Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4678 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

19 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Definitely not what I was expecting.  

I can do the melody but I have to put the bass in a different key.  Maybe it doesn't sound weird?

Wrecking Ball (Mother Mother): Mandachord (Original)

It sounds really good, actually. Not quite what I expected, but it sounds good.

BTW Jay Z originally did 99 Problems, not Hugo (it's an old 90s hip hop song actually.) Figured the original should get credit. Here, I forget how much is different since I've been listening to the Hugo version in my Southern Gothic playlist lately.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5OmLmF239ojTzzERHaN981?si=WuJE3jwaQCiVTGufZj4k0A

The words are pretty different but it's an... interesting song. And I used spotify because omg was the original hard to find on youtube and this one is censored so... irrritating to me.

Time for me to request I think! I time it with Baro.

I thought about this one Brown Bird Song but I think it has some eighths in it and it sounds like it would be too complex or just have too "quick" notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8-LH_VUROk

I would like to request the devil's competitive part of the "rockoff" showdown in this link. (<3 Tenadious D, they are such a Dio parody band.) Or just any part if that can't be done.

9 hours ago, den2k said:

Can you make something from "Lucretia my reflection" by Sisters of Mercy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuezNswtRfo

The bass line would be enough but if you can squeeze something from the other lines for gameplay purposes it would be good. Thanks for the amazing and huge work, you'd deserve international fame like Malukah and Gavin Dunne.

I wonder if that will be possible, that's really slow. You might even want to not request it, because it would be a pita to go invisible too etc. Though sometimes it's just about being able to have the song playing so. I think that's one of their better songs, personally, they just have kind of slow music. That means you get less of it in the piece.

On 2018-05-03 at 7:08 PM, (XB1)Robotic Rufus said:

I'd like to request the Wii Shop Channel Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avMLHvLwRQ

Most people ask for the other Wii menu song, but this one I can do.

Wii Shopping Channel music: Mandachord (Original)

I think I like the slow version better, but maybe you want it faster?

Wii Shopping Channel music - fast: Mandachord (Original)

On 2018-05-03 at 7:40 PM, Fire2box said:

Fire Fire from David Michael Bennett 

https://youtu.be/21OGE8wC_O0?t=48

there's more instrumental sounds with the version from his band Steam Powered Giraffe. 

https://youtu.be/hZb_6_WfquU?t=50

I'll also accept the intro but I feel that would be rather sparse. though honestly, pub's can deal with it. 😅

Nailed it.

Fire Fire (David Michael Bennet): Mandachord (Original)

17 hours ago, den2k said:

Can you make something from "Lucretia my reflection" by Sisters of Mercy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuezNswtRfo

The bass line would be enough but if you can squeeze something from the other lines for gameplay purposes it would be good. Thanks for the amazing and huge work, you'd deserve international fame like Malukah and Gavin Dunne.

I can do quite a lot of the vocals.  When in doubt, do the part where they sing the title of the song.

Lucretia My Reflection (The Sisters Of Mercy): Mandachord (Original)

5 hours ago, VisceralScorn said:

Can you make that part that starts around @ 01:25 http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z9iw5

That would be great if possible.

The melody is... just one note?  I can't do the bass, so I guess I can't do this.

8 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

BTW Jay Z originally did 99 Problems, not Hugo (it's an old 90s hip hop song actually.) Figured the original should get credit. Here, I forget how much is different since I've been listening to the Hugo version in my Southern Gothic playlist lately.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5OmLmF239ojTzzERHaN981?si=WuJE3jwaQCiVTGufZj4k0A

The words are pretty different but it's an... interesting song. And I used spotify because omg was the original hard to find on youtube and this one is censored so... irrritating to me.

I got 99 problems but worrying about who originally wrote "99 Problems" ain't one.

Time for me to request I think! I time it with Baro.

Son of a... I'm Mandachord Baro?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8-LH_VUROk

I would like to request the devil's competitive part of the "rockoff" showdown in this link. (<3 Tenadious D, they are such a Dio parody band.) Or just any part if that can't be done.

Found both a Devil section and a D section I could do :smile: 

Beezleboss/The Final Showdown (Tenacious D : The Pick Of Destiny, Double Shot) : Mandachord (Original 1, Original 2)

Yes! I now dub you Mandachord Baro. It will forever be your name so you'll have to change it in game, naturally!

Going to listen to mine and the sisters of mercy one now because I'm reeeally curious how that turned out.

I wanted to do Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus but omg is that simplistic (when I was trying to learn bass, I deciphered the bass line on my own it was so sparse and easy.) and super super slow.

Edit:

For the devil's part (and I really should use timestamps) I was thinking more this part. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8-LH_VUROk

I love the Tenacious D part. I can hear the words in my head. Actually, I usually sing along to effectively invis with a song lol

My only complaint, and it is with the mandachord itself, is that some stuff comes out like an EDM or Techno version of whatever you put in. I might actually be able to add some stuff and make the part I linked though.

