Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help: Chroma Builds

genr8k

Question

Anyone have a good Effigy and Tank Build for Chroma?  

Effigy: http://i.imgur.com/D4yAJ1p.jpg

I want to make a build for Axi, T4 Defense and Interception missions.  Especially Interception.  

I want to be able to put it at a defense spot and go collect the reactant and not have to worry too much.  

Tank: http://i.imgur.com/LX7boSg.jpg

I haven't used Chroma as a tank a lot, but I always here he is a good tank.  

Any suggestions, builds or comments are welcome.  

6 answers to this question

Id drop narrowminded in your effigy build for steel fiber. It will make you tankier since you have to run around with half armor. Also having power duration isnt useful at all if your build is purely for effigy. With Chroma you cant have the best of both worlds.

thank you,  I noticed i was a little squishy when I used effigy,  So I put on Vitality.

19 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

Also having power duration isnt useful at all if your build is purely for effigy. With Chroma you cant have the best of both worlds.

i tried a high efficiency and strength build, but it used too much power and it didn't take long for me to run out. I think right now I use 2.5 energy/second

i'll switch out the mods and see how it works.  

Strength gives diminishing returns. For example, going from Intensify to Blind Rage made a 145 bombard rocket go from 11 or so damage to 9 or 10. Percent wise that's large, but in actual numbers, negligible unless you'r talking level 170+ Corpus. Even then, Life Strike or Healing Return with a status weapon will easily keep you topped up. Also, always use ice element for tank builds (also works well for Effigy as the cold proc is immensely helpful).

Steel Fiber/Vitality/Narrowminded/Continuity (Prime) are absolute staple mods for Chroma. Duration is the most important stat for his buffs, and also helps decrease the drain for Effigy. From there, I recommend Power Drift/Handspring for Exilus (Handspring if not using Constitution), Primed Flow, a strength mod according to preferences (I prefer Blind Rage for high levels 145+, and Intensify for energy reduction sortie/lower levels/Effigy), Rage (free energy) and I personally fill the last slot with Primed Vigor, as it works out to (a) a higher EHP pool, and (b) makes Arcane Grace heal more per second.

Speaking of which, Arcane Guardian/Grace are by far the two best Arcanes for Chroma (the first being less than 300p for a full set, the second being around 2000). With those Arcanes and Steel Fiber/Vitality/Primed Vigor/Blind Rage/Rage/Primed Flow/Primed Continuity/Narrowminded, I can completely AFK level 145 gunners/bombards for a large portion of my buffs (63 seconds), or have a net gain on health when blocking with a heavy blade (or any 85% reduction weapon).

While Effigy is useful, I recommend against building for it. With a 638 energy pool and Intensify (with the build above), Effigy only costs about 4e/s to upkeep, IIRC. Factor in Zenurik, Rage, energy orbs, and buffs only costing 125 energy every 63 seconds, and it's easy to keep Effigy out for even minutes at a time depending on how much damage you take, while retaining your awesome buffs that make you extremely hard to kill while dealing insane weapon damage.

If you go pure Effigy, it's pretty simply. Big energy pool, decent duration for both drain reduction and better buffs, some strength (Intensify+Transient Fortitude) for Effigy's health/your buffs, staple Vitality/Steel Fiber, and Rage so you can go masochistic to keep Effigy fueled.

If going hybrid, use the first build I listed. Use Intensify for regular gameplay (although I've taken it to level 120+), or Blind Rage for very high levels like 150+; enemies will be doing enough damage to you to keep Effigy fueled even if you are casting buffs (it can get tricky balancing that with keep health up though).

The two Arcane I listed will enhance your tankiness/EHP by an insane amount, if you can afford them.

I usually swing with the Blind Rage hybrid build cause (a) I have a large amount of energy pads, and (b) I usually deploy Effigy for about 30-60 seconds at a time. If I'm taking heavy damage, I can keep him up for almost two minutes easily, even though it costs about 6e/s. Maximizing Chroma for solely Effigy is a bit of a waste of his potential IMO, probably better off taking Octavia and Mallet for that.

It's extremely expensive mod/forma-wise, but you get a frame you can take to literally any level range, any mission type, and do extremely well in. Plus, his deluxe skin is glorious, and being a dragon-knight never gets old.

