Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

do not make quests into solo missions unless absolutely nessicery

zoobmer

the Octavia's Anthem quest has me gritting my teeth with frustration over how difficult the sentients are. yet when I claimed it was too hard, people insisted it was easy. the underlying matter is that there is no universal definition of what is hard and what is easy.

however, the fact that this is a co-op game means missions can be made easier simply by having more players. the problem with this is that the quest requires players to play it solo.

now here's the thing: there is absolutely no reason why that mission would need to be solo. the ending to the second dream and the entirety of the war within had large cinematic pieces that would not work unless the player was solo. this was not the case for Octavia's Anthem.

so please modify any solo quests to be co-op compatible unless it is simply not possible, as is the case with Second Dream and War Within. also, please think more carefully about whether something simply has to be solo. if there is any possibility of making a quest co-op, please make it co-op compatible.

the underlying matter is that there is no universal definition of what is hard and what is easy.

Any mission is easy as long as you bring right tools.

If someone went yolo with Oberon + up weapon(s) then yeah it's difficult.

If someone used reasonable frame or just utilized parkour + full set of weapons modded for different elements it's not. There's lots of warframes capable of dealing with Sentients without breaking a sweat among them Rhino that is the first majority will farm and Valkyr that is also acquired early + Excal as one of the starter frames is  also quite popular.

Edited by -Temp0-

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

If someone used reasonable frame or just utilized parkour + full set of weapons modded for different elements it's not. There's lots of warframes capable of dealing with Sentients without breaking a sweat among them Rhino that is the first majority will farm and Valkyr that is also acquired early + Excal as one of the starter frames is  also quite popular.

A player using Oberon can do the quest missions pretty well, though not to the level of perhaps some other options; its doable. You don't need parkour, or tricks really; just prepare for the enemies if they defeat you the first time. A weapon load-out with A puncture primary using Corrosive and Cold; secondary either impact or slash with Viral + Fire; and a melee with whatever remaining status you like will often do a good bet against Sentient before a player has access to Void Lasers.

19 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

all the strategies I was told were to difficult to execute. so actually, even with "the right tools," it's too difficult.

Why would you want to enforce coop in quest just because you find it too difficult.  And you can play it with people.. Wtf does coop compatible mean??

I always run quest solo since I want to take it slow and enjoy the story. You think I will be able to do it if pug is filled with rushers?

Grab mesa and a crit based secondary, as soon as the sentients appear just peacemaker the crap out of them. Tell me how that is not easy, you dont even have to aim.

As far as getting that equipment goes, mesa has been out for ages now, there is no real excuse not to have her; and there are plenty of crit based secondary weapons, furthermore most of them are among the best secondaries in the game so you should at least have one.

3 minutes ago, Coldie93 said:

And you can play it with people.. Wtf does coop compatible mean??

currently, if you recruit someone and try to play it, it will tell you that you have to leave your squad.

4 minutes ago, Coldie93 said:

Why would you want to enforce coop in quest just because you find it too difficult.

no trying to enforce anything, just want options.

2 minutes ago, KillMePlis said:

Grab mesa and a crit based secondary, as soon as the sentients appear just peacemaker the crap out of them. Tell me how that is not easy, you dont even have to aim.

As far as getting that equipment goes, mesa has been out for ages now, there is no real excuse not to have her; and there are plenty of crit based secondary weapons, furthermore most of them are among the best secondaries in the game so you should at least have one.

I don't need more tips, I need a team!

52 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

the Octavia's Anthem quest has me gritting my teeth with frustration over how difficult the sentients are. yet when I claimed it was too hard, people insisted it was easy. the underlying matter is that there is no universal definition of what is hard and what is easy.

however, the fact that this is a co-op game means missions can be made easier simply by having more players. the problem with this is that the quest requires players to play it solo.

now here's the thing: there is absolutely no reason why that mission would need to be solo. the ending to the second dream and the entirety of the war within had large cinematic pieces that would not work unless the player was solo. this was not the case for Octavia's Anthem.

so please modify any solo quests to be co-op compatible unless it is simply not possible, as is the case with Second Dream and War Within. also, please think more carefully about whether something simply has to be solo. if there is any possibility of making a quest co-op, please make it co-op compatible.

I remember that thread, you had a ton of people telling you how to deal with them, and you kept insisting that they were too hard for you.

You're gonna have to do some stuff by yourself, you probably ought to deal with it now.

But in case you actually feel like listening to input, you need to kill them quickly before they become practically immune to your damage.

So, you basically want a tigrus prime, that will 2 shot them.

16 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

all the strategies I was told were to difficult to execute. so actually, even with "the right tools," it's too difficult.

Bring Valkyr, press 4. Done. Bring excal, press 2, press 4, done.

