3D diagram of the car. Beneath that screen was a larger one with what looked to be a button. 

"There he is." Diesel said pointing to the small gaggle of people near the entrance of the city.  Diesel noted the vehicles as well, especially the massive semi.

Penn quietly sighed in relief, that the ride had been on the short side.

"Cars are so not my thing..." she muttered, as they approached the cluster of people.

Unlike Diesel, she paid more attention to the people gathered there, not giving a thought to the vehicles.

She instantly recognised three of them. Odin, naturally, as she had been seeking for him, the doc, due to his warframe, and Sir Forsythe, who caused a degree of surprise in her.

"Seems like this recovery team interests not only scoundrels like me, but also high-society folk..." she pointed at the former recon officer.

Edited by Psychotoxin

Nicholas just looked as the ride suddenly arrived with the strange woman onboard. "Talk about a dramatic entrance

He then said to Forsythe "You got any idea what these warframes can do by the way and you got a gun in that cane?" he also asked Arthur "What do you think about these warframes also?" 

Edited by Drakeardian

"A gun? Not quite, but you're quite a sharp lad for suspecting as much, young man." Forsythe remarked, one gloved hand tightening around the ornamental bronzed grip of his cane for a moment. It was especially in times that like these one could not leave home alone without some... insurance. Speaking of which, he hoped that his vehicle would be safe enough for a day or two in that overgrown thicket just beyond the downtown gate.

"As for the Warframes, there exist records of various models and designs build to different specifications and specializations." he continued. "Several are said to harness what we commonly call the elemental forces, and that's something I'd like to see for myself."

"Well, I figured you gotta have some trick up your sleeve." said Nicky as fiddled with his turtleneck jumper's sleeves, rolling them up to his elbows to show a Tattoo on his right arm that looks like a rather intricate tattoo that looked like a circuit-board but the wires seemed to go further up the arm, he then placed his hands on his head. 

When the gentleman brought up the warframes, Nicky replied "You think there's a warframe that can hack reality?"

Edited by Drakeardian

"Hacking? Well I recall Warframe technology supporting suit-to-interface functionality similar to the high-grade military exosuits currently in use, but my limited records list nothing of a 'reality hacking' Warframe... or a hacking-orientated one for that matter." said Forsythe, stroking his short, pointed beard absentmindedly as he thought. "But considering that the very nature of Warframe powers bend reality as we know it, I wouldn't be surprised if such a specimen existed."

And what a fine specimen that would be, he thought.

"I think you're overvaluing the Warframes. Sure, this is an incredible piece of technology, even comparable to magic, if you ask me. But reality bending... A bit overboard." the doctor said, scratching his shaved chin. "Most extreme one I have heard of is a magnetic field controlling one. Some crazy S#&$, I'm telling ya. Damn thing can crush people." he muttered, shaking his head. He cleared his throat.
"I just noticed that I have yet to introduce myself. James Jakobs. You can call me Jim, or Jimmy, or Doc, or Trinity, or whatever the hell you want to call me. I don't really mind."

On 4/16/2017 at 3:44 PM, Psychotoxin said:

Penn quietly sighed in relief, that the ride had been on the short side.

"Cars are so not my thing..." she muttered, as they approached the cluster of people.

Unlike Diesel, she paid more attention to the people gathered there, not giving a thought to the vehicles.

She instantly recognised three of them. Odin, naturally, as she had been seeking for him, the doc, due to his warframe, and Sir Forsythe, who caused a degree of surprise in her.

"Seems like this recovery team interests not only scoundrels like me, but also high-society folk..." she pointed at the former recon officer.

"Well, to be fair, Odin technically is a politician first." Diesel replied.
The car made a wide u-turn and parked up next to Odin's Marauder. Diesel stepped out as the car came to a stop. 
"Looks like you left behind someone" He called to Odin, pointing at his passenger. 

Penn got out of the car, and politely nodded to Odin, before turning to Diesel.

"I doubt it counts as 'leaving behind', if one is not aware of having a 'tail'..." she said, her modified voice taking on an odd tone. One that might imply a smile under her mask.

Then she turned to Sir Forsythe, repeating the polite nod.

"I was under impression that someone of your caliber would find this whole Recovery Team thing trivial. I must say, I am, apparently, pleasantly mistaken." The manner of speaking, more akin to someone from middle-high class, felt odd to Penn, and she quietly wondered, why'd she chosen to use such wording.

"Ah, Miss Penn. What a delight to see you here for a reason other than being mortally wounded." the Trinity said with a smile, nodding his head at the woman. He folded his hands and leaned back on the wall. Except for that Forsythe guy, they all looked like a group of rascals. He was starting to somewhat regret his decision to join the recovery team. Oh well, it's probably too late to go back now.