Chroma can be tricky, but I enjoy using the Dragon way too much. I have seven forma in mine so far, currently using:

Spoiler

nfgAcIZ.jpg

So the main focuses should be on having Rage and Primed/Flow along with high health and duration as one experiments and uses Formas. I'm too tempted for using one more forma, for example.

Especially, if you go for Ice for Armor. Warframe Builder is one helpful source to test before trying in-game.

I went as far as going for Rejuvenation Aura (as you can see in the image), but know that, that is not a necessary choice. {Hirudo} {furis with synd mod} and so on are decent sustain alternatives as much as melee channeling Life Strike.

Since you can also go for short duration, high efficiency Fire and maybe Electric can be another avenue. That is another option, depending on mod synergies and taste.

From my experience, going Toxic has been the hardest of the choices available, since Chroma has very little to sustain health at higher options as long as Rage and Primed/Flow remain staples, without outside help.

Then between Zenurik and Naramon Focus, Chroma can further be a tough Warframe to challenge.

Hope the brief synopsis helps.

6 hours ago, shiro.OoKami said:

Anyone have a good Effigy and Tank Build for Chroma?  

Effigy: http://i.imgur.com/D4yAJ1p.jpg

I want to make a build for Axi, T4 Defense and Interception missions.  Especially Interception.  

I want to be able to put it at a defense spot and go collect the reactant and not have to worry too much.  

Tank: http://i.imgur.com/LX7boSg.jpg

I haven't used Chroma as a tank a lot, but I always here he is a good tank.  

Any suggestions, builds or comments are welcome.  

I wouldn't recommend a energy tank build but it's probably the most potent option. I used it too for a while as it's a logical choice to use energy tank for max damage but compensating the lost health is only possible with melee/life strike, what allmost kills its purpose.

If that's fine with you, use that one.

0l0r7PQ.jpg

Be sure to replace the aura with steel charge or Cp, depending on if you're going for a slash status build or raw (Jat kittag with vulkan blitz ~). Ice should be used regardless.

It's possible and recommendet to keep the effigy active at all times.

Otherwise use a armor build. The same build with steel fiber instead of QT can be used to keep the effigy active in higher levels too. Hema or furis or even a full set of grace are more then enough to keep you alive. (you might wanna use something to replentish shields too. Doesn't matter if it's a doggo or sentinel.)

Replace blind rage with intensify to have a relatively tanky effigy build for lower levels (still more then enough for axis and such. Be sure to use the stronger one for sorties, endless and kuva floods tho. Especially if you solo.)

You can also replace Prime Flow with prime vigor for better tanking, with constitution for longer buffs.Those make effigy use allmost impossible tho.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

This would be the best Chroma build I've been able to create.  Granted, it's not cheap....

Zcft6me.jpg

I've taken this build to lvl 350 normal and lvl 200 MOT Solo.

I would not recommend casting Effigy for Chroma under any circumstances outside Credit farming. It reduces Chroma's total armor value by half and will often just get him killed at higher levels. His first ability is even more needless. There's nothing that ability can do you can't accomplish through better means.

Arcane Guardian looks nice on paper but a massive weakness with Chroma is getting his shields and therefor his armor back up each time he re-casts Vex. This build will eliminate Chroma's need to disengage or self damage with each cast and takes the shield micro manage game out of the equation. Using Traumatic Redirection results in him having 100% up time on Grace (+~1k eHP/sec), Aegis (+101 Shields/sec) and will max his Fury's +% Damage in about 6 seconds without the need to take damage from enemies.

Growing Power is the best Aura for Crhoma, It gives him more eHP than Stand United. More damage than anything but Steel Charge and more Healing efficiency for other sources due to more eHP. It's everything Chroma could want in one slot.

Unfortunately You cannot use a 10/10 Blind Rage with this build (Least in solo play) he can't keep up with the energy management. This build also cannot melee. I use a separate build with Zenurik +294% Power and no-Rage for Melee Chroma.

Spoiler

Rnh8KqT.jpg

I wouldn't call Chroma a good "Tank". He's more of a brawler. Armor based mitigation in this game is very flawed and the result is that Chroma can be put down very easily by the right enemies or conditions. A single Slash proc can end him without a lot of healing to back him up and heavy Puncture damage like Techs or Nullifiers can shred him quite fast. His damage output is what helps him avoid damage more than his eHP.