The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So if my research is correct...

(XBOX)SgtFunBun

Oberon is next for the glorious Primed Throne, sucks I don't ever have money to spare for prime access, this would be the first one I would buy!

Please correct me if I'm wrong about him being next, but since I'm pretty sure he's next, let's discuss!

What do you think his Prime will look like? Will it look better than the original or not?

Will his abilities be reworked with his Prime? Or just improved upon?
Seeing as Oberon is my favourite Frame and the one I pick for literally everything, I'd love to hear some other people's thoughts who share the love for Oberon I have :)

Edited by (XB1)SgtFunBun

Oberon will get a "rework" soonish. They aren't changing any abilities just making them sync more. 

Oberon is next as far as release order goes but DE has gone out of release order several times now for popularity's sake. Probably not gonna happen here as that would put Hydroid next with Chroma to follow them. I'd be willing to bet a PA it will be Oberon. 

As far as aesthetics go, I just want a glorious fairy king that more resembles his deluxe skin that the base model. 

Oberon is my favorite frame too and I also can't afford to waste money on his Prime Access. :3

Hopefully he looks something like this googled image:

Image result for oberon prime

I think this would have a different, but cool vibe compared to default Oberon. (I like default Oberon's look so that is why I would like this. It looks similar, but is different enough to look very unique.)

Also, Scott confirmed that no abilities are changing (Thankfully) and that DE is just improving scaling and synergy between his abilities.

Personally, I don't think Oberon needs that many changes and I like him the way he is. However, I know that the majority wants changes so as long as the abilities don't change to drastically, I'm fine with a rework.

I actually made a 1 and 1/4 page rework draft that I have yet to make a Forum Topic on. :3

This is it:

Personally these are the changes I think he should have:

1. Smite- This is currently a great ability. No changes.

Smite Infusion-No Changes

2. Hallowed Ground- Increase Armor Buff to 40% Base Buff (Slightly lower than Warcry since he's the Jack-of-all-trades)

Increase Base Damage to around 600 radiation damage per second at base

Increase Base Range to 20 meters by 9 meters

Change Augment Hallowed Eruption to a new one called Hallowed Aura

Hallowed Aura- Hallowed Ground loses its damage, but follows Oberon everywhere for its duration.

Augment also has a base range of 20 meters

3. Renewal- Some "Small" Changes to its mechanics

First Change would be to make it regenerate health in an aura with a range of 40 meters similar to Blessing's range.

The projectiles would still give the burst healing

The Aura however would give the HoT                                                                                                                                                    

Projectile Speed heavily increased (Maybe 25 meters per second?)

Renewal would be changed to just a channeled ability with a drain like now of 5 Energy Per Second

If an ally is out of range the projectile gives both types to the ally once they are reached

The burst heal value would remain the same

Because it is now a channeled ability, the HoT is reduced to 25 health per second at base since it's a constant heal.

Duration is removed from Renwal

Changes to Phoenix Renewal-

Instead of the current effect, it would give the projectiles of Renewal the ability to revive allies if they are in Bleedout when Renewal is cast.

There would be no cool-down since Renewal only gives each ally one projectile per cast, so the Oberon would need to recast repeatedly to get the instant revives.

4. Reckoning-Just a few changes

Increase Damage to around 2000 to be similar to other non-scaling damage 4s                                                                                   

Make the Knockdown on Reckoning be a hard stun. Basically, make it be a Knockdown that scales with power duration. It would have a 6 second base duration. To keep the Radiation Proc relevant, it will be applied once the stun's duration is over.

Make the Health Orb chance be on enemies hit, not on enemies killed

Increase base range to around 20 or 25 meters

Increase base blind duration to 8 seconds and base blind range to 8 meters

Augment Hallowed Reckoning- I can't really think of a good augment for Reckoning so I'll propose three possible changes.

A)     Keep Hallowed Reckoning and Make small Changes

Increase base patch range to 5 meters 

Let Patches scale with Power Range

Leave everything else

B) Make It similar to Icy Avalanche except it scales. I.E. For each enemy hit you get an Iron Skin like protection which gets its health from 4% of the health of each enemy hit which scales with power strength

C) Pacifying Reckoning- With this Reckoning gives a slow affect to enemies hit for 12 seconds after they are hit. Scales with power strength and duration

Passive: I would change his passive to something like Vauban's where he gets more armor from being with allies.

This would probably benefit and suit Oberon a lot more than Vauban.

Vauban could just get a new, better passive.

It could also be something like Enemies affected by Radiation drop health orbs or release a Healing pulse when killed by Oberon

Another thing that I would like along with the 1st passive is the ability for Oberon to pick up health orbs while at full health. This would help a lot with Health Conversion since you wouldn't have to deal with any self-damage to pick up orbs from the new and improved Reckoning.

Stats: I wouldn't change anything on base Oberon's stats, but here are my suggestions for the Prime:

Health- 125 Base health>150 Base Health

So basically 375>450 when maxed

Shields: Stay the same

Energy- 100 Base Energy>125 Base Energy

So 150>187

Armor: 150 base armor to 225 Base Armor

(This would greatly improve survivability)

Sprint Speed: The Same

Polarities: One extra D polarity

If people want synergies here are some suggestions:

1. When on Hallowed Ground/Aura if you cast Smite, all projectiles from it will knock enemies down. This will not trivialize Reckoning since it now has a hard stun that scales.

2. When casting Reckoning on Hallowed Ground/Aura, The Range is increased by 10 meters, the health orb chance is increased to 75%, and you gain 500 extra damage points.

3. When casting Renewal on Hallowed Ground/Aura, Projectile speed will be doubled, Burst Heal will heal 50 more health, HoT will be increased to 30 Health per second

4. Casting Smite on an Enemy affected by Reckoning's new stun will open that enemy up to a Finisher.

Ok, I'm done

Any Comments, Question, Concerns?

*Remember this is just the draft that I made without much editing.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205

he'll definitely look dramatically different, though I hope they decide to make him more of a Paladin, rather than a druid/Nature theme, since that's been done already. as for his powers, we won't know for a while, but DE do a great job of frame reworks most of the time, and let's face it, Oberon can't be much worse than he is now....