"Okay, I gotta ask, whose big &#! truck is this?!" Diesel called to the group, pointing at the semi. 

"Does it really matter?" Odin asked looking up at it as well. 

Diesel shot the man a look. "I don't know if you remember or not. But my garage can't fit this thing!"  

Odin shrugged as he turned towards the group of conversing people. "All right, listen up!" he called out. "I assume everyone here is applying for the team, right? Well, we're going to head over to the testing site, where we can evaluate your abilities!"

Stepped over to his Marauder and sat down inside the monster, starting up the Turbo Diesel engine. 

"Let's get moving people!" Diesel called out, getting into his muscle car. The engine roared to life and idled as both men waited for the newcomers to get into their vehicles. 

Spoiler

Odin's custom SUV; Marauder 
Image result for marauder rocket league

Edited by (PS4)SuperShadic445

On 4/18/2017 at 4:51 AM, ShrimpOverlord said:

"I think you're overvaluing the Warframes. Sure, this is an incredible piece of technology, even comparable to magic, if you ask me. But reality bending... A bit overboard." the doctor said, scratching his shaved chin. "Most extreme one I have heard of is a magnetic field controlling one. Some crazy S#&$, I'm telling ya. Damn thing can crush people." he muttered, shaking his head. He cleared his throat.
"I just noticed that I have yet to introduce myself. James Jakobs. You can call me Jim, or Jimmy, or Doc, or Trinity, or whatever the hell you want to call me. I don't really mind."

"A pleasure to meet you, Doctor Jakobs. You seem to be a professional, and that means you should be addressed as such."

9 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

Then she turned to Sir Forsythe, repeating the polite nod.

"I was under impression that someone of your caliber would find this whole Recovery Team thing trivial. I must say, I am, apparently, pleasantly mistaken." The manner of speaking, more akin to someone from middle-high class, felt odd to Penn, and she quietly wondered, why'd she chosen to use such wording.

"The recovery of Warframe artifacts will be great advancements in both archaeology and weapons development. It's my honour to be a volunteer on that forefront, and to call those in the same field my comrades." Forsythe replied to the woman with a full sweep of his hat and a bow. Her rugged attire and striking mask gave quite the menacing impression, but she was a lady nonetheless, and deserved all the treatment a lady was entitled to.

But the pleasantries would have to wait for later. At Odin's announcement, Forsythe excused himself for a moment to send a quick instruction to his nearest manservant to make arrangements for his... vehicle to be moved into a private garage in Haven. But for the time being, he would have to hitch a ride. Opening the door of Diesel's car, he invited Penn back into the vehicle before approaching Odin's mechanic himself.

"Do excuse me for having to ride with you, my good man. Regretfully I have arrived here on foot with no car of my own." he said to him by way of request.

6 hours ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

"Okay, I gotta ask, whose big &#! truck is this?!" Diesel called to the group, pointing at the semi. 

"Does it really matter?" Odin asked looking up at it as well. 

Diesel shot the man a look. "I don't know if you remember or not. But my garage can't fit this thing!"  

Odin shrugged as he turned towards the group of conversing people. "All right, listen up!" he called out. "I assume everyone here is applying for the team, right? Well, we're going to head over to the testing site, where we can evaluate your abilities!"

Stepped over to his Marauder and sat down inside the monster, starting up the Turbo Diesel engine. 

"Let's get moving people!" Diesel called out, getting into his muscle car. The engine roared to life and idled as both men waited for the newcomers to get into their vehicles. 

Hide contents

Odin's custom SUV; Marauder 
Image result for marauder rocket league

"Heh, doesn't matter if my truck is in your garage or not. It's armoured enough and has enough safety locks to keep the truck or the supplies within the trailer safe and sound."

Arthur steps into his truck and soon awaits for the others to begin driving

11 hours ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

-snip-

"Yeah, but don't get used to it. I'm sure we all will have enough traumas to keep you busy soon enough." Penn threw a mock salute to the good doctor with a laugh.

1 hour ago, Arunafeltz said:

-snip-

The woman was taken aback by Forsythe's politeness, and could only answer with an unsure "Umm... Thanks..." before she sat back in the car.

"We off?!" exclaimed Nicky before he rushed towards his Hoverbike, leaping onto it, grabbing his motorcycle helmet with rabbit ears and putting it on his head before turning the ignition key to on for his Hoverbike.

The Engine whirred and it began to lift a few inches off the ground, enough to make some sand go outward from it and Nicky said as he tried to hack any of the cars communications with his PDA "Alright! let's ride!"