Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Trident Weapon!

(PSN)Lilybad

The Weapon Is Called Triano, Coming From The Greek Word, Triaina, Meaning Trident.

It Has 3 Sharp Blades On The End. The Middle One Is The Longest, While The Ones On The Left And Right Are Shorter. The Opposite End Without Blades Can Also Be Used As A Staff Or Pole-Arm. 

Special Ability - Can Shoot Out Small Blades On A Charge Attack In A Cone Shape. 

Slash Damage - 450 Damage

Impact Damage - 200 Damage

Puncture Damage - 150 Damage

Slide Attack - 650 Damage

Wall Attack - 550 Damage

Slam Attack - 500 Damage

Critical Chance - 5%

Critical Damage - 1.5%

Status Chance - 40%

Channeling Damage - 2.5x

Attack Speed - 1.10

It Has 1 Madurai, 1 Naramon, And Its Stance Polarity Is Madurai.

It Comes With A New Stance Type! The Stance Is Called Bladed Strike.

I Hope It Seems Like A Good Weapon! Leave Comments! Or If You Want Try And Draw What You Think It Would Look Like! (I Hope It's Not To Overpowered!) 

Edited by (PS4)Lilybad
I Changed Crits & Attack Speed

a few things:

- overall damage is way too high

-crit multiplier is too high, a x1.5 is best if you are going to focus on status

-crit chance and status chance is unbalanced ESPECIALLY for a melee weapon, i suggest a 10% crit and 35% status chance

-attack speed is way too high for base, go with 1.00

-the special attack is fine but should deal reduced damage per blade

-we do have A weapon that gets two stance type but its best to not push for more, as it was not well implemented for how it could have been 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Lilybad said:

I wanted it to be like Tigris... Very strong but no one cares that it's overpowered

The thing is Tigris is only overpowered in raw damage because it has less than ideal crit chance and has to reload after every two shots. To make this weapon comparable to a Tigris, it's crit chance, crit multiplier, and attack speed would have to be greatly lowered. Even with those changed, this weapon's stats would still blow every other melee out of the water still having almost five times the amount of base damage that the next highest melee weapon has and an easily achieved 100% status chance.

Honestly though, I think it would be awesome for DE to make a new melee weapon like you suggested that has a base damage that hits like a truck (however with low to no crit or status) since it is something that no other melee weapon in the game currently has. 

P.S. Just so you don't get so much flak next time, here is a link to a website with a nice chart of every weapon in game with all stats listed just so you have a nice comparison to go off of.  --> http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Lilybad said:

I wanted it to be like Tigris... Very strong but no one cares that it's overpowered

The difference is that tigris series has a very specific trade-off of being a two-shot duplex-auto shotgun, you do a massive amount of damage to one or two things in a narrow cone, and then need to reload.

Polearms on the other hand are notorious for having one of the largest attack ranges behind whips and glaives/gunblades.

The weapon you proposed has no downsides of any type, you've built something with 800% more base damage then the average melee weapon, excellent crit chance, the highest base crit damage ever, excellent status chance, the highest base channeling damage ever, absurdly fast, and all of that with a good AoE range.

Ha, pyro beat me to it.

Edited by rapt0rman