Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

do not make quests into solo missions unless absolutely nessicery

zoobmer

On 4/15/2017 at 2:02 AM, Coldie93 said:

I always run quest solo since I want to take it slow and enjoy the story. You think I will be able to do it if pug is filled with rushers?

Why do you care about what goes on in pug if you're just running it on Solo mode anyway?

OP is asking for the OPTION to run this mission with a squad, not a mandate to run it as such.

12 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Why do you care about what goes on in pug if you're just running it on Solo mode anyway?

OP is asking for the OPTION to run this mission with a squad, not a mandate to run it as such.

Well I wasnt aware that Octavia's Anthem is a solo quest. 

I admit that running into sentients gave me trouble at first, but doing a bit of research and modding and equipping different weapons did the trick. I dont think having trouble with them warrants any changes (and whining about it in the forums for that matter). 

Lore-wise, I think the quest makes us realize that Cephalons are indespensible supports for the Tenno's day to day operations and isolating us from them made us helpless.

About quest overall, i believe that the whole system was design to be solo. Every NPC in the game can only see one tenno in the mission and one tenno alone (except for the almighty Lotus). Like in the quest context, would be really weird if the object is complete by another tenno and ordis become like "operator you did it .." while we did nothing ....

i don't know if in future there could ever be any cooperative-base quest (well ... we already have them and call those "trials" actually, they are like mini-repeatable quest /hard assassination in a sense) but for the current design, my opinion is that forcing cooperative element as a bandage fix for difficulty scaling problem would be a bad thing to do for quests from design perspective. (would be the other way if they could make it engaging to have more player)

4 hours ago, FireSegment said:

Every NPC in the game can only see one tenno in the mission and one tenno alone (except for the almighty Lotus).

If you go solo against Tyl Regor he still calls you "Worthless, ugly freaks".  Always plural; never "freak".

11 minutes ago, StrongCrayon said:

If you go solo against Tyl Regor he still calls you "Worthless, ugly freaks".  Always plural; never "freak".

err ... if you want to go there, then Vay Hek, Alad V, Ruk all have lines the point to all of tennoes. so ... i would repraise my word: all "Allies NPC" would not recognize the tenno that standing next to you, (Ordis would be in depress if he found out there are 26mil other ordis)

Edited by FireSegment

On 4/16/2017 at 3:27 PM, Kjahla81 said:

You only mentioned what weapon you were using but not what frame. Also I tried to help you on the last thread and again you only focus on weapon but nothing else.

On 4/19/2017 at 5:17 AM, Yzjdriel said:

Sentient are no threat to anyone anymore, what with Limbo's ability to literally FREEZE THEM IN PLACE, INDEFINITELY, and then take his sweet-arse time poking them to death with a stick.

Alternatively, you can Rift, (whatever that button is for you right-handed people) - oh look now you're invulnerable, 2, 4, two pumps of the trigger with a Tigris per frozen Sentient, and 2 - KABOOM.

Limbo + literally any weapon you have = win.

That said, I completely agree that there was zero discernable reason that needed to be solo.  The part after Simaris, yes, that's solo.  But THAT MAKES SENSE.

I had limbo, I tried freezing them, it was too hard!