Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Missions: Just publish reward tables already...

Gigaus

I'll keep it brief and simple since the thread locking seems trigger happy as ever.

DE, just release the drop tables for endless missions already. How many years has this game been going? How many bad decision have been made? 'could stand for one that actually makes sense, seems you're overdue on that.....You have ingame drop tables for void relics, sorties, and events, even if the middle of those is more a tease than helpful. Why can't you just slap one on Survival, Intercept, Def, and the other endless missions? Seriously, why? At least then we know where to go to continue playing your game, instead of guessing, and hoping for someone to be able to datamine your stuff.....Which you know is going to happen, again, and people will be looking to those guys for info, not you. 

So, could we maybe get drop tables for the missions you're going to have us farm anyway? Makes it much easier to play the game than take massive guesses and not play the game. 

They provide you all the info for where to get mods as well as relics, and anyone that has played a particular endless a few times would know about which tiers award what kind of reward and how often they show up. What kind of drop tanles were you looking for, exact percentages? They don't have that anywhere in the game.

12 minutes ago, Gigaus said:

So, could we maybe get drop tables for the missions you're going to have us farm anyway? Makes it much easier to play the game than take massive guesses and not play the game. 

Them not doing so officially is probably punishment for us just going to Reddit and getting datamined drop tables no fuss no muss

Wink. Nudge.

Is this close enough for a drop table ? Otherwise you have codex to tell locations of relics. So you already know where to go. Just the drop can be anywhere from rotation a - c thats what have really have to check so know when you can possibly get rare relic. There is wiki pages for everything you need if every hunting something and cant find.. The drop tables for endless it just keeps playing through rotation A A B C A A B C over and over

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_Rewards

Edited by MarioMadness

22 minutes ago, MarioMadness said:

Is this close enough for a drop table ? Otherwise you have codex to tell locations of relics. So you already know where to go. Just the drop can be anywhere from rotation a - c thats what have really have to check so know when you can possibly get rare relic. There is wiki pages for everything you need if every hunting something and cant find.. The drop tables for endless it just keeps playing through rotation A A B C A A B C over and over

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_Rewards

Simple answer: No.

Complicated answer: That's not a drop table hun. I know you're trying to help, but that's just a page saying missions have rewards. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Interception This is a drop table.

We need to actually know what drops where AND in what rotation. It'd be nice if they'd include actual percents, considering they did with Relics (Sorta), but it's DE so I won't hold my breath. But as it stands, we don't have an aggregated list in game, nor an aggregated list that doesn't either get taken down by moderators, or that isn't invalidated a couple weeks after it's allowed to be released. The current tables on the wiki are months out of date, and didn't even last a full month before they were invalided.

DE, I get you like having some 'mystery' to your updates, and don't like actually telling the community when you change stuff-- we all know you don't with bosses and the stalker-- but it's getting childish that you're actively hindering us from learning the rewards we're trying to grind for, and not providing that information yourself. It's bad enough you expect us to grind 24+ hours for a single item, could you at least be a little less asian in your game design and just let us know the drop tables? 

6 hours ago, Gigaus said:

Simple answer: No.

Complicated answer: That's not a drop table hun. I know you're trying to help, but that's just a page saying missions have rewards. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Interception This is a drop table.

We need to actually know what drops where AND in what rotation. It'd be nice if they'd include actual percents, considering they did with Relics (Sorta), but it's DE so I won't hold my breath. But as it stands, we don't have an aggregated list in game, nor an aggregated list that doesn't either get taken down by moderators, or that isn't invalidated a couple weeks after it's allowed to be released. The current tables on the wiki are months out of date, and didn't even last a full month before they were invalided.

DE, I get you like having some 'mystery' to your updates, and don't like actually telling the community when you change stuff-- we all know you don't with bosses and the stalker-- but it's getting childish that you're actively hindering us from learning the rewards we're trying to grind for, and not providing that information yourself. It's bad enough you expect us to grind 24+ hours for a single item, could you at least be a little less asian in your game design and just let us know the drop tables? 

Soo....

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Defense#Rewards

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Survival#Rewards

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excavation#Rewards

And personally, from decades of MMO experience, both play and testing as well as community moderation, official numbers should NEVER be released. Contents yes, percentages no.

On 4/24/2017 at 7:34 PM, AzureFang1 said:

Soo....

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Defense#Rewards

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Survival#Rewards

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excavation#Rewards

And personally, from decades of MMO experience, both play and testing as well as community moderation, official numbers should NEVER be released. Contents yes, percentages no.