What I wonder is why they didn't add more song slots and mandachord sections when they added new instruments. Even if they charged for them I'd pay. 😕 I request a lot of songs, and often have to manually rotate them out if I want to change them since I am maxxed. Extremely frustrating. (But then, you manually enter in stuff all the time so why am I complaining?)

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

Wouldn't it be cool if they'd give you and some of the other creators a music library on the relays and people could go there and just place the songs the way song links are placed?

I'd happily help put them in, and I'm sure other people would too.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur
That would be insane to redo all those songs by yourself!

7 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Yes! I now dub you Mandachord Baro. It will forever be your name so you'll have to change it in game, naturally!

7hsDPmV.gif

For the devil's part (and I really should use timestamps) I was thinking more this part. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8-LH_VUROk

You just linked... the whole song?  The part I did was the only Devil section I could do.

What I wonder is why they didn't add more song slots and mandachord sections when they added new instruments. 

Huh?  Every instrument set comes with a slot.  I have 13 of them now.

Edited by Buff00n

46 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

7hsDPmV.gif

You just linked... the whole song?  The part I did was the only Devil section I could do.

Huh?  Every instrument set comes with a slot.  I have 13 of them now.

Yea I know I did, that was my fault. Ahh the only part you could do. Yea I suppose the other part might be too complex. The mandachord is limited. Anyway, I never actually link at certain times because I didn't know how but I guess you just get to that time and copy the address? 

No I mean, song slots, and more time on the mandachord. Like more pieces of the pie in the circle, from a visual standpoint, does that make sense? It's what 8 seconds now? What if they doubled it? No one would be required to use 16 seconds, like right now you can simply not use and extract some of the sections, but the option would be there.

I just have like a billion songs from up there I want to rotate through periodically, but that requires deleting one to manually enter the other. Unless I made like a bardic college and we all kept certain songs and just linked them if others needed them but... I don't see that happening. 😕

Also your graphic is broken. :(  I want to see what it is!

Edit: nevermind, I opened it in a new window and it worked. That is very baro_octavia. And kind of evil looking, that's a Mr Burns stance lol

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

30 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Yea I know I did, that was my fault. Ahh the only part you could do. Yea I suppose the other part might be too complex. The mandachord is limited. Anyway, I never actually link at certain times because I didn't know how but I guess you just get to that time and copy the address? 

In YouTube, you can pause the song where you want, right click in the time slider at the bottom, and select 'Copy video URL at current time'.  Or just add "?t=n" to the end of the URL, where "n" is the number of seconds.

31 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

No I mean, song slots, and more time on the mandachord. Like more pieces of the pie in the circle, from a visual standpoint, does that make sense? It's what 8 seconds now? What if they doubled it? No one would be required to use 16 seconds, like right now you can simply not use and extract some of the sections, but the option would be there.

You're confusing me by using the phrase "song slots", which is the exact phrasing the game uses to describe the number of songs you can have saved.  

Doubling the length would be a UI challenge, and also a back-end database challenge because it will double the space requirements for everyone's Mandachord libraries.  I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's probably more effort than they're willing to put into an optional part of 1/35th of the game that already works well enough.

35 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I just have like a billion songs from up there I want to rotate through periodically, but that requires deleting one to manually enter the other. Unless I made like a bardic college and we all kept certain songs and just linked them if others needed them but... I don't see that happening. 😕

Did you know you can use your A, B, and C appearance slots to save songs, too?  You can save a different song in each appearance slot and it doesn't take up an actual "save" slot.  And if you're rally hardcore, you can build a second Octavia and get three more appearance slots 🙂

There is a way to "export" songs.  If you put one of your songs in chat then that chat line gets saved to your EE.log file.  Expanded out, the actual song section has a little bit of formatting around a bunch of seemingly garbage characters.  I actually wrote a Python script to trawl through your EE.log file, pull out songs, mostly decode the format, and print out a "sheet".  Unfortunately, all you can do is print them out; there's no way to re-import except by hand.  Also, unfortunately, it only works for songs you yourself put into chat

42 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Edit: nevermind, I opened it in a new window and it worked. That is very baro_octavia. And kind of evil looking, that's a Mr Burns stance lol

That's the Ki'Teer "Presence" emote that Baro sells occasionally.

On 2018-05-02 at 7:21 PM, Buff00n said:

Sorry, I can't listen to all of that.  I skimmed through and found this.  

Beyond This Life (Dream Theater): Mandachord (Original)

If you want a different section then you're going to have to be more specific.

Yeah, Thank you very much this is amazing! 

If you will be able can you do the riff which this song starts on? 
Sorry for bothering tho...

Edited by Chinela21