If that's too difficult I have some bad news for you.

A player using Oberon can do the quest missions pretty well

Not this one apparently. That's why I suggested frames using which you can't fail because it's humanly impossible.

Any frame will do the work as long as you can avoid Sentient's attacks by any means. Just tanking damage is the most simple way of doing it. Second easiest is to cc them to death.

9 minutes ago, Sakatchi said:

So, you basically want a tigrus prime, that will 2 shot them.

I took the sancti Tigris. the grow immune as soon as I shoot them. it does take out 60% of their health though. then they kill me before I can take a second shot. did I mention it has you fight five at the same time? as if one wasn't hard enough.

6 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Whenever I did the quests with others, I was forced to choose to either listeing to the voice overs or catching up with the other teammates who insisted in rushing...

then don't do it with others? having the option to do it doesn't mean you have to.

1 hour ago, ZBanx said:

just bring valkyr and turn on hystaria. you cut through them like a hot knife through butter. also the best weapons are ones that do large amounts of damage with single hits as the adaptation is based on times hit not damage dealt

1 hour ago, ZBanx said:

I don't need more tips, I need a team!

The difficulty with Sentients are their ability to adapt.  By "right tools" mean, you should properly mod and max level your weapons so you can deal as much damage before the Sentients can adapt.  Any warframe can do it.  But if you bring only low-level, low-damage weapons, the mission may take longer and ultimately fail once you used up all your revives.

I suggest you take your time in building your arsenal (warframe and weapons).  You may even practice at Lua (if it is already unlocked) on how to fight Sentients solo.  It also helps if you use abilities than can CC the sentients, but do note that they also adapt to these.

It becomes easy once you have the "right tools" in taking them down.

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

I played the quest only one time, but I looted and killed exactly 500 sentients before extracting.  This was before DE removed the sentient drop table from the quest.  Walking away from a mission with 946 neurodes never felt so good!

I used Ivara.  But I didn't even use Artemis Bow.  I killed 500 sentients with a Radiation/Viral Tonbo!  No other melee weapon has better *vertical* reach than the underappreciated Tonbo.  It's a terrific tool for slaying sentients.

1 hour ago, ZBanx said:

I took the sancti Tigris. the grow immune as soon as I shoot them. it does take out 60% of their health though. then they kill me before I can take a second shot. did I mention it has you fight five at the same time? as if one wasn't hard enough.

I'm aware, I did the quest.

I also think that if you cant kill a level 20 sentent with a sancti you're doing something very wrong.

Only thing hard about the quest is getting the required number of scans to fill the codex with the 'new' sentients (iirc it's 20 which is far too high imo).  I'm going to have to run it again at some point most likely just to complete the codex which is annoying if I'm honest.

All you needed to do was take in the right gear, the sentients weren't even the normal level so were easier to kill.   Personally I went in with inaros, tigris prime (radiation/viral), euphona prime (cold) and galatine prime (corrosive) along with helios prime without any weapons.  Now admittedly they all have forma, potatoes and nearly maxed mods but even so I'm sure I could have done it with lesser weapons or frame. 

Sounds to me that the OP wasn't prepared with the right tools to deal with sentinels or they've tried to run before they can walk by not having spent time levelling up weapons/frames to a decent level before doing a quest.  Also not all quests should be easy, this quest is designed for a 'later stage' of the game so should be easier than say titania's farming plants etc.

Here's a thought...

If, for some reason the mission must be single player, how about letting all the people in the party in as observers.  Especially for new players, being able to have your experienced friend in the mission to watch and guide you would save much grief with new players.  Best case would be that the "guide" would be unable to interact with the world, but could appear to the active player as a hologram sentinel.  Essentially, the you can be the Zelda fairy for your friend.  "Over here!"

I'm teaching my wife to play, and she's NOT an inexperienced MMO player, but is suffering mightily trying to not get confounded with Warframe.  If it weren't for me guiding her over her shoulder, she'd have bounced off this game before she got done with the first quest-line.

The other up-side to allowing other players as even unseen spectators is that you don't break a party just because one of the people needs to do a relay or other single player thing.

Edited by AlienPickle

Sentient are no threat to anyone anymore, what with Limbo's ability to literally FREEZE THEM IN PLACE, INDEFINITELY, and then take his sweet-arse time poking them to death with a stick.

Alternatively, you can Rift, (whatever that button is for you right-handed people) - oh look now you're invulnerable, 2, 4, two pumps of the trigger with a Tigris per frozen Sentient, and 2 - KABOOM.

Limbo + literally any weapon you have = win.

That said, I completely agree that there was zero discernable reason that needed to be solo.  The part after Simaris, yes, that's solo.  But THAT MAKES SENSE.