Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura System Makes Sense (Sorta)

Einsig_SV

I kind of get what DE is trying to do here. They wanted to fix several glaring issues with the artifact system.

1. Energy Siphon.

2. Artifacts were so weak that the only way to get a meaningful benefit was from stacking them on every member of the team. An individual artifact did almost nothing, making everyone default to Energy Siphon, even solo.

3. Artifacts cost absolutely nothing besides a slot. Because they cost nothing, their power could not be anywhere close to noticeable. The only way to enforce a "cost" was to have the entire team use the same artifact, again removing the capacity for mixing. The only "cost" of the artifact system was being forced to overspecialize, not diversify.

4. No reason to go out and find duplicate artifacts. A duplicate artifact is totally worthless.

The new Aura system fixes those problems almost perfectly. (KEY WORD: ALMOST)

By establishing a cost (warframe power space) individual auras can be buffed to a much greater strength than the old artifacts. They actually cost you something tangible, so they can now give you a tangible benefit for that cost. Mixing auras for a diversity of team benefits is now effective and feasible, while you still have the option to get a very huge bonus for stacking an aura. (BTW, negative movespeed infested is teh lulz) Also, getting duplicate Auras is useful for the exact same reasons as getting lots of duplicate mods. Even after you max an aura, they're still okay as fusion filler.

But yeah, they did mess up one thing.

They cost a bit too much. While they start at a really cheap 2 energy, they go up to 7. I would have been okay with them at 5.

The polarity thing I don't necessarily have an issue with, but the base cost of the mods is overkill.

In my opinion, players on the forums are overreacting about the polarity "issue" (it's not an issue, just stop) and failing to take a closer look at this new system and appreciate it for how much better it is than the old system. There is a real, justified grievance over the high base cost of Auras, but that will likely see some touch-up later.

Edited by Ion_Sig

I think it works well. Now instead of everyone just taking energy siphon, I on my Banshee I take rifle amp and I'm happy with it. Also I no longer sigh with sadness when I see an aura alert. Besides if you want to take energy siphon there is always forma to customize you frames socket. 

Finally it gives Digital Extremes the opportunity to add warframe specific aura mods such as silence for banshee or contagion for saryn.

I'm all for the new aura slots but I agree that the base costs need to be lowered so it's actually possible to fit in those cards on a Warframe that's already pressed for mod points.

They also need to make Thief's Wit an aura and buff the hell out of it. It's just so... meh.

I don't care about Energy Siphon. I always brought Enemy Radar because EVERYBODY used Energy Siphon, and I need at least one Enemy Radar for general gameplay.

But now, I have to have a S#&$ton of mod points in order to use it on top of the other mods that take a S#&$ton of mod points.

Not to mention that my Rifle Amp and Enemy Radar, my most used auras, take a S#&$ton of mod slots and require different polarity symbols.

Right now, the only solution for me is to spend a S#&$ton amount of fusion cores on my auras and polarize my warframe a LOT of times, not to mention removing the polarity of the aura slot to make having two auras with different polarity symbols more forgiving.

Originally energy siphon was 1 energy every second. give or take with lag.

now it's not even that, you can't even MAX to get that >->

Everyone ran energy syphon because it was extremely useful.

I think Energy Siphon was 1 energy ever 2 seconds so .5 a second, therefore .6 is a slight buff.

Edited by Darkdemonx1

I think the current aura artifact system is great.

If your mod balance gets thrown off because you have to add 4 in there, then you gotta rethink your mods.

My Ember accepted the new Artifact just fine.

Ember%20mods2.jpg

I think the current aura artifact system is great.

If your mod balance gets thrown off because you have to add 4 in there, then you gotta rethink your mods.

My Ember accepted the new Artifact just fine.

It's gonna be a while before I can start min/maxing like you.

Before I start it, I don't want to be burdened with this like you are.

Oh, and it's not only 4 mod points that is taken up.

I switch between different mods, ones that have different polarity symbols.

You are assuming that everybody can just start min/maxing right off the bat, but right now I'm trying to rank my mastery up and farm in order to get what I need to START min/maxing.

Edited by Andral

I hate new aura system. Artifacts were something different, something free, something benefitial, yet not op.

Now its garbage. I have no intention to spare  warframe energy for something like that, I better level more mods.

Also, not everyone can/will polarize their slots. I won't polarize my loki until loki prime will happen. So thats just restricts me from using auras, because I do not have  that much energy capacity to spare for auras.

I hate this change, and I do not appriciate devs work in that direction. It did not make auras more useful, it restricted people from using those.

I hate new aura system. Artifacts were something different, something free, something benefitial, yet not op.

Now its garbage. I have no intention to spare  warframe energy for something like that, I better level more mods.

Also, not everyone can/will polarize their slots. I won't polarize my loki until loki prime will happen. So thats just restricts me from using auras, because I do not have  that much energy capacity to spare for auras.

I hate this change, and I do not appriciate devs work in that direction. It did not make auras more useful, it restricted people from using those.

Artifacts were a boring system that did not fit in with any other system currently in place within Warframe. Being that they were by far the most common ? alert, you would run it once for that artifact and never again. Why? Because there was no really any point in doing so. Now you gain a second card you can use for fusion, I know it's not much but it still better than nothing at all.

But even with all the changes, the result has really not changed all that much. All the new aura system really did was take the artifact slot, moved it on the the warframe while giving it a point cost, upgrade-ability and a range. This change takes the system from just having an energy siphon you never touched or thought about, to a mod socket that has an actual consequences for using. All this while making other cards more viable for your situation/warframes and making you choose an aura or extra point in a shield mod.

So in the end Auras are really a choice unlike the old artifact system. With only penalties for not using artifacts, they were a requirement. Now you can happily run no aura at all and still know you are doing everything you can to contribute.

Thank you.

I just don't like that it puts the Aura mods in the same mod pool when selecting your stuff. You can't immediately tell if the mod is an Aura, which makes it hard to find them when you want them.

There's a separate tab for auras. Yeah they should be taken out of the Warframe tab, but yes there is a tab for them.