Yeah, notice when the tables were updated, and when this thread was posted? Until two days after, the last update to the tables was in December of '16. So very out of date. 

And under normal circumstances, I'd agree with you. Until we get to the point where we're getting less than 1% drop rates, which has happened in the past with DE. As far as we know, those percents could be right, or they could be totally fake. It's not uncommon for developers to intentionally leave false data and info if they expect people to datamine their game. Considering how much RNG is involved in this game, it'd be nice enough to know what is where and what the chances are of getting such are. Especially when we get lovely bugs that make it so that some items have 100% or 0% drop rate because someone mistyped somewhere. 

Edited by Gigaus

35 minutes ago, Gigaus said:

Yeah, notice when the tables were updated, and when this thread was posted? Until two days after, the last update to the tables was in December of '16. So very out of date. 

And under normal circumstances, I'd agree with you. Until we get to the point where we're getting less than 1% drop rates, which has happened in the past with DE. As far as we know, those percents could be right, or they could be totally fake. It's not uncommon for developers to intentionally leave false data and info if they expect people to datamine their game. Considering how much RNG is involved in this game, it'd be nice enough to know what is where and what the chances are of getting such are. Especially when we get lovely bugs that make it so that some items have 100% or 0% drop rate because someone mistyped somewhere. 

Huh. I would have never noticed they were out of date, considering every single drop I've received so far has matched the current tables and, if I'm not mistaken, looking at the reward table histories rather than the pages, someone has made update passes on all of the tables that have been affected since the last vaulting at the end of February, bringing them up to U20, with the most recent update pass happening on April 26th, all by the same user that has been keeping them up to date since he split them into dedicated pages almost a year ago. Which would mean they're not exactly out of date. And, they are being consistently curated with each vaulting, if you compare the old page histories AND the new dedicated page histories.

A little tip when looking at Wikia pages that draw tables from dedicated pages rather than coding them inline - look at the dedicated page for history. In this case, rather than looking at, say, Interception#Rewards, which reads the update history for the base Interception page, look at Interception/Rewards, which has the history for the table itself.

Edited by AzureFang1
Links for easier research

16 hours ago, AzureFang1 said:

Huh. I would have never noticed they were out of date, considering every single drop I've received so far has matched the current tables and, if I'm not mistaken, looking at the reward table histories rather than the pages, someone has made update passes on all of the tables that have been affected since the last vaulting at the end of February, bringing them up to U20, with the most recent update pass happening on April 26th, all by the same user that has been keeping them up to date since he split them into dedicated pages almost a year ago. Which would mean they're not exactly out of date. And, they are being consistently curated with each vaulting, if you compare the old page histories AND the new dedicated page histories.

A little tip when looking at Wikia pages that draw tables from dedicated pages rather than coding them inline - look at the dedicated page for history. In this case, rather than looking at, say, Interception#Rewards, which reads the update history for the base Interception page, look at Interception/Rewards, which has the history for the table itself.

When I checked them, they weren't. I was running Interception at low and high for relics, not realizing that some of the relics were vaulted-- Mainly because I'm an old player and I have common sense in that I wouldn't think to throw away a whole line of keys just to remove 1 item from that reward bundle from the game-- and spent an hour getting mod drops on a drop table that was saying there was no mod drops. I can't speak to how the pages are all setup, or how they should be, but I can speak to what I had in front of me; An incorrect reward table. 

Even if they are correct, it doesn't change it would be infinitely better if these tables were aggregated in game. Game development 101: You do not want people to stop playing your game. Alt-tabbing out to check a reward list falls under that category. I rather have an official list as well, one published by the developers that won't have errors that are unconfirmable for the average player. Even if they are wrong-- due to a bug or the devs posting faulty information again, and yes I said again-- we can at least poke the devs about it instead of hoping whoever datamined it figures out what went wrong.

It basically comes down to having an official and approved version of the list out. People seem to forget that DE has control of the wiki and has an express policy against datamining their game. They have for several years now, and they have messed with the information just to screw players over before. I rather have a list that isn't under suspicion basically. 

I fall in the camp that if a particular part of a game has consistent rewards in the form of some table and set percentages assigned, then there might be as well some "official" numbers available to players.

Or, if a game has decided that they want to arbitrarily keep rewards randomized in such a way that players are unable to either data-mine or collaborate on stats by collecting data in the way of just running missions and putting down results, then the game itself should just have really really random formulas controlling that part of the drops in the first place.

Anything in between just feels kind of weird.