Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4668 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

On 4/20/2018 at 8:56 AM, (XB1)The Cripple X said:

First off, and most importantly, thank you for this thread and all of the hard work you have put into it! I'm rather in awe of what you've done here. Thank you for that.

Secondly, I have a request. Could you do "Glory, Glory" the University of Georgia fight song? It's basically just a riff on "John Brown's Body." Here's a link to the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IPqsC_uoFE

Obviously the horn fanfare isn't going to translate, but the basic tune might. I've been trying to get it to work on Octavia for a while, but I have zero musical talent or training. Even helps or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, it just doesn't fit.  You can fake it well enough with the Pentatonic scale, but you need two more notes below the bottom of what the Mandachord gives you.

On 4/20/2018 at 6:34 PM, Slayer_of_PCs said:

Dear Sir Buff00n... I've observed a disturbing lack of FUNK in this thread. May I humbly request that you... "Come on! Pack your bags! Get on up and jam y'll! Come along and ride on the funk now! Come along and ride along on a FANTASTIC VOYAGE!!"

I'd love to jam to this beat... The best section is from around 0:30 where they go from bridge to chorus. But feel free to listen to the whole song. It can only make your day more FANTASTIC!

Fantastic Voyage by Lakeside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1YjmXSyHa8

There's nothing really there in the break at 0:30.  I can do a vocal section perfectly, but it's not that funky so I did a second section just for the funk.

Fantastic Voyage (Lakeside, Double Shot): Mandachord (Original 1, Original 2)

On 4/21/2018 at 4:02 PM, Socarne said:

Hi, love your stuff been using a couple of your songs on my Octavia!

Do you think you could do one of these songs? I'm not experienced in this myself so I'm not sure if the first one is even remotely possible.

Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell 

Meat Loaf - Life Is A Lemon

That's a surprisingly long song.  I just found what I assume is the chorus:

Bat Out Of Hell (Meat Loaf): Mandachord (Original)

• Like 1