Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some questions about Mag/Prime

Yusif854

Question

Since I have became a mag user recently I have some questions about her. I haven't played mag for 2 years or more. Can somebody tell me every single change she got? And what those abilities used to do pre-change? Please tell every single one. I need to know and decide if mag is stronger or weaker than before. 

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

pull is now multitarget instead of single target

bullet attractor is now magnatise, can be used on multiple enemies and lasts the entire duration even if the enemy its on gets killed. it does damage over time in addition to redirecting the shots (based on the ammount of shots fired into it) and explodes at the end of the duration.

polarize is now an expanding wave that also shreds armor and makes magnetic chunks that do extra damage in bullet attractor and crush

crush is the same except it now does additional damage based on the ammount of magnetic chunks around the enemies affected by crush

did i miss anything? @MagPrime

Edited by --Shadow-Stalker--

21 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

bullet attractor is now magnatise, can be used on multiple enemies and lasts the entire duration even if the enemy its on gets killed. it does damage over time in addition to redirecting the shots (based on the ammount of shots fired into it) and explodes at the end of the duration.

polarize is now an expanding wave that also shreds armor and makes magnetic chunks that do extra damage in bullet attractor and crush

crush is the same except it now does additional damage based on the ammount of magnetic chunks around the enemies affected by crush

Mostly spot on, however, If Pull kills you have a chance of generating an energy orb.

I'll have to check back on this, loading a motorcycle.

6 hours ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

Wow, 2 years pal, not 5

Pull was changed from single target to multitarget way at the beginning.

It was then indeed changed to multitarget and pulled enemys to your feet, It was nerfed to just randomly pull them in pull direction and it got remastered with her recent rework to ragdoll enemys on the first and pull them to YOUR direction once they're cc'd (idea behind this is that ragdolled enemys are pulled into magnetizes center easyer. They're only trapped in the center and can bail in the outer sector.) Works now under LoS tho.

Greedy pull was forgotten, which was used to exploit the Energy lock of channeled abilitys, which was changed to work for mag exclusive and was then nerfed with LoS too. (Small objects+LoS= essencially broken.)

Everything else is more or less correct.

Magnetize used to be a single taget ability, now it's effective Cc and Endless scaling damage (if bullets are present at least. Amplifies and unleashes any bullet in a giant aoe at the end of its duration)

Polarize got worse. Oneshotted entire corpus maps in its early days, then oneshotted its actuall ability range and is only support these days.

Crush is the same since its beginning but the augument adds very effective percentuall armor reduction.

She's overall worse against corpus but MUCH better against everything else. Hope that helps.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Wow, 2 years pal, not 5

Pull was changed from single target to multitarget way at the beginning.

It was then indeed changed to multitarget and pulled enemys to your feet, It was nerfed to just randomly pull them in pull direction and it got remastered with her recent rework to ragdoll enemys on the first and pull them to YOUR direction once they're cc'd (idea behind this is that ragdolled enemys are pulled into magnetizes center easyer. They're only trapped in the center and can bail in the outer sector.) Works now under LoS tho.

Greedy pull was forgotten, which was used to exploit the Energy lock of channeled abilitys, which was changed to work for mag exclusive and was then nerfed with LoS too. (Small objects+LoS= essencially broken.)

Everything else is more or less correct.

Magnetize used to be a single taget ability, now it's effective Cc and Endless scaling damage (if bullets are present at least. Amplifies and unleashes any bullet in a giant aoe at the end of its duration)

Polarize got worse. Oneshotted entire corpus maps in its early days, then oneshotted its actuall ability range and is only support these days.

Crush is the same since its beginning but the augument adds very effective percentuall armor reduction.

She's overall worse against corpus but MUCH better against everything else. Hope that helps.

Thank you very much.

I have a LOT OF questions in my head about Mag and her weapons. Let's count them down:
1. Best Primary for magnetize? 
2. 85 duration 175 effiency 145 range 200 strength OR 110 duration 175 effiency 145 range 145 strength? 
3. My build for lanka is: Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Speed Trigger, Thermite Rounds, Malignant Force. What to put at last spot vile acceleration or infected clip?
4. Best elemental for Lanka? Is gas the best for it? I have 70% status chance build with S#&$ ton of crit (see build above).

1 hour ago, Yusif854 said:

Thank you very much.

I have a LOT OF questions in my head about Mag and her weapons. Let's count them down:
1. Best Primary for magnetize? 
2. 85 duration 175 effiency 145 range 200 strength OR 110 duration 175 effiency 145 range 145 strength? 
3. My build for lanka is: Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Speed Trigger, Thermite Rounds, Malignant Force. What to put at last spot vile acceleration or infected clip?
4. Best elemental for Lanka? Is gas the best for it? I have 70% status chance build with S#&$ ton of crit (see build above).

1)The hek comes to mind. Generally try to focus on strong weapons that are rather difficult to use as you're mainly infusing the damage. Any generally strong weapon works tho with the exceptation of explosive type weapons (only the actuall projectile damage participates in the aoe, not the explosion damage) and bows (damage, infinte punch trough was nerfed)

2) really depends on what you wanna go for with your build. All are quite viable.

High duration-strength bubbles are a nice cover and source for damage on strategic points. Max range-low duration bubbles are a pretty nice measure to spread damage and aoe. You should probably try it out and look for the build that fits you best.

3+4) I don't really use the Lanka so i can't provide quality feedback but yea, electric+gas on a status builds is definitly the best combination. The Gas only scales off poison and crit and electric only scales off electric and crit mods so i'd go with infected clip personally. Lanka is specificly mentioned in the wiki too to still offer infinite punch trough. Should work excellent with this setup. It's in the same kinda aoe damage category as explosive weapons tho so it might be relatively useless for max range builds. Feel free to use tonkor/ogris instead.

The Lacera is the melee equivalent btw. Very nice on the same elements too. I do like to use that weapon to trigger naramon, defintly works best with frames like mag or nidus. It requires maiming strike tho, what may be a problem if you didn't have the chance to farm it...sells for crazy prices due to a O.P. synergy with blood rush...

Edit: Do you have high voltage? That one is a candidate for the last spot too. Should raise the status to around 100% and benefit the electric procc. Should be farmable in hive missions if you don't. Just not sure how far magnetize allows status at all as it usually "absorbs" damage before further processing it... i mean lanka bullets stay and aren't beein consumed but i'd still test it before putting too much formas into it if i were you. The polaritys might collide with a more fitting high damage build...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108